New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 94 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul77 View Post
    Idsi 04 7-8km/L sakin. Malakas ata. Light naman pag drive ko
    ano gamit mo.po na fuel..91 octane rating?

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    that's quite high. mine is an average of 6-7 KM/L. i'm using 2017 Civic 1.8 E and XCS. daily driving from QC to Makati and vice versa during peak hours (6 AM-8 AM and 6 PM - 9 PM). mostly via EDSA or Makati-Mandaluyong-San Juan-QC route. my experience is somewhat similar with you during my first full tank, but subsequently, i can manage to log 7-9 KM/L drive during moderate traffic here in the Metro. but expect it to be really really high during super heavy traffic where you travel for about 1.5 to 2 hrs from Makati to QC.

maybe, try to monitor the amount of time and distance you are on the road. or assess it again after 2 - 3 full tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kabalyero View Post
    Mga bro magtatanong sana ako ng advise, I think my car is eating up too much fuel.

I got my (brand new) 2018 Honda City 1.5 E CVT just last Thursday, July 6, so it is less than 1 week old. I have driven it daily up until today and have logged about 129 KM total. Problem is the fuel consumption as the average fuel economy reading indicates about 5.7 KM/L which I have confirmed by cross referencing with the total KM traveled along with the amount of fuel that I have consumed to date which is about 20+ liters. I have only driven in Mandaluyong-Makati-QC, experienced a somewhat heavy traffic last Thursday but everything else is pretty much normal city driving. I cannot say that I am light footed on the gas but quite close to it - I am never aggressive with my accelerator or brakes unless it cannot be helped.

My question at this point is do you think my car has a problem or do you think it is just the breakin period? I expected slightly lower fuel economy given that the car is very new, but not half the advertised city driving fuel economy of 10-11 KM/L. Thank you for the inputs.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by AC_23 View Post
    that's quite high. mine is an average of 6-7 KM/L. i'm using 2017 Civic 1.8 E and XCS. daily driving from QC to Makati and vice versa during peak hours (6 AM-8 AM and 6 PM - 9 PM). mostly via EDSA or Makati-Mandaluyong-San Juan-QC route. my experience is somewhat similar with you during my first full tank, but subsequently, i can manage to log 7-9 KM/L drive during moderate traffic here in the Metro. but expect it to be really really high during super heavy traffic where you travel for about 1.5 to 2 hrs from Makati to QC.

maybe, try to monitor the amount of time and distance you are on the road. or assess it again after 2 - 3 full tanks.
    Thank you very much bro for the inputs...the numbers and details you mentioned are very helpful. I think i may have also expected too much...but the fuel economy seems to have improved quite a lot when i turned off econ mode and a bit after I did a 500+ KM drive to my home province and back to manila. Hopefully it improves further with time.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Is the difference (+/-) or inaccuracy between full tank method and the FC gauge big?

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Filling to the brim is prone to errors because each gas boy has different ideas of what "full" is.

Still, any variance should even out after several full tanks if you record your fill-ups religiously with an app.

Biggest factors for different FC figures for the same car are:

1. Different traffic conditions - your city driving is not equal to his city driving. Pasig to BGC on a rush hour will never get the same mileage as QC to Makati on a Sunday.

2. Different driving technique - from personal experience with the exact same route and traffic conditions, I get 11-12 km/L if I drive hard and 15 km/L if I drive nicely.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    As far as I know, you need to reach 1000km+ to experience good fuel economy as the engine and other parts needs to break in first. Once it loosens up, you'll see better readings.

6. Join Date
    May 2013
    Gen 1 CRV M/T

City * 6-7 kms/ltr
    Hi-way * 11-13 kms/ltr

No fixed route/time, but mostly moderate traffic encountered.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Ask mga papy honda city 2008
    2 ang fan nya..now ko lang na pansin from start after 10min pag i on ko ang ac isa lang ba talaga ang aandar na fan ng radiator.. ung isa parang di ko nakikitang tumatakbo?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pongzkiedos View Post
    Ask mga papy honda city 2008
    2 ang fan nya..now ko lang na pansin from start after 10min pag i on ko ang ac isa lang ba talaga ang aandar na fan ng radiator.. ung isa parang di ko nakikitang tumatakbo?
    When the engine is cold, the radiator fan will not kick in till it reaches operating temperature.

Hows the fluid levels?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Does anyone here still owns a 2007 honda civic fd 1.8 s? What is your current FC? City and Hway driving.

I'm planning to buy a second hand civic. Current mileage is 45k.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jasvill View Post
    Does anyone here still owns a 2007 honda civic fd 1.8 s? What is your current FC? City and Hway driving.

I'm planning to buy a second hand civic. Current mileage is 45k.
    2007 1.8S 75k Km

5 Km/L city driving