New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    Hey bro! You use this on nlex or Slex? I just find it hard using ACC on Slex because of the constant moving around of vehicles and I end up turning it off to avoid the erratic acceleration/deceleration which I think will be worse for FC.
    Or maybe I'm just new to using ACC.
    Not on SLEX or NLEX bro. Just TPLEX and SCTEX where the traffic is lighter.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Ok that's good to know. Thanks!!

By the way, which is a more fuel efficient technique?
    Rev slowly and lightly but you stay in the lower gears longer or just step a little harder so it reaches desired speed faster and then release to take advantage of a little hyper milling?

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Not on SLEX or NLEX bro. Just TPLEX and SCTEX where the traffic is lighter.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    Ok that's good to know. Thanks!!

By the way, which is a more fuel efficient technique?
    Rev slowly and lightly but you stay in the lower gears longer or just step a little harder so it reaches desired speed faster and then release to take advantage of a little hyper milling?
    Steady acceleration at around 2000 rpm until your desired speed and then minimal throttle input to maintain that speed. Coast as much as possible if you're approaching a slower car (instead of braking). Then gradually accelerate again to your cruising speed.

Always imagine that your brakes don't work and your fuel tank is near empty. Every hard squeeze of the throttle and brake pedals causes unnecessarily higher consumption.

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    I do what you suggested as much as possible well except for the 2000rpm. In fear of higher FC I end up staying a lot around 1500-1800rpm which results to slower acceleration towards my desired speed. Will try to use 2000rpm to be able to coast more. Medyo adjust lighter agad Ako whenever I see the green ambient light turn white kasi. Hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Steady acceleration at around 2000 rpm until your desired speed and then minimal throttle input to maintain that speed. Coast as much as possible if you're approaching a slower car (instead of braking). Then gradually accelerate again to your cruising speed.

Always imagine that your brakes don't work and your fuel tank is near empty. Every hard squeeze of the throttle and brake pedals causes unnecessarily higher consumption.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    I drive a 1st gen CR-V with over 220,000 mileage
    city driving 5-6KM/L
    mixed 6-7KM/L
    pure highway 10-12KM/L

pero recently i just average at 5.5KM/L grabe ang lakas sa gas.. gawa narin siguro ng traffic ngayon..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    50kms drive from home to work
    20kms highway 5kms city per one way trip

Honda Jazz i-Dsi
    18.8 km/L
    Ave. speed 60-80 kph

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    My car is in good condition but i don't know why i am only consuming 3 kilometers / liter, can anyone help me increase my gas consumption? Need all the help please!

Honda civic 96 vti

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rapipoy View Post
    My car is in good condition but i don't know why i am only consuming 3 kilometers / liter, can anyone help me increase my gas consumption? Need all the help please!

Honda civic 96 vti
    Have you checked your air filter and throttle body? Accumulated dirt and dust blocks air flow which can cause increased fuel consumption.

If your car is automatic, have you experienced any sliding in the tranny? Increased fuel consumption and sliding (skipping gears) are tell-tale signs of tranny failure.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Have you checked your air filter and throttle body? Accumulated dirt and dust blocks air flow which can cause increased fuel consumption.

If your car is automatic, have you experienced any sliding in the tranny? Increased fuel consumption and sliding (skipping gears) are tell-tale signs of tranny failure.

Hi Egan101 - thanks for your reply. I'm using a manual transmission. Actually i just had a tap overhaul and since my engine was opened i told my mechanik to check other stuff that needs fixing and cleaning and i think he did, my engine runs smoothly its just my gas consumption that's killing me Meron ka ba kakilala na magaling na mekaniko where i can bring my car?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rapipoy View Post
    Hi Egan101 - thanks for your reply. I'm using a manual transmission. Actually i just had a tap overhaul and since my engine was opened i told my mechanik to check other stuff that needs fixing and cleaning and i think he did, my engine runs smoothly its just my gas consumption that's killing me Meron ka ba kakilala na magaling na mekaniko where i can bring my car?
    You should get back to the mechanic and ask him if he did something out of the ordinary. Going somewhere for a 2nd opinion will be costlier since you have to pay them too for their diagnosis. Has your mechanic gave you a detailed rundown of all the things he did?