New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 45 of 107 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by apecsos View Post
    lifetime brake warranty appears to be ok BUT BUT BUT of course if there is something wrong with your rotor disc.....patay. A defective rotor disc will void the lifetime brake warranty. Doon sila babawi kung magpapalit ka ng rotor disc/brake drum
    ngek.. oo nga noh.. hehehe... may lusot pa din... Lugi pa din.. mura lang brake pads eh...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    lifetime warranty sa brake pads and shoes. pero 2 days warranty lang sa rotors hehe. baka naman gawa sa kusot yan kaya wala kapit

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymd View Post
    lifetime warranty sa brake pads and shoes. pero 2 days warranty lang sa rotors hehe. baka naman gawa sa kusot yan kaya wala kapit
    There is another problem with the lifetime brake warranty as well. YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR LABOR. In the branch that I worked before, we charge 350 pesos. And the brake pads we install are more often than not is the cheaper kind which cost much less than 350 pesos. Kaya in the end....kita pa rin rapide. But kung makulit ang customer at ipagpilitan na ang ilagay ay bendix brand then ok yun for the customers. Pero bilang sa daliri ang mga customers na ipagpipilitan eh bendix brand.

Sa brake shoes naman eh yari ang customer pag mag-claim ng lifetime warranty. Kung magkaroon ng tama ang brake drum eh mapipilitan ang customer na ipa-reface ang brake drum which will cost about 600 pesos per side. Pag ayaw ng customer na ipa-reface and brake drum eh void na ang lifetime brake warranty. Bukod doon may bayad din ang labor sa pagpalit ng brake shoes kahit lifetime warranty pa siya.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    *apecsos
    We are continuously formulating and implementing programs and measures to be able to be competitive in our pricing at the same time provide value for the money. I think our package pricing is one good program don’t you think?

Right now, one of Rapide's goal is to provide customers value for their money thru programs like Lifetime Brake warranty, Free safety inspection, Longest warranty offers, comfortable customer lounge, large network chains for our fleet clients to name some.

Still we aim to improve more kaya your inputs are important to us.
    It will also help if you guys can provide input specially on market prices.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    How Rapide Lifetime Brake Warranty works:

1. Ones you have your brake pads and/or shoes replaced by us, you are automatically enrolled in our Lifetime Brake Warranty. Provided that your brake system is in good running condition, if not we will advice you to have it fixed first (you have the option to have it done outside) before you can be enrolled.
    2. Only the brake pads/ shoes are free
    3. Rapide uses only the best quality pads and shoes. (please check our website for our quality partners)
    4. As long as you own the car, you can claim our Free pads or shoes.
    5. You can avail your warranty in any of our branches nationwide.
    6. No other repairs and services shall be done without your written consent.

Yes, we provide free safety inspection. Please ask our personnel for a show-and-tell for you to see first hand what they are doing. After that they should provide you with a written estimate. Again, any recommendation is subject for your approval.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by leaniskra View Post
    1. Ones you have your brake pads and/or shoes replaced by us, you are automatically enrolled in our Lifetime Brake Warranty. Provided that your brake system is in good running condition, if not we will advice you to have it fixed first (you have the option to have it done outside) before you can be enrolled.
    You mean Lifetime Cash Cow database?

2. Only the brake pads/ shoes are free
    Yes, and everything else is overpriced.

3. Rapide uses only the best quality pads and shoes. (please check our website for our quality partners)
    Really now?

4. As long as you own the car, you can claim our Free pads or shoes.
    You can use those pads to wipe your face

5. You can avail your warranty in any of our branches nationwide.
    I think nobody would want to go back in any of your shops.

6. No other repairs and services shall be done without your written consent.[/quote] Well that is true. But almost 90% of those who posted here said the same thing. Either overpriced, or nagdadagdag ng mga sira

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *apecsos
    We are continuously formulating and implementing programs and measures to be able to be competitive in our pricing at the same time provide value for the money. I think our package pricing is one good program don’t you think?

Right now, one of Rapide's goal is to provide customers value for their money thru programs like Lifetime Brake warranty, Free safety inspection, Longest warranty offers, comfortable customer lounge, large network chains for our fleet clients to name some.

Still we aim to improve more kaya your inputs are important to us.
    It will also help if you guys can provide input specially on market prices.

I suggest tsikoteers to do it this way if you plan to avail of the lifetime brake warranty. You can have your rotor disc/brake drum refaced at your favourite suki and take advantage of the free lifetime brake pad/brake shoes of Rapide. BUT BUT BUT make sure that only BENDIX brand brake pads be installed. I suggest the customer should personally see it 1st hand while it's being installed. If there is no other problem with the vehicle, I suggest to tsikoteers NOT to have their car inspected. Just claim your free brake pad/brake shoes and pay 350 or so...then off you go. The same cycle over and over.

LEA, this is my input with regards to the lifetime brake warranty. For me, it is a flawed promo. First of all, refacing of rotor disc/brake drum in Rapide is very expensive compared to having it refaced sa labas. If I am not mistaken Rapide charges about 600 pesos for that BUT during my stay in Rapide I made it a point that refacing in my branch is 425 pesos (though mahal pa rin pero at least hindi masyadong taga). Even the brake pads that were installed were more often than not is NOT BENDIX. Not unless may alam ang customer at ipagpilitan ang BENDIX. More often ang kinakabit eh yung mas inferior kind na brake pads which the latest I recall is MINTYE (Made in Malaysia). Ask me why? Rapide prefers to have the cheaper brand installed kasi mas malaki ang GP (am sure you're familiar with the term). I would assume Lea, you know that product and you also know that the COGS (puhunan) is way way cheaper than Bendix. If Rapide uses MINTYE sa lifetime warranty eh kita pa rin Rapide kasi mas malaki ang charge sa labor compared sa COGS ng brake pads.

I also strongly suggest Lea that Rapide considers to get each branch a fully equipped refacing machine so that Rapide can be competitive. You can PERSONALLY try ask around kung magkano talaga ang refacing sa mga machine shops. Definitely hindi 600. As far as I can remember, out of about 30 branches of Rapide only 4 or 5 have refacing machines. This is also 1 reason why Rapide can't compete at more often than not kelangan pa magpa-subcon sa labas.
    I also suggest LEA that you double check a particular store manager who charges 850.00 each for refacing. Now that's over pricing talaga. Here is a clue for you....his first name has a LETTER "R". You know why I know? Because I have seen it before and I have seen the invoices that were being charged 850 pesos for refacing.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Dapat yata Lea, kunin ninyo na lang ako na maging ONLINE operations manager para maituwid ang mga baluktot sa Rapide. Yun nga lang dapat sweldohan mo ako...hahaha

By the way Lea, you haven't answered on how you are going to approach the overpricing thing. How would you address the "victims" of the overpricing that Rapide has done? How can you undo it? Is Rapide open to a refund on those people that were overcharged?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Kung gusto talaga ng Rapide malinis ng konti ang pangalan nila, eh lagay nila yun INDIVIDUAL Waiting Box for the customer sa harap ng kotse nya habang ginagawa ito. Para na din sa satisfaction yun nun customer para mabantayan kotse nya. Kahit na small room box lang with small aircon, TV, cofee machine, a wide view see through window na kahit naka-upo yun customer eh kita pa din yun auto nya habang kinakalikut. Tapos wag naman managa sa presyo. Dapat mag start sila dito kesa kung ano anong PROMO ang ipino-post nila dito.

I suggest dun sa taga Rapide...basahin nyang mabuti tong thread. Nakakahiya ang Rapide.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lea, bakit hinde na mo na lang kasi sabihin na your people should stop giving false check up results sa mga clients. and yun price bakit hinde niyo na lang ibaba.

eh wala naman mangyayari kung hinde niyo babaguhin yun business practice niyo eh.

RAPIDE FeedBack Thread [merged] (horror stories & others)