New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Both of you are goons in the Expressway. Doing 160 - 180 is breaking the law already. Besides our Expressway is not designed for those kinds of speeds. Mali kayong 2, Corolla for being stuck up sa passing lane, and for horsepower doing a 120 steady speed and 160-180 to zoom once in awhile (if I understood it right) on the expressway, unless you're going to overtake use the passing lane but do you really need to go 160?

Anyway both of you are endangering other motorists in the express way.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What's the max speed limit allowed at SLEX and NLEX anyways?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    The tip that I got from OTEP is use your left turn indicator to indicate that you want to overtake or pass them.
    This is effective. I first saw it on a video of a car in autobahn...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    100 but you can run up to 120kph w/o apprehension. (benefit of the doubt on various speedometer accuracies)

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I drive on the slex everyday, the road should be safe enough to drive up to 100-120kph.

I also hate it when a slow car its on the passing lane, they should let a faster vehicle pass, lalo na kung takbo nila below 80. Slow vehicles travelling below 60kph should be banned on both the SLEX (and NLEX) since yun rin naman yung usual minimum speed allowed.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    100kph sa nlex. enforced when going to manila. but on northbound vehicles the speed limit is not really enforced. you will see the nlex patrol cars most of the time instead.

sir hp easy lang. alam naman natin ang knowledge lang ng drivers in the phils. kaming mga taga probinsya, we dont really use the proper (headlight flashing) to attract the attention upfront. what we do is we just use our signal lights and go pass the other lane. yun naman ang norm sa atin diba? kaya nga fast cars sa nlex parang nag i-slalom, we go left and right and go weaving sa traffic hehehehe. anyway, i recommend you do the same next time. di pa iinit ulo mo.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The left turn signal seems to be a good idea, i'll do that next time.

///MPower: He chased me probably to block me again so i had to speed up. I don't know what his problem is but that's what made me think he's a lunatic. The 180 is an instantaneous burst, just a very short dip at the takeoff speed to getaway. It didn't even last 30seconds because after 10seconds or so, i'm far already so i went back to cruising mode.

papashe16:

I didn't mean to belittle the sedan - I am not that type of person. I do that to trucks and other way bigger vehicles.

I didn't intend to speed, i am sort of climbing up because i want to be in the open part of the pack where braking would be minimal. I am a bit uncomfortable when i'm enclosed so i always go for open space.

Doing 80, even outside the passing lane, is not fine (although not wrong because you are following the limit - it's a grey area) if everyone is going faster than that, you should follow the speed flow of vehicular "wave".

I honk to them to let them know that i am asking them politely to get off the passing lane because i need to pass. It's not my intention to irritate them because i won't waste my time doing that.

I honk because as much as possible, i do not want to overtake in the wrong lane because that would endanger me and other motorists.

A lot of people know that if you are being flashed, you change lane to the right. You don't need a driving school for that. It's a very basic driving knowledge you get when you take the driving licensure exams.

Froshie1: yeah, 180 is bad but i needed to getaway because he suddenly chased me.

redorange: 80 SLEX, 100 NLEX, but it was implemented around the time of ancient cars so i assume they think cars would have a hard time stopping at speeds higher than that.

Anyway, I follow it as much as possible.

Baker123: Sir snake driving naman po yun e. hehehe. Tama po kayo na mas madali syang gawin pero as much as possible sana, gusto ko yung derecho lang takbo ko para mas safe.

Pero mas gusto ko mag-drive sa probinsya. Mas madali kasama mga tao sa daan dahil may common sense. Dito sa MM sobrang stressful mag drive.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    very comfortable siguro siya sa left/passing lane kaya pagpasensyahan na
    lang, hindi siguro nya nalalaman ang ginagawa nya. but kung
    provincial bus ang tumutok sa kanya? even without a honk sigurado tatabi
    yan. malamang naliitan sa santa fe. hindi natakot eh katwiran ng
    mga ogag na ganyan eh "paliparin mo". la na pag-asa yang mga yan.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    obviously, dito lang sa thread na 'to makikita mo na more or less kung ano klase driver meron sa pinas......im just really amazed na ok lang pala na ilawan mo ng ilawan at bingihin mo sa kabubsina ang isang sasakyan na ayaw mag give way na wla kang idea kung ayw talga dahil bastos o hindi nakakaintindi smantalang pwede ka naman pumask sa kanan kung clear naman, which would you prefer to do if you're on the situation :

1. mag tail gate ka, ilawan mo ng ilawan, businahan mo ng businahan despite of the fact na nakikita at narrinig ka naman tapos oovertake ka din naman sa kanan pag di ka pinag bigyan, at mag 160 to 180 kph pag nakalusot ka, or

2. ilawan mo lang two times pag wlang response, overtake carefully on the right side, di mo naman kailangan mag 160 to 180 kph ka dahil mauuna ka talaga dahil mabagal yung isa.

remember po na ang sasakyan ay gamit lang ng tao, pag binaligtad po ninyo ang ibig sabhin nyan (tao gamit ng sasakyan), [SIZE=5][SIZE=3]AKSIDENTE [/SIZE] [/SIZE]po ang labas nyan.

wag po nyo masamain ito, paalala lang

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Patonten: Like I said in the story, eventually, i did what i don't want to do, I did overtake from the right then the lunatic chased me.

I endangered myself because that driver didn't get off the passing lane. People like that driver is the reason why snake driving is rampant in the expressways. If only those slow drivers would stick to their lane, then it would be a breeze to drive in our expressways.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Expressway Goons