New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010

STP oil treatment is the best product out there, (providing you use it correctly) It is not intended to be used for oil burning engines as a quick fix or any other quick fix ideas. You put a bottle of it in your engine every time you change your oil.
    STP is still average $2.50 - $3.00 a bottle, depending on where you get it and it does the same thing that all these higher priced additives claim to do. I use it, and have been for over 20 years. It contains detergents which enhances the oil's viscosity and keeps the engine clean and sludge free, and when used regularly over a period of time, it will actually "bake" into the metal inside the engine leaving a protective film to reduce wear. It is ok to use it in a new car after the break in period has passed, that will be a sure guarantee that your engine will have a long life providing you change oil regularly. I have worked on engines that has used it and personally seen the positive effects it has. I have not seen anything that outdoes it, and besides, take a moment and think about how long that product has been on the market......................... a long time.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    why can't people just be satisfied with MOTOR OIL?

motor oil na recommended ng car manufacturer

yun lang

baket kailangan pa ng whatever treatment treatment?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EE100shiro View Post

STP oil treatment is the best product out there, (providing you use it correctly) It is not intended to be used for oil burning engines as a quick fix or any other quick fix ideas. You put a bottle of it in your engine every time you change your oil.
    STP is still average $2.50 - $3.00 a bottle, depending on where you get it and it does the same thing that all these higher priced additives claim to do. I use it, and have been for over 20 years. It contains detergents which enhances the oil's viscosity and keeps the engine clean and sludge free, and when used regularly over a period of time, it will actually "bake" into the metal inside the engine leaving a protective film to reduce wear. It is ok to use it in a new car after the break in period has passed, that will be a sure guarantee that your engine will have a long life providing you change oil regularly. I have worked on engines that has used it and personally seen the positive effects it has. I have not seen anything that outdoes it, and besides, take a moment and think about how long that product has been on the market......................... a long time.
    our mechanics use STP pang alis blow-by

old engines na kailangan na palitan ng piston ring... STP is a remedy... just to get the unit sold

kaysa gagastos pa kami palit piston ring

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    our 2NZ-FE vios uses STP every oil changed up to now 137,870km on odometer, engine power still the same, our corolla 2E with 494,160 km uses STP since 1995 till now 2 times overhaul conrod bearing, main bearing, camshaft ,crankshaft, rocker arm, engine block, etc. are still original 1995, only piston ring replaced.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    top one... ive tried that no changes at all... fc, temp. etc... mura lang pero sayang pa din ang pera....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    magkaiba ang engine oil treatment sa engine (fuel) treatment

But they have common outcome.

You treat the oil, it benefits the engine.
    You treat the fuel, it benefits the engine and deposits on intake valves and manifolds, carburetors and fuel injectors.

These both can helps the engine.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    My own take:
    Don't use engine (oil) treatment sa brand new or newly overhauled engine. After break-in or about 15k odometer reading pwede na.
    I regularly used Pertua engine treatment from 1988 to 2003 in my old 1979 12R toyota corona wagon. The engine was running very smooth more than the nissan sentra of my neighbor. I scrapped the car not because of the bad engine but due to body defects.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    My own take:
    Don't use engine (oil) treatment sa brand new or newly overhauled engine. After break-in or about 15k odometer reading pwede na.
    I regularly used Pertua engine treatment from 1988 to 2003 in my old 1979 12R toyota corona wagon. The engine was running very smooth more than the nissan sentra of my neighbor. I scrapped the car not because of the bad engine but due to body defects.
    So Pertua is ok for you in your experience sir? Would you recommend it though? It is expensive pa naman.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    My own take:
    Don't use engine (oil) treatment sa brand new or newly overhauled engine...
    ..neither nor to an old car. Better use good oil instead.

Using oil treatment might not have compatibility with your brand oil, unless it was tested for compatibility!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010

inside of STP oil treatment 2010

ZDDP (ZINC) is the one who makes the engine last forever protects against engine wear.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Top 1 Engine Treatment