New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Baka naman kasi sir nadala lang ng init ng ulo at inilabas ung baril sa harap ng driver ng LBC van. Kahit na di mo naman intensyon ipaputok yan at tatakutin mo lang, aba iisipin talaga ng driver na you are there to rob him.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As expected, GMA7 did not cover the event. Solar and aBS did come.

And the cctv footage of the makati apartelle has mysteriously become unavailable to the victim's family. Bravo died in front of the cctv camera.
    People just want the truth. If may ginawa nga na mali ang victims, tatanggapin naman ng family at community. Pero sa ngayon na nagtatago ang mga pulis na nakapatay at ang LBC driver na nag claim ng holdap, everyone is still searching for the truth.

Will post pics later.

And hindi naman lahat ng taong may baril ay masamang tao. Some of my colleagues even do rounds and clinic with their FA's within arm's reach. Iba na ang panahon ngayon. You cant even expect the police for protection kung simpleng tao ka lang.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    dapat imbestigahan ngang mabuti yan......

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    People just want the truth. If may ginawa nga na mali ang victims, tatanggapin naman ng family at community. Pero sa ngayon na nagtatago ang mga pulis na nakapatay at ang LBC driver na nag claim ng holdap, everyone is still searching for the truth.

Will post pics later.

And hindi naman lahat ng taong may baril ay masamang tao. Some of my colleagues even do rounds and clinic with their FA's within arm's reach. Iba na ang panahon ngayon. You cant even expect the police for protection kung simpleng tao ka lang.
    True, for closure people will just want then truth whether may mali or hindi yung deceased; pwede nga they made the mistake of bringing out their gun in a fit of rage due to the supposed incident in the alley. But how will people know the truth kung walang maayos na inbestigasyon. Yung mga eye witnesses na nagpapogi sa interview, dapat itawag and mag testify under oath in court right?

I think the justice being searched for here is not solely to prove na walang sala yung pinatay but rather to know the truth to what really happened. Kung nagtatago/bulag-bulagan ang pulis and LBC personnel involved and witnesses dont go out and talk in court, and with footage missing, how the hell will that be known right?

Yes, a lot of the real gun owners i know are very responsible and respectable professionals. Even in my family, its a requirement that we all at least know how to safely handle guns because you may never know when you will have to hold one.
    Last edited by vinj; April 5th, 2012 at 03:01 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Business people riding around unarmed is asking for trouble too.

A guy just got killed in his CR-V after armed men pulled up and fired upon the vehicle to steal the cash he was carrying. In the vehicle was his wife and 11 year old child.

A couple was also killed in a robbery at the stoplight of Araneta Avenue after they were fired upon. They had just come from the bank. They died in their CR-V. Their child wasn't even 1 year old at the time if I remember right.

In today's world, it's no wonder everyone is arming for protection no matter what we ride or drive. Even fire trucks and ambulances are now armed (concealed carry, of course). Motorcycles are no exception. The bad guys can strike anywhere.

***GMA7 refused to cover the parade tomorrow saying it's a holiday and there are no reporters. Maybe they just don't want to cover the event since they were the first one to come out with the false report.***

if im not mistaken both cases involved a struggle since both refused to hand over the cash. now ask yourself this question, if you are armed but your family is with you in the car. will you shoot it out with the robbers?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    if im not mistaken both cases involved a struggle since both refused to hand over the cash. now ask yourself this question, if you are armed but your family is with you in the car. will you shoot it out with the robbers?
    if i'm driving i'd probably keep driving as fast as i can so i can get away and try to ram the bad guys in motorcycle. shooting inside a car even if you're not driving is hard enough i'm sure shooting back while driving will be a lot harder unless you're jason bourne or james bond. the best thing to do if you are inside the car and not yet cornered then just drive away.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vproject View Post
    Baka naman kasi sir nadala lang ng init ng ulo at inilabas ung baril sa harap ng driver ng LBC van. Kahit na di mo naman intensyon ipaputok yan at tatakutin mo lang, aba iisipin talaga ng driver na you are there to rob him.
    Yan ang problema, tinutukan nila ng baril yung LBC driver in a fit of rage. The gas station people nearby saw this and called the police.

That started a chain of events that caused their death of the pistol-packing Mekaniko and Bumbero.

If they were able to contain their anger, they would still be alive today.
    Last edited by marg; April 5th, 2012 at 07:03 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. But thats not the only time you need to draw an FA in the real world. Example ko lang yun. Sorry po if flawed.

My favorite example is the brother of our dean who was in sitting at a traffic light in araneta ave when armed men started firing at the unarmored Subaru Forester they were in. His companions in the vehicle were able to draw their weapons and neutralize some of the threats. Despite sustaining bullet wounds, they were still able to drive the bullet riddled Subaru to the hospital.

What I'm just trying to say is not all armed people are criminals. A lot of us are respectable professionals, businessmen, etc.

Btw, afair the couple in the Araneta incident were immediately fired upon by the robbers. Though age could be getting the better part of my memory now.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post

If they were able to contain their anger, they would still be alive today.
    Yes definitely.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would go with hein here. I don't know the victims so I can't say if they are into illegal business or something but I'm just basing it on the facts and circumstances that I've read here...

bakit pati mekaniko meron dalang baril? I mean isn't it unusual na meron baril ang isang mekaniko? saka saan daw papunta sila sabi ng family nila?

I would understand kung pupunta ng bank and mag withdraw ng big sum of money.

yes, maybe the police were trigger happy again but to be fair with them, probably ang report sa kanila eh armed and dangerous yun mga "criminals"...saka yun circumstances talaga, "hi jacked yun LBC ng 2 nakamotor with guns..."

kung ganyan ang report sa police tapos upon arriving sa scene ganun nga nakita nila, talagang tutuluyan nila yan.

saka sabi ng mga police they shoot back and sabi rin ng mga witnesses at least yun ang intindi ko...I might be wrong though

condolence na lang sa family but yun circumstances ng victims eh talagang against sa kanila

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Justice for Bugoy (Honors on April 13, Interment on April 14).  See post #127