New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yesterday while cruising at 120, i had to slowdown to 70 as a lunatic won't get off the passing lane, i flashed several times, afterwhich, i honked (intervals of three) also but to no avail. I ran close to his ass at about a foot. Did the same, still, no response.

So, i had to overtake from the right. Then the assh*le went after me (as if!!!!). Obviously, his Toyota Corolla (about yr 2000 model) can't get near my SantaFe as i instantly zoomed to 160 then 180kmh while he seems to be stuck at 100. After that, i slowed down to my cruising speed of 120 again to save fuel.

So i did that, sort of sweeping the passing lane. Some few drivers know and easily goes to the right and i give them a single light honk to acknowledge their good driving manners.

Imagine, after passing all those slow running vehicles, i saw open road. The slow cars practically built a moving barricade. Good thing i was able to get out of it. I cruised at 160kmh thereafter and was able to get out of the expressway easily.

Now, this is what i don't understand, why are Filipinos sooo irritated when someone overtakes them. I don't get irritated when someone overtakes me. Sometimes, i race them for fun but i don't do gay stunts such as overtaking in the shoulder just to get ahead.

A ford lynx almost crashed into a trailer parked in SLEX shoulder last night because he got irritated when i passed him. I saw the tail of his car go up because of the heavy braking. Stupid fool almost caused problems to an innocent truck driver. I just hope he's alone when he learns his lesson of not overtaking in the shoulder.

What matters to me when i drive: The aircon is cool, my stomach is full, fuel is adequate, music is good, im staying on a single lane, i am not blocking anybody, i am not endangering anybody and nobody is endangering me, my mobilephone headset is connected, i'm feeling fine, the car feels fine. All the others are secondary.

SLEX and NLEX really need "sweepers". Travelling time is lengthened because of slow moving vehicles sleeping on the passing lane. I just hope someone from companies managing these roads thinks of this. A lot of time, fuel, business profits and opportunies are wasted everyday.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hay............... dami talagang ganyan sa Pilipinas... sa NLEX... hindi marunong magbasa na kalaki-laking "OVERTAKING ONLY".

Sa SLEX naman, there are some who won't move out of the overtaking lane but when traffic builds up, they use the shoulder lane.

Though some drivers do move out... there are some stubborn ones. Ikaw pa ang bubusinahan when you move to the right lane to overtake them. :lol:

The tip that I got from OTEP is use your left turn indicator to indicate that you want to overtake or pass them.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sama mo na rin ang coastal road....

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ang yabang naman ng naka-Toyota Corolla na yan, ano akala nya sa Sta. Fe natin Pajero. eat our dust sila pag hinabol tayo

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    may mga ibang drivers talaga na feeling nila mabilis ang sasakyan nila ... lalo na yung iba na may muffler upgrades na mas malakas pa ang ingay ng muffler (in decibels) kaysa sa HP ng engine

every weekend dumadaan ako ng NLEX. karamihan talaga nakababad sa overtaking lane at 60~80 kph, kaya mapipilitan kang mag overtake using the other lanes.

saka most of the time di ako lumalampas ng 100 kph (kahit rated top speed ng ride ko is 160 kph). minsan pag may mabagal sa overtaking lane at oovertake ako sa kabilang lane, bigla niyang bibilisan to 100 kph kaya parehas na kayong "nakaharang" sa highway. doon ako napipilitan na mag 110 kph, pero hanggang doon lang.

ayaw ko kc kumarera, gusto ko makarating ng maayos sa pupuntahan ko.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    well ive heard a lot saying na sa pinas mo lng daw makikita ang pinakamagaling at pinakaworst na driver sa kalye kaya nga lng mukhang nakararami ang mga worst driver lalo na sa super highways natin cguro its about time na dumaan talaga sa butas ng karayum for a person to get his/her driving license this for the benefit of the motorist d ba? kaya lng lam nyo nman ang gobyerno basta may pera ka pwede ka kumuha lisensya kahit pa bulag ka hehehehe till here mga katsikoteers ingat ingat eyes on the road not on yhe f*%#ng legs hehehehe..........

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kagabi lang nga... I was just driving at 100kph to save on gasoline pero halos lahat ng kotse na overtake ko pa din. Daming naka babad sa passing lane doing just 80kph.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    manhid na ako sa mga letseng yan

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    more often i do experience the same scenario whenever i drive at SLEX either going to the province or back to manila and i usually use the passing lane coz i would usually speed up to 100kph... i usually do this kasi alam ko nga ang passing lane ng hway ay para sa mga mabibilis, common sense nalang naman tsaka may signs naman to follow... dami lang talaga pasaway dito sa pinas...

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    marami talaga mga ganyang driver, kung hindi nang aasar lang, hindi talaga nakaka intindi ng passing lane, pero as much as possible wag kayo mag tail gate, psok ka na lang sa right side just see to it na clear yung lane kung wala talagang choice, kse baka makatagpo tayo ng maloko, mag brake at sumalpok ka, lalabas na kasalanan mo pa....napaka laking abala.. tama ang sabi nyo, LTO ang bagsak ng sisi dahil na aaprove ang license na ignorante sa trafffic signs, others dont even know how to drive. would you believe, may barkada ako driver ng passenger jeep byaheng proj. 2 & 3 to Kalaw but he doesn't know how to read and write, so ingat lang mga brods.....!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Expressway Goons