New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 186 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    That comment about the Explorer 2.0 EcoBoost came from Motor Trend, a sportscar/enthusiasts magazine in the US.
    They might find its 9.2 sec 0-60mph acceleration time slow, but thats faster than majority of the diesel SUVs sold here.
    The Explorer's 2.0 EcoBoost was tuned for fuel efficiency, not high speed.

You want to know how the 1.0 EcoBoost performs? Here's a test of the larger Ford Focus with the 1.0 EcoBoost engine.
    Take note, the EcoSport is basically a jacked-up crossover-SUV version of the B-segment Fiesta.
    No, i was not referring to that review at all. i rely more on the review done by tsikot members who have driven the ecoboost explorer in the US.

funny how you come so fast to the defense. SA ka ng ford? don't worry i'm planning to buy a ford explorer, nagpapalipas lang ako ng 1st 1-2 years to see kung ano lalabas na mga sira nyan and for them to fix it before i get one. just like my previous vehicles di ako nakikisabay sa excitement. parang sa sine, nanonuod lang ako pag tapos na manuod ang mga bading!

i was just trying to tone down the hype being made on something that is only seen in pictures and not in the flesh. and just like sa sine, di pa nga nagpre-preview naghihiyawan na mga bading!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    No, i was not referring to that review at all. i rely more on the review done by tsikot members who have driven the ecoboost explorer in the US.

funny how you come so fast to the defense. SA ka ng ford? don't worry i'm planning to buy a ford explorer
    No i'm not an SA of Ford so I don't mind if you end up buying a faster SUV like a new Durango with a Hemi.

I wouldn't be surprised if those who tested the Explorer 2.0 EcoBoost drove cars which were quicker than an SUV that weighs over 2 tons.
    Obviously the V6 Limited 4WD model is quicker even if its heavier (based on tests, its nearly a second quicker to 60mph) than the FWD 2.0 EcoBoost model which is tuned for better fuel efficiency and not speed.

Back to topic: Unlike the Explorer, the changes to the EcoSport from the Fiesta is less extensive. This also explains why the weight increase over the Fiesta is not as big.
    I posted the test of the larger 2012 Focus 1.0 EcoBoost because the EcoSport's performance should be close to that.

For those who prefer displacement over smaller turbocharged engines, Ford might offer NA engines like the 1.6 Ti-VCT of the Fiesta in the ASEAN EcoSport.
    Last edited by AG4; April 7th, 2012 at 06:51 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'll still wait for a test drive before joining the hype.

mas maganda pa siguro kung yung 1.6L engine ng fiesta ilagay nila. we all know it is not the horsepower that counts (for who drives his car at 6500 rpm anyway!) but the torque. honda fanboys lang naman mahilig mag-quote ng horsepower ekek.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    i'll still wait for a test drive before joining the hype.

mas maganda pa siguro kung yung 1.6L engine ng fiesta ilagay nila. we all know it is not the horsepower that counts (for who drives his car at 6500 rpm anyway!) but the torque. honda fanboys lang naman mahilig mag-quote ng horsepower ekek.
    The advantage of modern turbocharged engines, is the peak torque is not only high, but it also comes in at a very low rpm, unlike non-turbo engines.

Advantage of naturally aspirated engines? Probably lower maintenance since it has less parts.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Production version of the 2013 EcoSport

EcoSport Testing: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMcNxkV69iU]Ford EcoSport (Gen. 2) Testing - YouTube[/ame]

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Found a longer version of the video I posted earlier, but its in Portuguese (Ford Brazil) and there are no subtitles.
    Novo EcoSport 2013 - Todos os detalhes - YouTube

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I assume it's bigger than the Jimny?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    I assume it's bigger than the Jimny?
    Yes, its bigger since its a 5-door 5-seater (about 20+ inches longer and 5+ inches wider), its roughtly the same size as a Kia Soul, but rides higher.
    Its got a 200mm ground clearance and a 550mm water wading capability.

Jimny

EcoSport
    Last edited by AG4; April 29th, 2012 at 03:56 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    ang ganda ng car na to..mas ok sa mga lugar na palagi binabaha..kailan kaya ang dating nito sa Pinas? I am planning to trade-in my Ford Fiesta Sport just incase dumating ang Eco-sport sa Pinas..hehe

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    very interesting. i hope the 1.0 engine is retained when it gets to our shores. if this is priced around 900k-1M, for sure bebenta to.

The All New Ford Eco-Sport