New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 107 of 122 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1220
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    Ano pinaka best na replacement brand na shock absorber? When I got replacement brand in 2015 at banawe. I didn't select.. bulok ata binigay ng service center. In the following report 2 weeks ago... Honda wrote me:

Class-B Can be done at a later done
    Need to replace the following:

See the entry second to the last. All shock absorber matagtag daw. I still haven't repaired all those recommendations kasi hindi naman urgent. It shows not all replacement parts are good. Dapat I should have asked advices from you expert ano dapat brand ng shock absorber kinuha ko.. for future reference and in case my Subaru gets matagtag rin.. ano pinaka best na replacement shock absorbers in the world??
    Subaru uses Kyb shocks.

Also, in my experience. Stock lower arm bushings of Foresters don't last long. When I went in for 10k pms, they changed my lower arm bushings. Then at 20k+, the lower arm bushings were busted again. This time I didn't go oem, I got bushings from white line performance online.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    That's right. I always forget it. Honda radiator cooling fan has Denso motor in it. Their Brake Master Cylinder has Nissin in it (although they engraved the word "Honda" above the Nissin as shown in the following pic where my old leaky Brake Master has just become a toy). So what is the official brand for Honda Shock Absorber (saan made)??

I noticed walang nakalagay na Honda sa taas ng "Nissin" ng OEM brake master cylinder ko which was replaced a month ago...

I know OEM means pareho sa original.. so did they grind off the word Honda or wala talaga.. what you think?

Btw.. I remember now bakit ko pinayag pinalagay ng replacement shock absorbers sa banawe.. sabi kasi nila if original Honda shock absorbers.. pareho matagtag kahit bago (kasi naka designed sa weight ng car.. how true is this??).. this is why I tried replacement.. pero now 3 years later.. matagtag na rin replacement maybe because poor brand binigay sa akin.. so next time.. ano brand dapat lagay ko sa 2nd gen CRV para smooth ride katulad sa forester 2016 (in case I really need to retain it for another 15 years when going to dark alleys and parking at isolated streets at tondo etc)?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Wow either.lemon ang unit mo sir...or.medyo na abuse ang paggamit...As.mention I have same car and so far only consumable parts lang na replace ko in her almost 15yrs service....stab link, Denso Aux fan motor, crank shaft oil seal, oil pan gasket, serpentine belt, HL bulbs and park and brake lights bulbs, wiper blades, main window power switch, repaired power window motors (banawe boys lang) And siempre goma and batterries, fuel/air/oil filters..never replaced pa ang shocks...though admittedly matagtag tlaga sya compared to other her contemporaries.

To maintain brake system, have it flushed every 2-3years...its cheap and pede din DIY..accumulation of worn rubber and abrasive materials will be minimized hence leaks will be avoided.never replced any of.my brake system aside sa brake pads...used bendix lately oks naman...basta kapag nag discolor na sa reservoir have it change and flushed.

For the Shock absorber my friend says go for the Bilstein shocks..will last the remaining life of ur car and comfortable ride. Tempted to replace na din mine kaso the price is almost a quarter the market value ng CRV ...hehe but since am really bent on keeping her for life soon baka pagnagkabudget will splurge on it hehe.
    Last edited by Jiggs; February 25th, 2018 at 12:46 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    In her first 2 years casa maintained sya but after that sa mga recommended shops ko na sya pinaservice...subjected her for Extended oil change interval but using RP oil kina speedyfix nun sa me Mandaluyong pa shops nila..annual interval ko. Lately using Zic oil na lang..and been a long time user of Baldwin B1402..very satisfied in fact when we replaced worn oil pan gasket the crankshaft and and pan is really ckean for a 12yo car on extended OCI. engine still in perfect condition.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Wow either.lemon ang unit mo sir...or.medyo na abuse ang paggamit...As.mention I have same car and so far only consumable parts lang na replace ko in her almost 15yrs service....stab link, Denso Aux fan motor, crank shaft oil seal, oil pan gasket, serpentine belt, HL bulbs and park and brake lights bulbs, wiper blades, main window power switch, repaired power window motors (banawe boys lang) And siempre goma and batterries, fuel/air/oil filters..never replaced pa ang shocks...though admittedly matagtag tlaga sya compared to other her contemporaries.

To maintain brake system, have it flushed every 2-3years...its cheap and pede din DIY..accumulation of worn rubber and abrasive materials will be minimized hence leaks will be avoided.never replced any of.my brake system aside sa brake pads...used bendix lately oks naman...basta kapag nag discolor na sa reservoir have it change and flushed.

For the Shock absorber my friend says go for the Bilstein shocks..will last the remaining life of ur car and comfortable ride. Tempted to replace na din mine kaso the price is almost a quarter the market value ng CRV ...hehe but since am really bent on keeping her for life soon baka pagnagkabudget will splurge on it hehe.
    Radiator will tend to have holes after 15 years.. kaya expect your radiator to be leaky soon... just replaced mine last January..

I'm curious. Ano components ng Honda CRV made directly by Honda and ano components made by third party? In the case of the radiator with hole above.. nakasulat "Honda" and "denso" sa top. Initially I thought walang nakasulat. Ok ba denso na radiator?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post

Btw.. casa maintained CRV ko since 2004. By now aside from possible na mag leak radiator mo (see picture in above message). It's possible meron na leak sa rack and pinion mo. Get a strong LED flashlight. Shine mo specially yun small boot sa right side (see pic below).. most likely meron tagas sa loob. Ako sobra lakas tagas gearbox ko in 2015 that it can no longer be repaired kasi meron na gasgas rack. Pinalit ng replacement. Pero after just 3 years now.. nag leak ulit replacement. Now I have to replace a 3rd rack and pinion next year na. Does anyone know if Honda make their own rack and pinon or made by third party? I can't see the brand and I want to in case meron oem na mas mura.. 46k kasi ang new rack and pinion now...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    As.most car manufacturer Only the Engine and drivetrain ang sa kanila rest is from 3rd party OEM..well even drivetrain and.engine components are as well from OEM example bearings, seals... kumbaga carmakers incorporator sila assembly and badge it their own..parts were rebadge on its boxes but the content still bears the OEM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Fortunateky not a single sign of leak din dyan..number one cause ng gasgas sa shaft is dirt, kaya need to regular inspect that rubber boot, .I also do regular interval ng Power steering fluid flushing. Also practiced not doing babad na naka full turn ang manibela..it induces strain sa pwersteering pump. Yun powersteering pump ng kotse ni misis naka 2x na overhaul na due to leak..kse nga tigas ng ulo..lagi sagad holding sa full turn..tsk.

Sir tanong ka sa Alabang Parts center...kompleto sila ng Orig..parts and replacement parts guaranteed cheaper than casa price. Though lately dun sa AC sanden compressor ng honda dimension ni misis dumerekta ako sa other shop kse mas cheaper kesa sa kanila..duda ko me supplier pa sila so.me extra charge .
    Last edited by Jiggs; February 25th, 2018 at 01:27 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Is the CR-V Gen 1 (1998 - gas auto) a good trade for my Revo Gen 1 (1999 - gas auto), too?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by willownavarro View Post
    Is the CR-V Gen 1 (1998 - gas auto) a good trade for my Revo Gen 1 (1999 - gas auto), too?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
    I think it depends on what you want and what you need. Our CR-V 98 has an average fuel consumption of 9 km/L and sometimes lower. How about your Revo?

You should also consider the history of that CR-V. Is it a well cared vehicle? Otherwise, it'll be better to stick on what you have.

Honda CRV [continued]