New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 93 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    mga sir, paano ba magmonitor ng fuel consumption? may nababasa akong half tank or full tank method etc.? ano yun? =)

newbie lang ako mga paps, i'll be getting my civic 1.8 this week.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AC_23 View Post
    mga sir, paano ba magmonitor ng fuel consumption? may nababasa akong half tank or full tank method etc.? ano yun? =)

It is better to go with the full tank method. You fill the tanks and then check the odometer for the mileage counter. Drive the car in your usual route until whole tank is consumed. Fill the tank again and check the odometer for the current mileage counter. Get the difference between the mileage counter readings and then divide by the amount of most recent full tank which results to your average fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tsinoypride View Post
    Mga sir 96 civic vtec AT, yokohama sdrive tires with nitro (for stable pressure, hotter condition for normal air changes pressure kasi) user manual recommended NGK spark plug, castrol magnatec oil, petron xcs gas, user manual recommended air intake filter change, and very rare vtec use. 9.5km/l city driving, 12-14km/l highway.
    Tama lang ba sir o medyo mataas consumption?
    May nagsabi kasi sa akin lahat ng factors could affect fuel efficiency, at yung nagsabi sa akin naka 00 civic vtec 11km/l city at 14-16km/l highway

Pasensya na sir kung may nakasagot na umabot lang ako hangang page 11 haba na kasi 90+ pages na
    First question - how do you measure your fuel economy?

Use an app. ACar does all the computations for you. If you wanna do it yourself, follow the steps Egan explained.

(Ending Mileage - Beginning Mileage) ÷ (Total fuel loaded after 2nd full tank) = Actual Fuel Consumption.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Use an app. ACar does all the computations for you. If you wanna do it yourself, follow the steps Egan explained.

(Ending Mileage - Beginning Mileage) ÷ (Total fuel loaded after 2nd full tank) = Actual Fuel Consumption.

Noted on this. ACar is an android app? Can't find it in apple store. All I can find is in different language.

Thanks Sir Jut, Egan for this info!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Noted on this. ACar is an android app? Can't find it in apple store. All I can find is in different language.

Thanks Sir Jut, Egan for this info!
    If you're using iOS, I would recommend Road Trip as an FC app. Also as detailed as ACar.

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    First question - how do you measure your fuel economy?

Full tank method sir (to the top not automatic full tank)

Sent from my LG-F400L using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tsinoypride View Post
    Full tank method sir (to the top not automatic full tank)

Sent from my LG-F400L using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Filling to the brim is prone to errors because each gas boy has different ideas of what "full" is.

Still, any variance should even out after several full tanks if you record your fill-ups religiously with an app.

Biggest factors for different FC figures for the same car are:

1. Different traffic conditions - your city driving is not equal to his city driving. Pasig to BGC on a rush hour will never get the same mileage as QC to Makati on a Sunday.

2. Different driving technique - from personal experience with the exact same route and traffic conditions, I get 11-12 km/L if I drive hard and 15 km/L if I drive nicely.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Let me add one more to that list. The time of the year you take your readings. The summer months would have slightly lower mileage vs the colder months.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016

Hi! comment lang din ako kasi newbie but what I've done, is to trip my car at zero then fill to full, note my driving and how much I've consumed at the end of the day. Ang long form nito is wait till zero talaga then calculate (i.e 40 liters is consumed in 100km so, ang consumption is 2.5km/l) hehe, mejo rough calc ito but you can use it.heheheh

Congrats on the new car, might be getting a city soon eh!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Mga bro magtatanong sana ako ng advise, I think my car is eating up too much fuel.

I got my (brand new) 2018 Honda City 1.5 E CVT just last Thursday, July 6, so it is less than 1 week old. I have driven it daily up until today and have logged about 129 KM total. Problem is the fuel consumption as the average fuel economy reading indicates about 5.7 KM/L which I have confirmed by cross referencing with the total KM traveled along with the amount of fuel that I have consumed to date which is about 20+ liters. I have only driven in Mandaluyong-Makati-QC, experienced a somewhat heavy traffic last Thursday but everything else is pretty much normal city driving. I cannot say that I am light footed on the gas but quite close to it - I am never aggressive with my accelerator or brakes unless it cannot be helped.

My question at this point is do you think my car has a problem or do you think it is just the breakin period? I expected slightly lower fuel economy given that the car is very new, but not half the advertised city driving fuel economy of 10-11 KM/L. Thank you for the inputs.