New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ***Disclaimer: Don't know if this is the right forum to post in. This is more of an announcement.***

Message from Northwest 8 [fire chief of Manila Northwest Volunteer Fire Brigade]:
    APRIL 5 (Thursday), 9am. Parade: Justice for Ronaldo R. Infante (Severino Bravo), Fire Chief of Manila SETBA Fire Volunteer Brigade, Inc. Meeting Place at SETBA HQ (Batangas St. Sta. Cruz, Manila). Please wear black. Thank you.

How the media played it out to have happened:
    ABS CBN: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/nat...-killed-makati
    GMA: 2 killed in Makati encounter after failed rob try | GMA News Online | The Go-To Site for Filipinos Everywhere

What I think:
    I was never personally close to the deceased. But we know him and we deal with him from time to time. He is a legitimate businessman and he has no reason or motive to rob an LBC L300 delivery van. People in the fire fighting community tend to think that the LBC van accidentally sideswiped Severino Bravo and his companion in one of the dark streets in the area (hence the LBC driver later claiming that he intentionally rammed them). When the LBC van fled the scene, SB and his companion gave chase. The LBC van claimed a hijacking to call attention to the community and make his actions valid. The things that happened next are still under investigation but in the end, Makati Policemen riddled Severino Bravo (and his mechanic) with bullets until they were dead on the scene. Due to the nature of local business nowadays, SB and his mechanic are armed for protection with a Glock and Browning pistol. Both with complete license and papers as per the people in our small community.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Riding a Motorcycle in Tandem while carrying firearms, is just asking for trouble.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Business people riding around unarmed is asking for trouble too.

A guy just got killed in his CR-V after armed men pulled up and fired upon the vehicle to steal the cash he was carrying. In the vehicle was his wife and 11 year old child.

A couple was also killed in a robbery at the stoplight of Araneta Avenue after they were fired upon. They had just come from the bank. They died in their CR-V. Their child wasn't even 1 year old at the time if I remember right.

In today's world, it's no wonder everyone is arming for protection no matter what we ride or drive. Even fire trucks and ambulances are now armed (concealed carry, of course). Motorcycles are no exception. The bad guys can strike anywhere.

***GMA7 refused to cover the parade tomorrow saying it's a holiday and there are no reporters. Maybe they just don't want to cover the event since they were the first one to come out with the false report.***

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by andywesteast View Post
    Riding a Motorcycle in Tandem while carrying firearms, is just asking for trouble.
    YUP. Maiinit ang mga pulis dyan. They even have special Checkpoints for them.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Video tribute for bugoy:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzy2jn27ZN4]A Tribute To Severino BRAVO of Setba - YouTube[/ame]

La naman problema sa check point. Basta ok ang papers ng motor, ng rider, at ng firearms.

Problem dito, yung LBC driver that cried a hijacking when in fact it wasn't. And the cops that chose to shoot first and ask questions later...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Video tribute for bugoy:
    A Tribute To Severino BRAVO of Setba - YouTube

Problem dito, yung LBC driver that cried a hijacking when in fact it wasn't. And the cops that chose to shoot first and ask questions later...
    Next time, tell your Mekaniko to leave his 9mm Pistol at home, and just bring his tools.

The cops will always Shoot First and Ask Questions later, specially when you are armed, riding a bike and shooting back. As if hindi nangyayari before.

Its called Tempting Fate.
    Last edited by hein; April 5th, 2012 at 01:11 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Who said anything about shooting back? Wow.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Who said anything about shooting back? Wow.
    The many Witnesses interviewed by the 3 major networks including GMA7. Wow Bulag at Bingi.
    Last edited by hein; April 5th, 2012 at 01:31 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    May God bless his soul. I am sorry for the love ones he left.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Always take media reporting with a grain of salt, along with police action just as well. My friend was in an accident on NLEX a few days back (in a multiple car crash) where she was not at fault; the news reported that her car mowed down the other when she was in fact the first car to do a full stop to avoid an idiot AUV who stopped suddenly and she didnt hit anyone until the chain reaction was formed (started by another woman who was texting while driving and did not see the full stop).

We do hope that the truth be known on this case whether the deceased was at fault or not. What was his motive to do such allegations (labo nga to hold up an LBC van)? Whats his background? Was he just at the wrong place at the wrong time? Per the description of what happened, it is likely those so-called eye witnesses interviewed by the networks did not see the whole picture and that can only be determined by an actual investigation.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Justice for Bugoy (Honors on April 13, Interment on April 14).  See post #127