New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 186 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Presenting the All-New Ford EcoSport - YouTube

A nice little crossover. Ala Kia Soul of sorts... But looks much much better. And its global too, so it ain't a third world production only!
    Nearly Global, since unlike the Soul, it won't be sold in North America.
    I think Europe hasn't been confirmed yet, but they're initially targeting emerging markets.
    "The vehicle will expand Ford's presence in Brazil, India, ASEAN markets and others to be announced at a later time, with world-class technology and quality, sharing the new B-class platform which is expected to sell more than 2 million units by mid-decade"
    - Ford Press Release

According to a Motor Trend article "The new Ford EcoSport launches mid-year in Brazil, followed later by the Asian markets."
    Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/ford-unvei...uv-152655.html

I think the EcoSport is an interesting B-segment Crossover. Would probably look good in "Tonka" yellow. :D

The outgoing EcoSport has a 4WD option, I hope the new one gets it too.

"All-New Ford EcoSport Global Preview

The Ford team at preview events in New Delhi for the all-new Ford EcoSport ahead of Auto Expo 2012, Thursday, January 5, included from left, Mike Boneham, president and managing director, Ford India; Alan Mulally, president and CEO, Ford Motor Company; Joe Hinrichs, president, Ford Asia Pacific and Africa; and J Mays, group vice president, Design, and chief creative officer, Ford Motor Company"
    -Ford APA
    Last edited by AG4; January 26th, 2012 at 03:07 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    First disregard that chop, its not going to look like that. I already posted spy photos which show that the EcoSport Concept is more than 90% identical to the production model.

2nd, the trapezoidal grill on the chop came from the Ford Kuga which was launched in late 2007! Way before the ASX.
    The 10th gen lancer original Mitsu traped. grill concept was revealed on 2005 & the prod. model was launched on Jan. 2007, so who did a copycat?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by truckesh View Post
    The 10th gen lancer original Mitsu traped. grill concept was revealed on 2005 & the prod. model was launched on Jan. 2007, so who did a copycat?
    I'm sure nobody intentionally copied anyone.
    But Ford's lower grill has been around for a while too.
    Have you seen the previous gen Fiesta ST which was launched in late 2004?

Nearly Global, since unlike the Soul, it won't be sold in North America.
    I think Europe hasn't been confirmed yet, but they're initially targeting emerging markets.
    "The vehicle will expand Ford's presence in Brazil, India, ASEAN markets and others to be announced at a later time, with world-class technology and quality, sharing the new B-class platform which is expected to sell more than 2 million units by mid-decade"
    - Ford Press Release
    After the release of the Buick Encore, I don't believe it doesn't have chances to be also offered in North America. As far as the European market goes, it's nearly an obvious replacement to the current European Ford Fusion, which current Brazilian-made Ecosport is based.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    After the release of the Buick Encore, I don't believe it doesn't have chances to be also offered in North America. As far as the European market goes, it's nearly an obvious replacement to the current European Ford Fusion, which current Brazilian-made Ecosport is based.
    The B-Max is the tall hatch/MPV replacement of the euro Fusion.

Ford will unveil the production version of its B-Max ‘compact multi-activity vehicle’ at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show in March.

A small MPV set to replace the aging Fusion, the Ford B-Max features sliding side doors to aid access to the rear seats.
    Read more: Ford to unveil production-ready B-Max - February - 2012 - Which? News

Even with the B-Max intended to replace the Fusion, the Ecosport would still be suitable for the European market, mainly in former communist countries and some with extreme weathers such as Iceland as a low-cost alternative to the Kuga (Escape), and it's also quite predictable to face competition with the upcoming Opel Mokka...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Even with the B-Max intended to replace the Fusion, the Ecosport would still be suitable for the European market, mainly in former communist countries and some with extreme weathers such as Iceland as a low-cost alternative to the Kuga (Escape), and it's also quite predictable to face competition with the upcoming Opel Mokka...
    It might also be sold in Russia.
    Aside from ASEAN market, the main target of the new EcoSport are BRIC nations (Brazil, Russia, India & China)

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    mala toyota Rush ba ang segment nito?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    mala toyota Rush ba ang segment nito?
    It would probably fall in the same size segment as the Rush.

The new EcoSport should be close to the size of the outgoing model which is a tad bigger than the Rush.
    Based on the exterior dimensions of the outgoing EcoSport, its closer in size to the 2nd gen Rav4 but with smaller wheels.

If the Escape is the crossover SUV equivalent of the C-segment Focus, the Ecosport is the crossover SUV equivalent of the B-segment Fiesta.
    Last edited by AG4; February 6th, 2012 at 11:59 PM.

It might also be sold in Russia.
    Aside from ASEAN market, the main target of the new EcoSport are BRIC nations (Brazil, Russia, India & China)
    Russia is one of the former communist countries I quoted before. BTW not just Brazil, entire Latin America is one of the target markets for the Ecosport, from Mexico to Chilean Antarctica. Current version made in Camaçari, near Salvador de Bahia (Brazil), is already successful in export markets.

The All New Ford Eco-Sport