New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by carisma View Post
    This is exactly the example I gave. The LIBIS one is such a pain
    Oops sorry forgot to look up. Ya, sobrang hassle to, ok lang sana if there are too many lights, kaso konti lang. Plus mga bopols na jeepney lagi nakakabangga jan. Pano habang nagu-uturn nagsusukli.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Yung dati na mga u-turn slots ok pa, pero with the new implementation (after GMA was stuck in traffic going to eastwood), medyo sobra na. My daily drive is from south going to eastwood so I just have to bear with the northbound traffic from ortigas onwards. I pity those who come from the north and have to go somewhere in eastwood, ang haba ng travel!

over-all yung u-turn system ng mmda ay para sa akin... hindi sya ganun kaeffective in terms of easing the traffic... karamihan sa mga u-turns including yung nasalibis, instead na mapagaan ang trafic nilayo lang nila yung iikotan ng mga motorista pero matraffic pa din... yung ibang u-turn slots naman delikadoa ng pagkakalagay at kulang ng mga warning signs.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    The U-turn system is definitely a pain in Libis.

Otherwise, I think it's generally been successful. Look at the entire stretch of Quezon Ave - traffic has eased considerably since it was implemented.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    The U-turn system relieves bottlenecks at the expense of safety. I don't think there are other places in the world where swerving is actually encouraged. Ok, maybe they don't really encourage it because they'll still cite people for this violation, but how else can you negotiate these U-turn slots if you don't master the "art" of swerving?

And don't even start with how many times those concrete barriers/dividers have caused accidents.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ung u-turn sa may UP-Commonwealth maraming nababangga sa concrete barrier...

siguro kung malawak ung daan ok ang u-turn hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The implementation of the U-turn system along mindanao ave esp.(closing of the last intersection approaching north ave) is such a relief. Biruin mo, nung dating open pa intersection dito, pag rush hour sa gabi galing north ave papunta congre bound road, aabutin ka 30mins sa intersection lang na ito.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    The U-turns aim to emulate the circles or rotonda to effectively eliminate traffic lights and intersections. However, ours are flawed because of the following reasons:

1. Anyone can stop on the side of this imaginary circle or rotonda (this should not be allowed)
    2. The pair of U turns are made close to each other (actually close to the intersection). This should not be the case since it does not give time and space for the drivers to occupy the lanes that they intend to, for their actions.
    3. Main roads are not designed for U-turns. They're narrow, resulting to unnecessary congestion....

3909:trampoline:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oks yang ganyang mga improvement para sa ating lahat ang di lang oks dyan ay siguradong meron na namang kurakutan dyan sa project na yan at yung mga binayad nating tax ang madadale

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    the main problem with the U-Turn system? it's placed in the middle of the road, where the fast lane is, thus causing accidents especially to the drivers who are not familiar of the manila style of driving.

the mmda is planning to put up elevated u-turn slots, like mini flyovers, wherein the entrance for the u-turn is on the righmost lane. thailand has this system in place in some of their roads.

and bf's gonna implement this on the c5-kalayaan junction. the plan has already been approved, and to be started end of 2007 or early next year.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Bayani's U turn system: Do you agree with it?