New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are also speed traps in Canada. If that's any consolation. hehehe.

May small town speedtrap na din na napasara (I forgot the name of the town). A short stretch of interstate passes through their jurisdiction. The town turned it into a cash cow. Na-feature sa Car and Driver iyon dati. From mayor to deputy sangkot. If I remember right, the court decided to remove the freeway from that town's jurisdiction (sobrang ikli lang nung stretch, dumaplis lang halos sa border ng town).

I guess it's best to have all documents ready just in case.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    downhill yung daan at madilim...
    i don't even recall if there was a speed sign. ang dilim...
    hmmm... ikaw na mismo nagsabi na madilim dun sa lugar & your repeating it seems to emphasize the point, so i guess you're aware that when you said...

Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    common sense should have prevailed in that situation...

i was not putting anybody's life in danger nor was i driving recklessly
    ...you seem to know what should have prevailed at that time, so have you realized that, first and foremost, its your life that you've put in danger? :question:

and if that's the way you're going to argue your case in court, mukhang tagilid yata laban mo... :twocents:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Not to be too hard on n2knee. I'm sure many of us have been in his spot or worse. No one's perfect. It's best to take lessons learned to heart and hope it doesn't happen again.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wow, ok pala sa US, free Dunkin doughnut for uniformed Policemen.

Now i understand the doughnut and police tandem in american shows. hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

-courtesy of Road Rash 3DO and Road Rash PC......

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    That's why be careful. From exprience, you will know where the cops hide etc. If you think there was an error in the cops part, you can contest your ticket. This is what I like about other country. In the Philippines, it's usually the one in authority who wins, it's like their salary doesn't come from tax payers.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by forza1 View Post
    That's why be careful. From exprience, you will know where the cops hide etc. If you think there was an error in the cops part, you can contest your ticket. This is what I like about other country. In the Philippines, it's usually the one in authority who wins, it's like their salary doesn't come from tax payers.
    Have you tried to contest a ticket / violation here in the Philippines?

I've been able to downgrade a counterflow violation to reckless driving c/o the MMDA's Adjucation Board (I did admit to counterflowing but only because I was not familiar with Pasay Road's timebound one-way traffic scheme back then).

I was also taken by PNP-TMG cops to Crame for using an expired commemorative plate. Their Major did let go of me after all documents was presented and that my plate was only expired for a few days.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The absence of a speed sign is not enough reason to go over what's allowed by the road condition. It's written in the drivers handbook that 25MPH is the allowed speed limit in a residential area, and that goes down to 15 when there's a blind intersection.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Good thread. Passionate and yet, very informative....

Yes, whenever I see a 25MPH sign, pag napapagawi ako riyan, I really slow down, even when downhill....

:starwars:

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    This reminds me of the time some a**hole (let's call him Weird Al, kasi kamukha nya e) cut me off for doing 35mph on a 35mph mountain road (roadwork zone). He was pissed cuz I wouldn't go any faster (mga 3 miles yata nya ako binubusina).

What Weird Al didn't know was I saw a cop car very visibly parked by the heavy equipment we just passed.

Cops had a field day, and so did I. :evillaugh

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
got pulled over for doing 35 on a 25..