New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    papunta ako sa blockbuster para isuli yung mga dvd movies na hiniram ko last week. downhill yung daan at madilim. i don't even recall if there was a speed sign. ang dilim. i'll have to check that one tomorrow. i gradually pressed my brakes, so my car could slow down. then all of a sudden, these familiar red and blue lights started flashing behind my car from out of nowhere. i immediately pulled over. officers whitey and brownie asked for my license, registration, and proof of insurance. i asked the reason why he me pulled over and was informed i was going 36 on a 25.

i immediately handed him my driver's license and asked officer whitey to give me a minute to look for my registration and proof of insurance from my glove box. officer whitey became impatient (i guess he did not want to miss the free donuts at krispy kreme) and went back in his piece of sh!t crown vic to write the speeding ticket. he came back and told me that he did me a favor by writing 35 (instead of 36) on a 25 on the ticket. and in addition to that, he added another violation for failing to show proof of insurance, which is pure horse sh!t since i had it in my possession. i was providing him the documents he asked in the order he presented his requests. he became impatient and instead walked away back in his patrol car. i argued, but i realized i was not in a proper venue, thus i controlled my emotions. my blood was already boiling at that point and i felt like telling the pigs they're pussies for hiding behind that ugly blue uniform.

meanwhile, officer brownie was standing there looking like he's the sh!t while officer whitey was schooling me about the reasons they're pulling over people for speeding and that they're intent is to keep the roads safe. hello!!!!! officer pig, if you want to keep the roads safe, at least make an attempt to become visible. don't hide, otherwise that is considered speed trap, which in my opinion is set up for the sole purpose of generating more cash for the city instead of keeping the roads safe, which these pigs are trying to lead us to believe. put a light post even at least just one light post on that section of the road. there is also a difference between reckless driving and speeding, albeit i'm not saying that excessive speeding should be tolerated. common sense should have prevailed in that situation. i was not putting anybody's life in danger nor was i driving recklessly.

speeding tickets. it's a money making scheme. it is a multi-billion dollar cash coffer....hmmm it makes me want to choke the living sh!t out of these two pigs. now i have a court date soon, which means i'll have to juggle my schedule again. a big hassle for me. my only wish for tonight is for these two retards to choke on their jelly donut while they sit side-by-side comparing notes and tallying up the number of tickets they wrote tonight.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... congratulations for going 36 in a 25... ...it sounds right ridiculous, but, well... it's the law...

By the way, watch what you call the cops, some members don't take kindly to "pig" references.

Do they have a gun reading to prove your speed? And when you go back, it's best to take a picture of the sign, and try to find out if it's clearly lit at night... if it's not, then it's probably a money-making speed trap... that's what will probably make or break your case. It's usually easy to overturn minor tickets like that...
    Last edited by niky; September 23rd, 2006 at 05:28 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Everybody hates a cop until they need one....

Pigs? Pigs? when cops bust you, they are pigs.
    Last edited by tinky; September 23rd, 2006 at 06:14 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    You most likely went 36 in a residential/school zone. There is a reason for the speed limit and it is to prevent accidents especially involving young kids.

It may soothe your nerves to consider that at least you just got a ticket instead of having possibly hit a child. Tickets serve their purpose in reminding us to slow down and exercise caution to prevent accidents that no amount of after-the-fact remorse can undo.

BTW, speed limits are actually just maximum guidelines. It does not mean you can always do 65 mph in the interstate. During bad weather/traffic conditions, the speed limit can actually be much lower. I should know, I was once ticketed for going 45 on I-405. When I asked the officer, he explained that traffic was heavy and the flow was actually at about 25. So I was going 20 mph faster than the rest, thus, the ticket.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Much as we like to post how we beat the system like that thread about talking our way out of a speeding ticket, the law's still the law. If you're speeding, be prepared for the consequences if you're caught and own up to your offense.

If they pulled you over for going maybe 2-3 mph faster than the posted speed limit, then you may have a case. But, 25 mph is normally inside a residential area and is a zone particularly important to cops. 11 mph over? Even I won't go past 30 mph in a 25 mph zone.

Also, there's a lesson to be learned in having the registration and proof of insurance immediately handy. I keep mine in one of those plastic document holders that normally comes with the car. I make sure the important numbers and expiration dates show clearly.

One time, we got stopped at a checkpoint on the lookout for drunk college kids, one weekend. I immediately showed my stuff. The cop, seeing everything is neat, organized, and in order, let us go ahead of the other cars who came before us.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well... congratulations for going 36 in a 25... ...it sounds right ridiculous, but, well... it's the law...

By the way, watch what you call the cops, some members don't take kindly to "pig" references.

Do they have a gun reading to prove your speed? And when you go back, it's best to take a picture of the sign, and try to find out if it's clearly lit at night... if it's not, then it's probably a money-making speed trap... that's what will probably make or break your case. It's usually easy to overturn minor tickets like that...
    I agree. Here and in Nevada, we hold our cops in high esteem even though they'd bust us for speeding. In fact, one reason we chose this area are the number of cops who settled their families here (cops are allowed to bring their patrol cars home). If it's safe enough for them, it's safe enough for us. Of course, half the neighborhood being armed (with ex-GI's) helps too.

Also, the CHP (California Highway Patrol) had been more than kind to me in the past.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 23rd, 2006 at 10:51 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Maybe the cops were saying:

"A pig is overspeeding. Let's do our job and catch this pig."

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Just last Sunday morning on our way to church, I don't know what I was thinking that time (maybe I was day dreaming while driving hehehe) I ran a red light, as soon as I pass the white line, light turns red....smile you're on candid camera!!! the camera went flashing in front of me and probably on my rear too. What's funny though is that two days ago I was telling my wife not to run a red light here in our area, I told her that the penalty is quite steep. Road Signs are there for a reason. Consider ourselves lucky, overspeeding or running a red light and not be involve in an accident. Just think of it as a remainder that we have to abide by the rules and drive safely.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    You can contest the proof of insurance thing. You can also contest the entrapment thing. They might have quotas.

I do have friends in Daly City who had similar experiences with cops hiding in wait.

Bottom line, sign or no sign, let your the road conditions be your guide.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Their is no such thing as quotas. When a cop pulls you over, the first thing they are looking for is your attitude towards them. They did actually give a favor by lowering your fine, and residential neighborhood is a sore/sweet spot for the cops because its residential. Remember, law is the law. They don't make'em, they just implement them.
    Last edited by lakay; September 24th, 2006 at 05:28 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
got pulled over for doing 35 on a 25..