New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    sayang..we just had our 89 lancer top overhauled...i dont if its the same thing if we were to try this product though...can you enlighten me, allanroy?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hi Peeps,

It's my car that was supposed to be tested for the Xado product last saturday. It's a vti '97 with 104,300+ km at the odometer.

I feel posting what happened might interest fellow enthusiast and car owners:

present were me and my wife, Allan, Jon, Mike and Donna of Eco-Tech (Xado distributor), Francisco (the Columbian Guy-a car expert), Kit de Afable and a mechanic from Auto plus.

First, Francisco explained that it's better to do both the leakdown and compression test on the cylinders.

For others info, the leakdown test also tests if there were any leaks in the cylinders by putting compressed air into the chamber and comparing the pressures inside the cylinder and the source of the compressed air. If there is any leak, the pressure in the cyl is lower than the source because of the leak. The %age of leak can be known by comparing the indications of the two gauges.

During the initial tests, the leakdown tests indicated 100% sealing right on all four cyls.

Next test was the compression test in which a pressure gauge was put onto the spark plugs place and the engine was allowed to crank for a few revolutions to know how much max compression was done by the pistons.

the initial run indicated 183, 180, 140 and 135 psi respectively for cylinder 1, 2, 3 and 4.

The results seem to point problems in the 3rd and 4th cyclinders and Francisco conducted another leakdown tests.

the 2nd test indicated a deterioration in the 3rd and 4th cyls whcih indicated only 35 and 30%. We later found that the exhaust valves were leaking and we can actually feel the air rushing off the exhaust pipe. After some sort of cleaning by compressed air, the 3rd run indicated a improvement to 50% on the 3rd and 4th cyls.

Francisco explained that although the cylinders and piston rings seal the combustion chamber perfectly as shown during the 1st leakdown test. Carbon deposits have found their way in between the valve and the valve seats which had caused the leaks in the succeeding tests.

Francisco explained that my driving style of having a very light foot though attaining a very good fuel economy (10.5-12 in the city) will produce carbon build-up in the combustion chambers that will affect performance.

After the tests he showed us his engine cleaning technique to clear up carbon deposits in my car!

He drove my car really fast and redlined it on the third gear (wow! I don't know what to think and do but stayed calm - I think you know what I'm saying) and then he released the gas pedal allowing engine braking. He did this about thrice until we're right back at Autoplus.

Anyway, Francisco explained that it is healthy to rev up your car to the redline once in a while to clean those chambers of the deposits.

Going back to the tests, since the engine, according to Francisco still runs perfectly, the treatment will do a little improvement than with a near blowby engine or engine with wide piston rings-to-cylinder clearance.

So, Xado people decided to discontinue with the succeeding test (dyno then putting in the Xado gel) which was seconded by Francisco and myself).

Anyway, I would like to thank Xado people, Jon, Allan, Donna and Mike for being accomodating and professional. Also Francisco of Autoplus. They were really nice guys and I really learned a lot from the brief time along with them.

Hope you also learned something reading this and I hope other peeps would let their car tested. A good subject is a car that relly burns oil.

I give in to the test because their principle really make sense.

I really hope that we could technically test the product once and for all.

Thank You and Goodluck Guys.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've read of this XADO product.

you can use this product in lieu of overhauling / rebuilding your old engine. but, as what Francisco (presumably his last name is Blanco) said, that will do only a minimal improvement on your engine since your engine is still not that old.

those with old engines (1992 and below) will be the ones who can benefit from this treatment.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Anyone with an older engine willing to volunteer?

Yung mga nasusunog na ang oil...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i have a 91 Nissan SGX,

i can volunteer, but need to know the procedures.

will everything from testing to the xado products will be shouldered by the xado corp.

and if something happen to may engine, will they shoulder the expenses of replacing it a new one.

give me some infos about, so i can decide soon.

2nd opinion fellow tsikoteers...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm... my 82 Diesel Benz is interested hehe...

Comparatively, how does this compare with carbon clean?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, paenlighten... I'm sure this product wont do much good to relatively modern engine that are well taken care off, but for our 200K+ KM engines, it may be a good investment instead of an overhaul.

Comparing it to carbon clean what difference does it have?

Comparing it to an actual top overhaul, ano rin ang difference? Which parts are directly affected positively with Xado?

Anything to revive my old clunker :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    David,

If you undergo the XADO treatment, I may be encouraged (assuming the results are A-OK) to have my 1972 BMW 2002tiit XADOed too hehehe!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm dumadami ang volunteer.....

i-testing na yan!!!!hehehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako willing ako actually IF the existing engine is a candidate... One point I got sa website was something like mga ibang defects like existing bearing wear, valve seals, etc will not be cured or improved upon dahil sira na talaga and di naabot ng XADO...

I do wonder if our local distributor will follow this warranty like they do abroad.

" 19. What does the guarantee imply? Will you change the assembly, or the entire automobile, or what?

We guarantee the stability of the specifications improved by revitalizing your car at an authorized service center. The technician will issue a warranty coupon at the time of treatment, with the new compression figures. This guarantees the compression will not decrease for one year, regardless of mileage. By coming to a service station, you make our technician, who issued you the guarantee coupon, liable for diagnostics and proper application of the gel."

http://www.canutech.com/faq-all.htm

This report is interesting as well

http://www.canutech.com/images/RedLine.pdf

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
[MERGED] XADO engine treatment thread