New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I found a shop that was willing to sell me a side mirror. P750. I bargained for P500 pero he said ang P500 eh Taiwan lang. I had no choice kasi I can't drive all the way to Evangelista or Banawe. He said he'll call me when the mirror arrives coz he had to order it pa.

j_avonni, pano kinabit yung side mirror mo? Pinindot lang ba?
    Yes, pinindot lang. Pag nag-click, kabit na yon. That's how easy it can be installed/un-installed.

:eat: [SIZE="1"]3783[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    How the heck did those thieves manage to steal a spare tire without anyone noticing. Even the car wash boys. Wala palang silbi yung mga roving guards sa Park Square.
    The roving guards do their security checks half-hearted. I think the guards are not trained to know what they are looking for. One roving guard per floor. Given the size of the real estate these poor shmucks have to cover, a crafty thief can plan his approach so he won't be spotted. Years ago, I lost my audio system at a supermarket parking lot. My car was parked 4-5 cars away from the guard house. The guards never saw anything. A fellow car owner was also robbed but she got it worst: thieves stole her Coleman water jug what contained the jewelry she was selling - and she was only inside the supermarket for 30mins - less than an hour.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Maybe folding our side mirros might at least lessen the chance of it getting stolen. Kasi kailangan pa nila ituklap if they plan to steal it so they might forego your car and find another victim instead.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    You think you got it bad?

Tell you what I parked my Gen 2 Crv in Greenbelt 3, after watching the last full show of a movie, my fiance and i went back to the car. To my surprise, my LEFT and RIGHT Side Mirrors were stolen! To add much to insult, the *$$hole also stole my ANTENNA!!

So Cathy cheer up.. You din't get it as bad.. Hehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Park Square 1 or 2? Problem with both is that both places are quite dark and poorly lighted. What car were you driving? It's really quite easy to remove the side mirrors especially with Toyota cars.

My recent experience is that my tire caps were stolen in Podium and again in Mall of Asia Promenade. Good thing i have extras.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    Park Square 1 or 2? Problem with both is that both places are quite dark and poorly lighted. What car were you driving? It's really quite easy to remove the side mirrors especially with Toyota cars.

My recent experience is that my tire caps were stolen in Podium and again in Mall of Asia Promenade. Good thing i have extras.
    errr...sir, matagal na pong walang parksquare 2. since after nung incident sa glorietta.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Cathy, curious lang, which level did you park then, if you still recall? I park rin there kasi at some weekends. Maybe puwedeng iwasan yung level na iyon.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    badtrip naman iyan pati sa glotietta talamak na pala ang side mirror thefts

i wonder if those shark made side mirror protectors are good thief deterrents. i saw that particular product being sold at the honda casa in alabang yesterday

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I was thinking nga of folding the side mirror whenever I park. Sa Level 8 ako nag park, yung mag bridge going to SM. Nakakataka nga kasi puno parati yung parking na yun saka maraming tao kasi may upuan din for drivers.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    There are foldable mirrors na when you unfold them, they "click" or snap into place, enough to trigger the alarm kahit warning lang (adjust the sensitivity of your alarm sensor). Most of the time the sensor will be on the driver side footwell may small spot yun for the control button/adjustment.

Also I noticed that mirrors with electric adjustment are harder to remove...not sure if this still holds true kasi baka iba yung mounting tabs behind the mirror lens to accept the electric motor inside the mirror assembly. Manual mirrors just use a ball joint on one end and the adjustment lever is in the cabin kaya more space, so simpleng sundot lang tanggal na yon.

Anyway, wala ka rin naman magagawa just move on and get a new or good used set. Ganyan na talaga buhay dyan, mahirap na. Kami nga sa simbahan pa kami nanakawan, buong row of cars nadali. Kaya hindi na kami nagsisimba dun.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Side Mirror Stolen in Park Square