New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The price on them makes it not worth it, I would have to charge like 1500P just to break even, They have become super expensive. There is a WIX option but I just don't have the time to mess with shipping over a bunch of stuff next trip, I still got a bunch of filters to get rid of when I get back.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    The price on them makes it not worth it, I would have to charge like 1500P just to break even, They have become super expensive. There is a WIX option but I just don't have the time to mess with shipping over a bunch of stuff next trip, I still got a bunch of filters to get rid of when I get back.
    Doc, for turbo diesel mods, what kind of gauges are must have after tuning?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    What do you think of sprint booster? Knew that there is no added power but just faster throttle response, but noticed that by MS smokes during hard acceleration when I have this switched ON, none when it is OFF. Berrima also told me that sprint booster tends to make the mixture lean that is why it is belching black smoke...any thoughts?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tuazon7 View Post
    What do you think of sprint booster? Knew that there is no added power but just faster throttle response, but noticed that by MS smokes during hard acceleration when I have this switched ON, none when it is OFF. Berrima also told me that sprint booster tends to make the mixture lean that is why it is belching black smoke...any thoughts?
    No experience with it, and for me I find it very costly for what it does, My Elrand also has the fly by wire throttle it is a bit of a slow reaction but that's probably a good thing because diesels don't rev fast and you don't want to be dumping all that fuel so quickly. If your smoking your to rich not lean, that's unburnt fuel and money down the drain.

* Crazyboy the must have gauges are a boost gauge and EGT (exhaust gas temperature gauge) and for me I like having a voltmeter. It's the only real way to monitor if your battery and alternator are doing what they are supposed to, Either of these goes bad and you stuck. I have a intake air temp sensor gauge now as well that I installed last year to see my temp drops with the water injection and see how the engine behaves in traffic and at idle vs cruise. Intercoolers really take some time too function again once they get heat soaked.

Current set up in my Elgrand. Voltmeter, 30psi boost gauge, EGT and IAT gauges.

My old set up, Had to ditch the 15psi gauge because I am now pushing 23psi.

I also have a hour meter on my van as well but you can't see it because off the shifter.

If you have space for a 2 1/16" hole and don't mind drilling the consul like I did it's very easy to install a gauge without a pod. I have my hour meter directly in the dash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 530077_168158453320337_699270099_n.jpg  

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No experience with it, and for me I find it very costly for what it does, My Elrand also has the fly by wire throttle it is a bit of a slow reaction but that's probably a good thing because diesels don't rev fast and you don't want to be dumping all that fuel so quickly. If your smoking your to rich not lean, that's unburnt fuel and money down the drain.

* Crazyboy the must have gauges are a boost gauge and EGT (exhaust gas temperature gauge) and for me I like having a voltmeter. It's the only real way to monitor if your battery and alternator are doing what they are supposed to, Either of these goes bad and you stuck. I have a intake air temp sensor gauge now as well that I installed last year to see my temp drops with the water injection and see how the engine behaves in traffic and at idle vs cruise. Intercoolers really take some time too function again once they get heat soaked.

I also have a hour meter on my van as well but you can't see it because off the shifter.

If you have space for a 2 1/16" hole and don't mind drilling the consul like I did it's very easy to install a gauge without a pod. I have my hour meter directly in the dash.
    At the moment, i'll probably stick with the pods. Just have to know where can i buy pods like yours.

Do we still need oil temp gauge?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Almost anyplace that sells gauges sells pods. You can get the same ones I had at most places there, In SM clark they sell them so they should not be hard to find.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011

nice gauges doc. for the egt, better to have it pre (exhaust manifold) or post turbo (downpipe)? TIA.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I always prefer just after the downpipe.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    any suggestions for crosswind A/T? is there any way we can make it a lil bit faster?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    any suggestions for crosswind A/T? is there any way we can make it a lil bit faster?
    You can check here. Berrima diesel can tune your Crosswind for the best amount of power and tweak your turbo for some added boost. You can also try water/alcohol injection if your looking for some big gains.

http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel...6/index21.html

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Mods to a diesel engine? : )