New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 186 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Presenting the All-New Ford EcoSport - YouTube

A nice little crossover. Ala Kia Soul of sorts... But looks much much better. And its global too, so it ain't a third world production only!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    It looks more of a rebagged version of the present kia sportage.I have to agree it looks great and with the 3 cylinder 120bhp engine im sure patok ito sa local market

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    My brother's future car! FTW

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    It looks more of a rebagged version of the present kia sportage.I have to agree it looks great and with the 3 cylinder 120bhp engine im sure patok ito sa local market
    Heheheh. In the 2013 Ford Escape thread, someone said it looked like a Tucson. Sikat na ang mga Koreano. Maybe someday, someone somewhere will look at a foreign made car and say, "It looks like a Sarao." lol

Back on topic. Looks like India is becoming the testing ground for sub-compact SUVs or CUVs: Why Ford’s EcoSport launch is significant for India | Firstpost. Ah, the luck of the emerging markets, especially one with 1 billion people.

In the Phils, I think the EcoSport is more likely to be more successful than Suzuki's SX4 or Jimny, simply because it's a Ford. Interesting to see how this emerging segment will turn out when Mazda also comes in with the CX-5.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah but unlike the Jimny that looks like a third world vehicle, this one looks nice. Panglaban nila sa Kia Soul pero feeling ko mas magaling sa presyuhan ang Ford.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Finally it's confirmed that the Eco Sport is coming to the Philippines

motioncars.com | Autobuzz | Ford previews EcoSport SUV at New Delhi Auto Expo: Fiesta

Di kaya maging ganito ang final showroom version (or lower trim version)? Baka top-end model lang yung TRON headlights version.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    Di kaya maging ganito ang final showroom version (or lower trim version)? Baka top-end model lang yung TRON headlights version.

It won't look like that chop which appears to be based on a 2013 Escape.

The EcoSport Concept is probably more than 90% production ready, only the trim and some details like headlights will change.
    Spy photos:

Off-topic: Guys I noticed that sometimes the "Quick Reply" text box doesn't want to appear when I try to reply. odd.
    Last edited by AG4; January 25th, 2012 at 05:24 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post

hmmmmmm...75% Mitsu ASX front trapezoidal shape...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by truckesh View Post
    hmmmmmm...75% Mitsu ASX front trapezoidal shape...
    First disregard that chop, its not going to look like that. I already posted spy photos which show that the EcoSport Concept is more than 90% identical to the production model.

2nd, the trapezoidal grill on the chop came from the Ford Kuga which was launched in late 2007! Way before the ASX.

Page 1 of 186 123451151101 ... LastLast
The All New Ford Eco-Sport