The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xto View Post
    Minsan lang ako mag NLEX or SLEX but I noticed na siguro mga frequent user
    na sila like kabisado na nila yung road condition esp sa SLEX - talagang sa
    shoulder na overtaking maneuvers kala ko baligtad na eh. Nakaka-tempt
    tuloy pero takot ako wala ka laban pag biglang nag-swerve yung nasa loob.

I noticed also walang nahuhuli ng swerving during those time. Tsk tsk ano yun
    nalalagyan dahil maraming gumagawa eh?

agree ako kay cutedoc, even 100km/hr lang ako hindi ako aalis sa inner lane.
    kung bus or trucks ang nasa likod ibang usapan pero the thing is i'm already
    at the max speed limit so no need to stay at the center or outside lane. if
    they want to go beyond the max allowable speed it's their free choice to use
    the right lane.
    That's exactly my point you shouldn't have to move from the passing lane if you're already at the limit.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i let faster cars overtake me. its safer and i can marvel how slow my 4g13 is.

pero sa star tollway, walang speed limit *ata*. i just frown at cars driving at less than 60kph at the passing lane and there's another car is blocking the right side. minsan, nakita ko nag-uusap pa, bumusina and flashed my lights ako dahil cars are starting to form a line behind them. aba nagalit pa sa akin.

sabi nga ng tatay ko, yan yung mga di nag-aral sa driving school.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Patonten View Post
    obviously, dito lang sa thread na 'to makikita mo na more or less kung ano klase driver meron sa pinas......im just really amazed na ok lang pala na ilawan mo ng ilawan at bingihin mo sa kabubsina ang isang sasakyan na ayaw mag give way na wla kang idea kung ayw talga dahil bastos o hindi nakakaintindi smantalang pwede ka naman pumask sa kanan kung clear naman, which would you prefer to do if you're on the situation :

1. mag tail gate ka, ilawan mo ng ilawan, businahan mo ng businahan despite of the fact na nakikita at narrinig ka naman tapos oovertake ka din naman sa kanan pag di ka pinag bigyan, at mag 160 to 180 kph pag nakalusot ka, or

2. ilawan mo lang two times pag wlang response, overtake carefully on the right side, di mo naman kailangan mag 160 to 180 kph ka dahil mauuna ka talaga dahil mabagal yung isa.

remember po na ang sasakyan ay gamit lang ng tao, pag binaligtad po ninyo ang ibig sabhin nyan (tao gamit ng sasakyan), [SIZE=5][SIZE=3]AKSIDENTE [/SIZE] [/SIZE]po ang labas nyan.

wag po nyo masamain ito, paalala lang
    You are misreading the author's post. He has explained his intentions over and over again.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Not to rain on your parade but if the guy was going 80km/h which is the max speed limit as you say, then he wasn't doing anything wrong even though he is in the passing lane because he is traveling at the max allowable speed. When you pass other cars you are still not to exceed the max speed limit, hence the term max speed limit, you're supposed to be able to pass within the max speed allowed by the law. The passing lane was placed there so you can pass vehicles who are traveling less than the max speed limit, not the ones who are already traveling at the max speed limit. You are also not to assume that the because of better vehicle technology that it has been raised to 100+km/h unless it has been posted. Limits are set taking not just the vehicle ability into consideration but the road conditions and the driving ability of the drivers who travel on the road. If you'd have been in an accident while passing to the right then your argument wouldn't stand because the other car wasn't doing anything wrong as he was within the speed permitted by the law and you were not.

Edit: I'm presuming that you were traveling the SLEX since the initial post mentioned the SLEX and not NLEX. Also since you slowed to 70km/h then he most likely was traveling at 80km/h because you mentioned passing him at 100+km/h.

Edit: Please don't rationalize reckless driving and road rage by blaming other cars on the road as the roads were made for you to share with others. If you felt the other driver was being an ass then you could have been the better man and moved on rather than going down to his level and being a bigger one. Remember driving is a privilege not a right that was given to you.
    It's called a passing lane and not maximum speed lane for a reason.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    We also need to consider that not all spedometers are calibrated properly.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Redorange: first off, i am not parading or anything. I'm just ranting. First, because of the slow car who wouldn't get off from the passing lane then would suddenly chase you if you get ahead and the cars who overtake on the shoulder.

If you think i am the goon then i'll leave it at that.

Slow car wasn't doing 80, probably 70 or less because if he's doing 80, then i wouldn't have bugged him because i know that it's the limit, i would've ran 80 also because doing 70 will make me trail behind. If am running at 120 and someone wants to go 150kmh, i'll get off the passing lane to let him pass. I have no problem with other people wanting to go faster so long as they do it correctly.

I know that sounds like an oxymoron but for me, speeding is not bad as it is. Careless speeding is.

Also, this is not some sort of ego problem, superiority complex or whatever. Like i said, im not the type who'll suddenly chase you like a maniac if you overtake me. I just like to cruise in the open part of the road at my optimal speed 5th Gear *2000rpm, that's all. If I am some speedster, i'd drive an exotic Italian supercar at 400kmh+.

If i choose to cruise at 120 (which is very slow btw), that's because i know i can handle such speed and the road + traffic conditions permits so. I've driven 200kmh+ without any other vehicle in sight and it's not much different.

You must be imagining American style of 12-car+ pile-ups or something so I understand as it is very common there.

IIRC, you're some sort of traffic enforcer or something there in US so i understand your peeve about sticking to the speed limit.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    It's called a passing lane and not maximum speed lane for a reason.
    redorange's point is that the guy doing for say 80kph (while you are doing 100kph) to pass other vehicles doing 70kph has a valid right to use the passing lane because he is overtaking.

I encounter this a lot nowadays since some portion of the NLEX is close for drainage improvement. I just flash them twice to indicate that I want to pass them but I still permit them to pass other slower vehicles. Many of them go back to the slower lane once they passed.

Note:

In the NLEX, most provincial buses travel at 120kph if the passing lane is empty of pesky lane huggers. I am quite content most of the time to hang behind them and take advantage of the less wind drag.

What's surprising is that the outer lanes (since there are four of them) are not utilized properly by slower moving vehicles. In some cases, the outermost lane is empty save for one or two vehicles doing the minimum speed.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Not to rain on your parade but if the guy was going 80km/h which is the max speed limit as you say, then he wasn't doing anything wrong even though he is in the passing lane because he is traveling at the max allowable speed.
    Kind of. You're not forbidden to travel in the passing lane as long as you yield to overtaking traffic. It's also good etiquette (more so than legality) to use the passing lane only for passing.

When you pass other cars you are still not to exceed the max speed limit
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I think for passing, you can go beyond the speed limit. Provided that when you get back into the right lane, you're within the speed limit. Eh para saan pa ang passing kung lahat kayo eh doing 100kph so wala na makaka-overtake di ba?
    Think about it. If you have to break the limit to pass someone, you don't need to pass them (assuming you are trying to go as fast as the law will allow and no faster).

Please don't rationalize reckless driving and road rage by blaming other cars on the road as the roads were made for you to share with others. If you felt the other driver was being an ass then you could have been the better man and moved on rather than going down to his level and being a bigger one. Remember driving is a privilege not a right that was given to you.
    This is exactly what I was trying to say. It's one thing to call someone a lunatic or whatever. Sinking to their level by essentially racing them makes you no better than the other guy

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ///MPower: let me get this straight, I did NOT race the slow car. I just sped off to get away because i don't know what his intentions are for chasing me. I don't race compact cars because i think it is lame to race cars of lower displacement. Im a 2.2L diesel and that's a 1.6L petrol. Obviously, he will lose.

if someone suddenly chases you, wouldn't it be stupid to do nothing not knowing what the other party is planning to do?

I don't know what's hard to comprehend in this thread that certains points are repeated over and over again.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    if someone suddenly chases you, wouldn't it be stupid to do nothing not knowing what the other party is planning to do?
    Uh. No. I'd race them because I'm young and reckless. But then I don't turn around and call them a-holes. I recognize the fact that I'm pretty irresponsible.

I just don't buy that you were innocently overtaking him. How can someone chase after you unless you were passing them at significant speed. Otherwise, he would have matched your speed (another thing I like to do because of my lack of self-control) until he could no longer keep with you.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have sped (I do all the time), I'm saying that calling him an a-hole for doing the same as you (at a lesser speed, according to you) is more than a little hypocritical.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Expressway Goons