New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sir explorer, hope you don't mind if i plagiarize and correct your magnum opus just a little:

Ford - ford, volvo, mazda, land rover, lincoln, mercury, aston martin, jaguar

Toyota - toyota, lexus, hino, daihatsu (scion)

GM - buick, cadillac, chevrolet, gmc, oldsmobile, opel, vauxhall, pontiac, saab, saturn, (i don't think so:isuzu), (nope: suzuki), daewoo, (nope:subaru), (holden)

DaimlerChrysler - chrysler, mercedes-benz, jeep, mcc (what's this?), dodge, (they just sold their share:mitsubishi), (smart)

Honda - honda, acura

Renault - renault, nissan, infiniti

PSA - peugeot, citroen

Proton - proton, lotus (lotus really? ok a.)

Volkswagen - volkswagen, audi, lamborghini, bentley, seat, skoda, (bugatti)

BMW - bmw, (this is a tuner:alpina), (rolls-royce), mini

Fiat - fiat, alfa romeo, ferrari, lancia, maserati

Hyundai - hyundai, kia

Some Chinese guys - MG, Rover cars

Who owns Ssangyong? (Ssangyong? Who cares? )

The Independents:
    Porsche, TVR, Marcos, Pagani, Panoz, Noble, Koenigsegg, (is Vector still alive?).

Don't forget Sarao, Nexus, and my personal favorite: Chery !

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828
    Rover and MG is i think owned by a consortium of british buisnessmen.
    Mahirap talaga maging up to date, nakaka-lito ...

MG Rover had collapsed last year. Nanjing Automobile of China bought the rights to use the MG brand. The rights to the Rover brand is still owned by BMW, although Ford would be given first refusal to buy the marque under an agreement entered into when Ford acquired Land Rover from BMW in 2000.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    Sir explorer, hope you don't mind if i plagiarize and correct your magnum opus just a little:

Ford - ford, volvo, mazda, land rover, lincoln, mercury, aston martin, jaguar

Toyota - toyota, lexus, hino, daihatsu (scion)

GM - buick, cadillac, chevrolet, gmc, oldsmobile, opel, vauxhall, pontiac, saab, saturn, (i don't think so:isuzu), (nope: suzuki), daewoo, (nope:subaru), (holden)

DaimlerChrysler - chrysler, mercedes-benz, jeep, mcc (what's this?), dodge, (they just sold their share:mitsubishi), (smart)

Honda - honda, acura

Renault - renault, nissan, infiniti

PSA - peugeot, citroen

Proton - proton, lotus (lotus really? ok a.)

Volkswagen - volkswagen, audi, lamborghini, bentley, seat, skoda, (bugatti)

BMW - bmw, (this is a tuner:alpina), (rolls-royce), mini

Fiat - fiat, alfa romeo, ferrari, lancia, maserati

Hyundai - hyundai, kia

Some Chinese guys - MG, Rover cars

Who owns Ssangyong? (Ssangyong? Who cares? )

The Independents:
    Porsche, TVR, Marcos, Pagani, Panoz, Noble, Koenigsegg, (is Vector still alive?).

Don't forget Sarao, Nexus, and my personal favorite: Chery !

about isuzu and suzuki...read again my post just today. the 'controlling' ownership of the two brands mentioned may not be that of GM's but GM own a big share of those two brands.

btw, those info i posted 2.5 years ago was taken from a printed free (not free now) monthly news mag Automotive News International (which has now an internet site: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage) That auto industry news mag has the last pages showing the update on global industry data and listed the brands according to which mother company a brand/division belongs. So could I dispute what one of the most authoritarian auto industry mag was claiming? 2.5 years have past and there might be some changes in the ownership of some of the brands or division. one best example is the mini which was owned by Rover MG but is now owned by BMW and MG Rover is now owned by a chinese company.
    Last edited by explorer; March 7th, 2006 at 07:18 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Also, VW doesn't own Rolls Royce.

It was a murky deal with BMW and VW regarding Rolls Royce's (the big company also making airplane engines) sale of the car-making unit and brand. If I'm not mistaken, only the Bentley brand went to VW.
    afaik, VW used to own Rolls Royce until BMW bought it in Jan. 1, 2003:

http://www.bmwgroup.com/bmwgroup_pro...home/home.html

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited has been part of the BMW Group since January 1, 2003.

Rolls-Royce is one of the most fascinating and well-known brands in the world, the luxury motor car par excellence. For over 100 years, motor cars of the Rolls-Royce brand have stood for truly outstanding engineering, quality and reliability.

Discover Rolls-Royce Motor Cars online.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Thread started...
    Last edited by the_wildthing; March 7th, 2006 at 09:23 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nahilo ako sa pagbabasa nito ah. Hindi ata klaro kung sino talaga ang may-ari ng ferrari.........

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Fiat S.p.A. owns 100% of Fiat Auto, 100% of Maserati and 56% of Ferrari. I would assume the 44% is owned by private individuals including the Ferarri estate or surviving heir. (Sorry, not familiar with Italy's succession laws.)

http://www.fiatgroup.com/main.php?w=...te%20structure

Lancia was absorbed in 1969. Alfa Romeo was purchased in 1986.
    Last edited by the_wildthing; March 7th, 2006 at 09:21 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    di ba #2 na toyota. na-de-throne na nya ang ford. next target na nila ang GM. in 2-3 years time sigurado na siguro yan.

TVR - owned by a russian guy. AFAIK, bata pa me ari na marami lang talaga pera. car enthusiast kaya binili nya TVR. yung sagaris under na ng company nya yung design and production (kaya ata panget). napanood ko lang to sa top gear.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Fiat S.p.A. owns 100% of Fiat Auto, 100% of Maserati and 56% of Ferrari. I would assume the 44% is owned by private individuals including the Ferarri estate or surviving heir. (Sorry, not familiar with Italy's succession laws.)

http://www.fiatgroup.com/main.php?w=...te%20structure

Lancia was absorbed in 1969. Alfa Romeo was purchased in 1986.
    Yup... for others, though, take note, Fiat S.P.A. is not Fiat Auto... thus Fiat Auto has absolutely no control over Ferrari operations.

Fiat S.P.A. has recently moved Maserati from under Ferrari control back to Fiat Auto in some weird juggling move. The next models to come from Maserati will be upmarket versions of Alfa Romeos.

BTW, fun fact. BMW used to own Rover of MG-Rover, and they split the Land Rover line off the Rover marque and kept it for themselves. After they sold Land Rover to Ford, Ford was speculating on whether or not to buy the Rover name from the defunct MG-Rover to keep it from being used for competitors for Land Rover.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
car brands: who owns who?