New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    http://www.themustangnews.com/carnews/st-1106-steel.htm

Gosh!!!

They tought they were the one who did it first!!!

I have done it since 2002!..

And it is priced at $100K just for the body!

I have done 4 examples already, I am a rich man, well, only in my dreams.

It is nice to know that I beat them to it. Although they don't know it yet.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    wow the resemblence is uncanny!

yours is same quality if not better i suppose. so why not use this as an opportunity to market outside. use the internet as an example.

from the article though the art has been there for a long time in the west i see. so technically it is their art translated into a new model vision. it is not necessarily indeginous to here i take it?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Notice the front end. There are no driving lights in the lower bumpers and the in the vicinity of the light bezel. An if you see the front end corners, they lack the roundness of the true Eleanor. Mine is has round corners and with driving lights!..

Good feeling that I beat them to it. Anyway they don't have Vette suspension and QUAD Turbos. Mine has!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir turbo, much even better that you should send an article sa Car Craft Magazine for those works of yours.

I am just wondering....kaya ba ng latero mo ng bodyworks na no bondo/filler pero swabe/makinis pa rin? I am restoring a starlet kasi and I'd like some good hands to work on some imperfections...from a previous latero.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Kaya ayusin, pero dami pa akong tatapusin na personal car ko.

Dapat kasi matapos ko na. Panay na lang umpisa ang nangyayari, yung sa mga pinapagawa sa akin mga tapos na.

Marami namang mahusay pa. Baka si Midinite pwede.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    http://www.themustangnews.com/carnews/st-1106-steel.htm

Gosh!!!

They tought they were the one who did it first!!!

I have done it since 2002!..

And it is priced at $100K just for the body!

I have done 4 examples already, I am a rich man, well, only in my dreams.

It is nice to know that I beat them to it. Although they don't know it yet.
    Iba kasi talaga yong may marketing arm, and geared fully for business. Tapos may branch pa sila sa Texas. Kaya dali nilang na-recognize. Baka pag mabalitaan ka nila sir turbo, at makita workmanship mo, malamang dayuhin ka dyan sa Bulacan.

OT: SEMA? I think that's the same event where Chip Foose and the rest of the Overhaulin' team restored a 67(?) Charger during the whole event, for all the spectators to see. Though, damn that kid, he's owns the Charger and he doesn't know what Overhaulin' does

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    So turbo...when will we see that eleanor of yours terrorizing the streets. From your description it really sounds kargado. and a mean machine.

And will you keep that car for a while when it is done? For keeps ba?

Btw, the one you mentioned in the other eleanor in the Carshow that belongs to the Victory liner scion - Now would that be your metal work or a kit from the U.S. if it is a kit is it metal or fiberglass? what did you recommend they use?
    Last edited by midinite; November 17th, 2006 at 12:34 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    For my personal Eleanor, I am now finalizing the installation of the C4 Corvette rear end. The that may be done by the end of the month. It is really a delicate matter coz I have to double, even triple check measurements before full weld. Plus as I told you before, the conversion is not for the weak of heart nor for the purist since it involves a lot of cutting(using reciprocal saw, not torch) the floor pan and fender wells. It is now intalled and look very impressive. Try surfing the net, no one in the world has ever done it. Philippines first again?! Maybe.

After which I am going to set up the 4 turbos and 2 intercoolers up front. That will take about 2 months as everything is custom fabrication. I will isolate the oil system of the turbos from the engine by fabricating an oil tank, oil cooler, oil pump and oil lines dedicated to them. Let us see if it works?? Hehehe, palakasan lang ng loob yon.

I recon it will take another year as I am in no hurry and when the cash side of it permits me to continue.

Is it for sale? Maybe?

The Eleanor of Gatchalian will be ready in about a month. While the other with 460, in two months.

The owner of the Eleanor that was in the show opted for the fiberglass because he did not know me when he bought the kit($6000). And I suppose he really wants the fiberglass, until maybe when he sees the article. Hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    OT: sorry to bother you guys but please check out my poll on whether Tsikot needs a sub-section dedicated to thes old rides.

now back to your regularly scheduled program.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post

The owner of the Eleanor that was in the show opted for the fiberglass because he did not know me when he bought the kit($6000). And I suppose he really wants the fiberglass, until maybe when he sees the article. Hehehe.
    *turbo

how much will it cost to fabricate (in metal) the correct parts (front grille, hood, side scoops, rear end, etc) for a '67 Mustang Shelby GTxxx. Btw, are you the one doing this?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Philppine ELEANOR