New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 235 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sag0 View Post
    its an isuzu hilander XTRM...
    You can bring it here anytime. It doesn't take long too do a smole opacity test.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir DieselDude

sir remember me. I was the one who ask you what type of tachometer i should use with my engine a toyota 3c-t engine with a bosch type VE pump.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    wow!! what happened?? can you update us on this? para ma avoid namin yung dahilan ng ganyang klasseng damage
    To my knowledge, most probable cause is "water in fuel".
    I am still waiting for the dealer's failure analysis. The vehicle is with them.
    They cannot install new injectors without knowing the root cause as the problem may recur.

I will keep you guys posted.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    You can bring it here anytime. It doesn't take long too do a smoke opacity test.

thank you! expect me to drop by one of these days kind sir!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zed2d View Post
    Sir DieselDude

sir remember me. I was the one who ask you what type of tachometer i should use with my engine a toyota 3c-t engine with a bosch type VE pump.
    HI Zed2d,

I'm sorry I can't help you in this area as I don't have any infomation on Toyota's tachometer specifications. Here are some basics though.

The VE pump has an rpm sensor which measures pulses from the internal pump gear teeth. Pulse signals are sent to the tach. Tachometers are calibrated to indicate 1 engine rpm at a specific pulse count. Your pump turns at 1/2 engine speed. So, number of tooth pulses per 1 pump revolution X 2 should indicate 1 engine rpm.

An aftermarket tachometer with DIP switches at the back for pulse count settings should work. But I don't know if this is available in the market.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sir Dieseldude,

i have this figure written under my hood "INITIAL INJECTION TIMING 10 DEG. ATDC", does this mean that this is the timing that my pump will be adjusted whenever i'll have it overhauled or calibrated? or since it is INITIAL, this timing is only used when it is still new and didnt finished the break-in period.

pls enlighten me.. TIA.

MAEDZ

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Maedz,

What is your car?

Bye,

Dieseldude

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Hi Maedz,

What is your car?

Bye,

Dieseldude
    ranger trekker 2002 po sir.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir Dieseldude,

i have this figure written under my hood "INITIAL INJECTION TIMING 10 DEG. ATDC", Your engine has to be positioned at 10 deg ATDC with piston #1 at power stroke during injection pump installation. You should see another figure stamped on your dataplate, for example: Plunger travel 0.5mm plunger lift. This is your injection pump's drive shaft position during installation. Plunger travel is measured with a dial indicator tool. See copy-attached sample picture.

does this mean that this is the timing that my pump will be adjusted whenever i'll have it overhauled or calibrated? No it's not. The above info shows the engine and injection pump positions during installation. The injection pump has it's own internal timing specs during calibration.

or since it is INITIAL, this timing is only used when it is still new and didnt finished the break-in period. The figures under your hood are your pump-to-engine's timing specs, old or new, break-in or not.

I hope you got it clear.

Bye, Dieseldude

pls enlighten me.. TIA.

MAEDZ

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Thanks dieseldude... YOU'RE THE MAN.. wish ur shop is just near me...

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk