New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    .. i'm actually not surprised that the initial reaction of people is to think that the reaction of bumping cars during a carjacking is to save the car .. i don't know how many carjacking victims are there who actually responded .. or perhaps it's just me .. but when i was being carjacked .. my first thought was .. i'm going to die ..

how about this scenario .. given the current situation .. you're in traffic .. you get rearended .. (i doubt how much damage it can do since you were in traffic) .. you go out .. you check the car who bumped you .. you have this guy apologizing at you and thanking you all at the same time .. you find out that his life was being threatened .. and this action of bumping your car .. and for this person .. it felt like it saved his life .. would your reaction be .. "pare, f* you .. tinamaan mo auto ko" .. or .. "pare, buti ligtas ka" ..

i wonder kung ano reaction nung nabangga ng kaibigan ng unang poster ..
    Again, with no intention of confronting your stand, my point simply is, if the carnappers have a gun and is already pointed at you, then just calmly alight from the vehicle and give it up. Even a Porsche is definitely not worth a limb, or worse, a life.

Now, if they're merely threatening you and your quick assesment tells you that they're merely trying to intimidate you, then you can take the risks and do what you have to do: i.e. honk like you've never honked before, or press the alarm, BUT PLEASE do not make another mistake of bumping the other vehicle(s) around you.

What if bumaba yung other driver at siya pa ang napagdiskitahan, sasakyan n'ya yung pinasok or worse, siyas sinaktan? You can never tell what these hooligans' minds are up to.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    well .. i just hope you guys never get victimized ..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    .. i met this guy who was also a victim of a carjacking incident .. what happened was someting similar .. it was inside a village .. (i think BF Pque) .. nung hinarang siya ng mga carjackers driving an FX .. binangga niya pader ng isang bahay .. because of the noise may mga lumabas mga may bahay .. sinagaw ng mga carjackers .. "mga pulis kami, carnapper ito" .. eh nagkataon may mga nakakilala doon sa guy dahil sa liga ng basketball .. pinagbabato yung mga carjacker hanggang tumakas sila ..
    hahaha. sa amin mrpink may nahuling nangungupit ng damit sa sampayan (hindi siya taga-amin). nang magkabukuhan, pinilit isuot ang damit. e hindi kasya sa kanya. huli ang mokong. ayun ginulpe ng sambayanan. ubos siya. swift justice altho mob rule ang kinalabasan. ewan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    eto nangyari lang sa panaginip ko. May humarang daw sa amin tapos babarilin na kami. Sa takot ko hindi ko alam gagawin habang nagdrive. Nagtakip nalang ako ng mukha pero i was still able to drive. Nakakatakot siguro talaga ang experience na ganun. Sa panaginip palang nagpapanic na ako hehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie
    eto nangyari lang sa panaginip ko. May humarang daw sa amin tapos babarilin na kami. Sa takot ko hindi ko alam gagawin habang nagdrive. Nagtakip nalang ako ng mukha pero i was still able to drive. Nakakatakot siguro talaga ang experience na ganun. Sa panaginip palang nagpapanic na ako hehe
    Bro, wag na wag kang magpapanic, baka mabangga ka at mahulog sa kama.

Dika ka nga nabaril, may bukel ka naman.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie

Sir Quicksie pag nabangga ka meron ka naman air bag eh (yung unan!)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta
    katakot naman yan. parang ayaw ko na magdrive. Kaya gusto ko n tinted ride ko eh... girl pa naman ako..

nakakatakot talaga, kaya nga ako kino-consider ko na bumili ng 2nd hand exped na may dummy ham radio antenna. sigurado magdadalwa isip ang carjacker na pag-tripan ka at ma-save buhay mo, yun nga lang papatayin
    ka naman kababayad sa gasolina

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon21
    Again, with no intention of confronting your stand, my point simply is, if the carnappers have a gun and is already pointed at you, then just calmly alight from the vehicle and give it up. Even a Porsche is definitely not worth a limb, or worse, a life.

it's that reasoning kumbakit lumalakas ang loob ng mga carjackers eh, syempre mas mabuti pa din yun unpredictable ang reaction ng would-be victims. mayroon pa din 20% chance na mag-go the other way yun fate, although the chances are really slim.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    it's that reasoning kumbakit lumalakas ang loob ng mga carjackers eh, syempre mas mabuti pa din yun unpredictable ang reaction ng would-be victims. mayroon pa din 20% chance na mag-go the other way yun fate, although the chances are really slim.
    I have a nine-month old daughter, I'll pass up that chance, I can still buy another car if i'm still alive. 20% is way too small. Baka nung binata ako, I could "stupidly" take that chance.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
almost got carnapped...