New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think the U turn system is just a bandaid solution for people who do not obey traffic lights. The more bandaids you put, the uglier it gets. Not all "wounds" needs bandaids too, like the one in Libis.

Just my opinion.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Partly effective, and not... but we can't blame MMDA at all..

1. Yung mga jeepney ginagawa syang left turn instead of U-turn causing more traffic...
    2. Yung iba hindi marunong mag manuever para maging easy ang pag u-turn nila...
    3. Ayaw magbigayan...gusto laging mauna sa iba..
    4. Counterflow in U-turn...

in the part of MMDA...

1. Please use relectorize paint to avoid accidents at night... yung pink nyo eh hindi kita... yung mga paint na gamit nyo kita lang pag malapit ka na,,, pati nga yung ibang street signs di n a=na reflect sa head lights... I dont know kung pinagbawala na yun ...pero dito sa ibang bansa reflectorize pa rin..
    2. Awareness..Instead na mukha nyong dalawa ni arroyo ang nasa mga billboard at ibang commercial sa TV, at least turuan nyo ang mga tao ng proper use ng U-turn... Just like the Yosi kadiri campaign dati...I think its effective... kasi hangang ngayon tanda ko pa sya...
    3. Stop all the kotong... ang make sure that no one is above the law... Kahit na "8" ang plate nya.. hulihin nyo...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    the main problem with the U-Turn system? it's placed in the middle of the road, where the fast lane is, thus causing accidents especially to the drivers who are not familiar of the manila style of driving.

the mmda is planning to put up elevated u-turn slots, like mini flyovers, wherein the entrance for the u-turn is on the righmost lane. thailand has this system in place in some of their roads.

and bf's gonna implement this on the c5-kalayaan junction. the plan has already been approved, and to be started end of 2007 or early next year.

This is good. Huwag lang mata-traffic sa itaas at ibaba ng mini-flyovers dahil may nagsasakay at nagbababa ng pasahero....

Masyado kasing magagaling ang ilan sa ating mga mahal na kababayan...

3909:trampoline:
    Last edited by CVT; September 24th, 2007 at 07:00 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yup, my main complaint also is hindi reflectorized yung paint ng mga concrete barriers, Mahirap makita sa gabi. Ang problema pa, there are certain streets and highways in QC na busted yung streetlamps (certain stretches of Commonwealth & Quezon Avenues).

For certain areas effective, like in Commonwealth. Pero parang mas matrapik nung inimplement nila sa Quezon Ave.

Nung sinara nila yung intersection sa Mindanao Ave. (sa may Proj. 6/Pag-asa), malaking tulong din. I pass by this area everyday for the past 1.5 years, and I can attest that it has made traffic flow a lot easier

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Yup, my main complaint also is hindi reflectorized yung paint ng mga concrete barriers, Mahirap makita sa gabi. Ang problema pa, there are certain streets and highways in QC na busted yung streetlamps (certain stretches of Commonwealth & Quezon Avenues).

For certain areas effective, like in Commonwealth. Pero parang mas matrapik nung inimplement nila sa Quezon Ave.

Nung sinara nila yung intersection sa Mindanao Ave. (sa may Proj. 6/Pag-asa), malaking tulong din. I pass by this area everyday for the past 1.5 years, and I can attest that it has made traffic flow a lot easier
    Tama ka sir,,,, sana na-audit nila kung effective ang location... kasi minsan talagang parang kabute,,,, sumu-sulpot na lang bigla......

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ I agree kapatid

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Laking tulong ng Uturn slot sa C5. From Kalayaan to Libis,kaya mo ng kunin ng 5-10 mins sa gabi. Though kailangan talaga langyan ng flyover ang kalayaan C5 para wala ng intersection, babagal ng mga truck sa umaga, matagal nga yung green light, wala rin nakakalusot dahil sa dami ng truck.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    its a stupid idea, utterly waste of taxpayers money...

Sir,

magkano po commission niyo diyan?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I pass C-5 Libis almost every night and I prefer the closing of the U-turn slots in the Libis area (as was done in the past month) as it frees up the traffic flow for majority of the vehicles going to Marikina, Q.C. and Cainta. Those that were affected are mainly the ones going to Greenmeadows and Eastwood but the traffic flow from the Ortigas flyover to Eastwood has improved vastly so the time to make a u-turn at the end isnt much of a hassle.

I agree, they should install flood lighting and make use of flourescent paint (reflectors get stolen) in the U-turn slots for the safety of motorists... and please install more pedestrian overpasses on roads where the U-turn slots are implemented.
    Last edited by vinj; September 24th, 2007 at 09:31 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i am for the current u-turn system in libis. i pick my girlfriend up everyday at eastwood from commonwealth qc and traverse the whole stretch of libis. traffic is much faster now and honestly, i dont mind the extra few minutes since tuloy tuloy ang flow. dati kasi u-turn ako before eastwood and swerve dangerously to the back way of eastwood (yung may police station)

however, i have some friends complain that during rush hour, both u-turn slots get clogged because of the volume of vehicles going to marikina and ortigas extension..worse in the ortigas extension u-turn.

maybe a u-turn somewhere in the middle (jollibee intersection) can solve the clogging of both ends
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Bayani's U turn system: Do you agree with it?