New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Not to rain on your parade but if the guy was going 80km/h which is the max speed limit as you say, then he wasn't doing anything wrong even though he is in the passing lane because he is traveling at the max allowable speed. When you pass other cars you are still not to exceed the max speed limit, hence the term max speed limit, you're supposed to be able to pass within the max speed allowed by the law. The passing lane was placed there so you can pass vehicles who are traveling less than the max speed limit, not the ones who are already traveling at the max speed limit. You are also not to assume that the because of better vehicle technology that it has been raised to 100+km/h unless it has been posted. Limits are set taking not just the vehicle ability into consideration but the road conditions and the driving ability of the drivers who travel on the road. If you'd have been in an accident while passing to the right then your argument wouldn't stand because the other car wasn't doing anything wrong as he was within the speed permitted by the law and you were not.

Edit: I'm presuming that you were traveling the SLEX since the initial post mentioned the SLEX and not NLEX. Also since you slowed to 70km/h then he most likely was traveling at 80km/h because you mentioned passing him at 100+km/h.

Edit: Please don't rationalize reckless driving and road rage by blaming other cars on the road as the roads were made for you to share with others. If you felt the other driver was being an ass then you could have been the better man and moved on rather than going down to his level and being a bigger one. Remember driving is a privilege not a right that was given to you.
    Last edited by redorange; May 24th, 2007 at 11:37 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think for passing, you can go beyond the speed limit. Provided that when you get back into the right lane, you're within the speed limit. Eh para saan pa ang passing kung lahat kayo eh doing 100kph so wala na makaka-overtake di ba?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    80 kph is soo slow in the passing lane. delikado baka mabangga ka pa sa likod ng speeding truck or bus.

120 is also slow din. I tried maintaining 120kph sa starex coz it's a van. I always get honked on by large SUV's and speeding buses and trucks.

even in a starex, average speed ko eh 130-135kph. the santa fe is really a speed demon I must admit bec. sobrang insulated sa loob. when you're driving * 120kph, hindi talaga nararamdaman ang wind resistance sa loob.

that's why siguro madami gusto humabol sa min, kahit hindi namin sinadsadya, plus some popular car owners are irked by the fact that we're only driving a Hyundai.

madami din talaga may ego problem sa expressway. last 2 weekends lang, a Nissan patrol chased me and flashed lights on me during daylight, I let him pass only to overtake him 3 mins. after. pilit na hinabol ako hanggang tollgate pero wala eh hindi CRDi ang car nya, and I was only driving a Starex.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Kaya nga ako whenever I am cruising to NLEX every weekend(northbound), I'm always looking at my rearview mirror pag nasa left lane ako, para di na kailangan i-flash ako, kase ako na ang kusang tatabi to the right lane.

I usually cruise at the speed of 90-95kph average and 100kph pag gusto ko umovertake. anyway my ride is getz 1.1 and di pwede masyado ihataw. at kahit pwede na ihataw, I will stick to my 90-95kph avarage.

OT: minsan, there was a corrola altis tailgaiting me, pero naka-bright(head light)sya kahit na nasa right lane na ako. grabe nakakasilaw, kaya napikon ako. so ang ginawa ko is pinauna ko sya then, nag-bright na rin ako para malaman nya na nakakasilaw ang ginawa nya.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    medyo swapang ako sa daan lalo na when i am at nlex, though my speed is normally 120 not lower than 100kph its the speed set by the govt, sometimes i go over a bit of 120 but not too much and i always stay on the passing lane.

my point is 100-120 is the max speed so if im cruising at that level, i see no reason why cars at the back off me will still need to overtake=p

though when i think there are no patrol or some roads are under construction i go way up than 120kph=p still on the passing lane

if you want just follow my lead hehehe

OT: sould have number 2 painted on my back so when the cars at my back sees it, he will know that im number 1 and his number 2 and thats it=)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Eh para saan pa ang passing kung lahat kayo eh doing 100kph so wala na makaka-overtake di ba?
    exactly. kung ang speed limit ay 100kph tapos lahat kayo ay 100kph, baket ka pa mag-oovertake?

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    pano kung you are alone and travelling 100kph san kayo pupuwesto. sa leftmost?
    i think what the guys are telling is the lefmost lane is for passing(priority rule if i may say).
    ngayon kung meron sa right side mo at meron din sa right side nya(and so on) travelling at 100kph sa leftmost is alright.
    kaya bahala na yung nasa likod mo kung lalagpas sya speed limit. as long as you are in a proper lane you will not irritate yung nasa likod mo.
    example for those people travelling 100-120kph and occupying the leftmost lane(even though clear yung right lane nila) dahil katwiran nila max na sila(gaya nung ugok na bus na kasabay ko dati), meron ambulance na tumatakbo sa passing lane over the 120kph. di pinagbigyan kagad nung bus. nung magbibigay na biglang umovertake sa kanan din yung ambulance. muntik na mabungo. palagay nyo mali yung ambulance? e kung nasa right lane na ba yung bus nung una pa lang de sana smooth straight line yung ambulance. kaya parang ang hirap yata intindihin yung kung max ka na, justifed to stay on the left lane kahit free yung the next right lane sayo.:sigh:
    Last edited by niwde11; May 24th, 2007 at 02:40 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I think for passing, you can go beyond the speed limit. Provided that when you get back into the right lane, you're within the speed limit. Eh para saan pa ang passing kung lahat kayo eh doing 100kph so wala na makaka-overtake di ba?
    I hope you don't do that in here cause I know you'll find out from CHP that your reasoning doesn't hold true and you also can't say you are just going with the flow of traffic. The max limit is just that and passing is not a reason to exceed the limit. Just because the max limit is 100 or 80 doesn't mean everyone is traveling at the max limit, there are still those going below the max speed limit and above the minimum speed limit. The passing lane was meant so you could pass the people traveling slower than max speed limit not those already traveling the legal max speed limit. If everyone was traveling 100km/h then there really is no need to be passing since you would be breaking the law because that means you are traveling faster than the maximum permitted speed.
    Last edited by redorange; May 24th, 2007 at 04:04 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    pano kung you are alone and travelling 100kph san kayo pupuwesto. sa leftmost?
    i think what the guys are telling is the lefmost lane is for passing(priority rule if i may say).
    ngayon kung meron sa right side mo at meron din sa right side nya(and so on) travelling at 100kph sa leftmost is alright.
    kaya bahala na yung nasa likod mo kung lalagpas sya speed limit. as long as you are in a proper lane you will not irritate yung nasa likod mo.
    example for those people travelling 100-120kph and occupying the leftmost lane(even though clear yung right lane nila) dahil katwiran nila max na sila(gaya nung ugok na bus na kasabay ko dati), meron ambulance na tumatakbo sa passing lane over the 120kph. di pinagbigyan kagad nung bus. nung magbibigay na biglang umovertake sa kanan din yung ambulance. muntik na mabungo. palagay nyo mali yung ambulance? e kung nasa right lane na ba yung bus nung una pa lang de sana smooth straight line yung ambulance. kaya parang ang hirap yata intindihin yung kung max ka na, justifed to stay on the left lane kahit free yung the next right lane sayo.:sigh:
    Your example would be valid except all drivers are supposed to let emergency vehicles pass without delay regardless of your speed. Now if the other cars in the right lane were traveling at 70 and you are traveling on the passing lane at 80 which is the limit, and another car behind you starts flashing his lights at you to pass because he wants to go 100 should you move? I'd say yes you could and let the guy kill himself if he wants to as he speeds pass you. Do you have to? No, because you are already at the legal limit and passing the slower traffic going 70. But to call the guy traveling within the legal limit a goon because he didn't want to let you pass so you could do 120, fill your ego, and have a superiority complex that's just the pot calling the kettle black.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Minsan lang ako mag NLEX or SLEX but I noticed na siguro mga frequent user
    na sila like kabisado na nila yung road condition esp sa SLEX - talagang sa
    shoulder na overtaking maneuvers kala ko baligtad na eh. Nakaka-tempt
    tuloy pero takot ako wala ka laban pag biglang nag-swerve yung nasa loob.

I noticed also walang nahuhuli ng swerving during those time. Tsk tsk ano yun
    nalalagyan dahil maraming gumagawa eh?

agree ako kay cutedoc, even 100km/hr lang ako hindi ako aalis sa inner lane.
    kung bus or trucks ang nasa likod ibang usapan pero the thing is i'm already
    at the max speed limit so no need to stay at the center or outside lane. if
    they want to go beyond the max allowable speed it's their free choice to use
    the right lane.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Expressway Goons