New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Dayumn, man. 8.3 seconds means about 200, 250 hp minimum? Now I want to see your van.
    Yeah it's close to 200 might be more since I cranked up the boost to 23psi, That video was on 15psi of boost. Plus the van weighs over 4000lbs.

We'll hopefully I will be back in mid to late march. Finally got something I can use to add more fuel over the MAF sensor curve and tuning software that will work though the consult data port on my Elgrand, I'm getting both just in case the software has issues sticking in the ECU. Since the Elgrands injection pump is controlled by the MAF it's the only way to add fuel. I use 7gph of water injection and DIY LPG fumigation set up I have been installing for 15 plus years.

FYI same guy makes our DVC water injection controllers.

This supports Hertz and voltage.
    https://www.easyperformance.com/prod...p?cookietest=1

He has multiple color options.

Our new AFC 3 module essentially allows the user to program in a custom
    recalibration profile for the MAF sensor. For voltage based MAF sensors, you
    can adjust the output voltage to be what you need for any air flow rate
    measured by the sensor. It divides the voltage scale (0.5 volts to 4.5
    volts) into 14 segments that can the correction value individually adjusted.

The tuner kit I found.
    This just monitors
    ECUTalk - Consult Cables

This one tunes uses the same cable.
    NismoTronic

These are for Nissan only,

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gtamp View Post
    every 5k naman ako nagcha-change oil and filter..

tanung ko na din, meron ako 2004 kia pregio. ok lang kaya na wala yung front pipe combined with pre-silencer. see nyo po yung pics

eto yung nasa manual

eto yung sa kia pregio ko...wala yung no.2
    Actually, vibration is one of the main culprits of added noise created by diesel engines so it's a good place to start (checking your exhaust and adding more flexi pipes or resonator). Try to run it up on a lifter and observe as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    If you have a turbo diesel, Lots.

I like to think of my Elgrand as the Fastest van in the Philippines 0-100 in about 8.3 seconds with tire loosing traction at 80kpm at the up shift
    What tires are you running on now? Crazy 1st-2nd gear wheel spin there.

Those JDM vans are quite fast buggers when i encounter them on NLEX. They can run real hard all the way to around 160kph (i guess after that the drag and vehicle height comes into play more).

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Well I don't know how fast my van goes, I need to use the GPS on my phone next time, I can bury the needle at 180kph and it's still going faster. Had Yokahamas on there, 3 had side wall blow outs during my 2 month trip, will never buy them again there were only 1.5 years old. I got goodyear now.

[IMG][/IMG]

It is fun to drive, My in-laws get terrified when I hammer on it lol.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Man, I gotta go see your rig next time you're here. Wish the Crosswind had that much potential... perhaps with a 3.2 swap...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    *Vinj madaming salamat for the feedback/comment..kung may budget na eh padagdagan ko ng resonator ...same ba yun sa pre-silencer?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Man, I gotta go see your rig next time you're here. Wish the Crosswind had that much potential... perhaps with a 3.2 swap...
    You can direct the exhaust pipe of the Crosswind to the two rear tires and fake the tire smoke any time. :D

dvldoc, if you get premium rubbers (of course this may affect load weight) and lightweight rims on, your Elgrand will be able to tame the wheelspin and give more acceleration at the low end.

Quote Originally Posted by gtamp View Post
    *Vinj madaming salamat for the feedback/comment..kung may budget na eh padagdagan ko ng resonator ...same ba yun sa pre-silencer?
    Should be the same. It comes in different sizes so you just have to match it with your exhaust at the shop.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I am getting new rims when I get back since I now have two that are all scuffed up.

Best easy mods for a diesel is a proper tune, You would be amazed how much power you can get by adjusting the fueling and adding a little boost.

2nd. None restrictive air filtration system. (Simota works great for me) They can be washed but god after I saw how much black stuff came off mine after a year of use I just threw it out and got a new one they are only around 1200P.

If you can aford to do so, A 2.5" or 3" down pipe depending on your vehicles power output.

I have not really seen the big need to go with more than a 2.5" exhaust on most diesels there. If you look at a dyno 2.5" vs 3' exhaust they are almost the same.

2T oil in your fuel makes a big difference in the older diesels.

Manual boost controller if you have a turbo makes a world of difference. I have found oem turbo actuators to be lacking in making linear boost they are all over the place when you put them on a dyno especially the new VGT versions.

If you have a non-common rail electromechanical injection pump like mine you really can't adjust your fueling without the items I posted earlier which allow you to change your fuel curve electronically, This would work well on the 1zkte engine, non-common rail ZD30 engines, the QD32ETI motor or any other non common rail that uses a MAF sensor. You won't get as much power as say a chipit, or Dchip but for us those are not a option.
    Last edited by dvldoc; January 20th, 2013 at 12:59 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not considering marketing the air-fuel controller? There might be a market for that here, however small.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I could if I wanted to, Jim does make our Devilsown controllers that's until we switch fully over to the new ones. So I can get them at cost, Anyone interested in one (got to have a MAF sensor) A engine like the 1KZTE, ZD30 and of course the Elgrand, the older Kia carnaval vans ect can use this to make extra power. I should be back there in March for about 2 1/2 months or so. I will be at Speedlab for a downpipe then Berrima for a dyno tune.

Feel free to PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    I could if I wanted to, Jim does make our Devilsown controllers that's until we switch fully over to the new ones. So I can get them at cost, Anyone interested in one (got to have a MAF sensor) A engine like the 1KZTE, ZD30 and of course the Elgrand, the older Kia carnaval vans ect can use this to make extra power. I should be back there in March for about 2 1/2 months or so. I will be at Speedlab for a downpipe then Berrima for a dyno tune.

Feel free to PM.
    Doc you may want to ship BD28 filters when you go here.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Mods to a diesel engine? : )