New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    2T user here for 5months now, crdi engine runs quieter and smoother.

2T is more useful in Euro 4-6 diesels where sulfur is low. In our case, the real problem is dirty diesel. My guess is, by adding extra lubrication using 2T, it gives better protection or tolerance against abrassion on fuel-system parts.

Some readings:
    http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=177728

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Helow mga sirs!
    Newbie lang po sa tsikot. Pwede po makisali sa tread nato? interesting po kc.

have anyone heared of using "ferrocene" as fuel additive?

I'm planning kc of using this chemical for my 2.5L TDIC Pajero but were not sure of the possible effects on small automotive engines. baka may naka gamit na po sa inyo, pls share any results either positive or negative.

Actually we are using this chemical on marine diesel engines (as big as 24000bhp output) for almost 6 yrs and d results were very satisfactory, in terms of lessening engine carbon deposits, oil contamination and engine wear.

According to the instruction manual of this additive the following are the benefits of using this chemical:

1.decrease in exhaust temperature
    2.decrease in adhesive carbon to exhaust valve, injector nozzle, piston ring and crown
    3.decrease in smoke Bosch number from exhaust pipe
    4.decrease in rate wear of piston ring and cylinder liner
    5.decrease in dirt deposits in turbocharger turbine blades
    6.decrease in lube oil carbon contamination
    7.ensures complete burnout of carbon and hydrocarbon

this are some of the chemical specifications:

Chemical name: "ferrocene" Dicyclopentadienyliron
    Chemical formula: (C5H5)2Fe
    appearance: orange crystalline solid
    application: combustion catalyst
    CAS No. 102-54-5

also, according to the instruction manual, this chemical is should be mixed with fuel oil at 25ppm concentration in order to attain maximum effectiveness.. On board, we are mixing 1kg of ferrocene into 40 MT of fuel oil..

given the SG of diesel is 0.8796
    40MT of diesel is 45500 ltrs
    1000grams of ferrocene into 45500 ltrs of diesel oil
    gives 0.02 grams of ferrocene/liter of diesel
    which in the case of my pajero fuel tank of 92 liters capacity, in order for me to attain 25ppm effective concentration,
    I only need to mix 1.8 grams of ferrocene per 1 full tank / 92 liters of my pajero.

1.8 grams per 92 liters of diesel oil, sulit po dba?!?

plus pa the benefits stipulated on the manual for using this chemical wich is listed above. sulit na sulit!!!

Anyway, hindi pa po ako nakagamit nito personally because on board pa po ako ngayon. I'll keep you informed regarding the results positive man or negative once i used this chemical/fuel additive on my own ride.

Any feedbacks, appreciated po.
    More horsepower mga sirs!!!
    God bless us all.

mga sirs, very sorry po for the late update regarding sa ferrocene try out ko...na delay po kc vessel disembarkation ko at pagbalik ng pinas, very busy pa...any way, heto na po result ng ferrocene on my 2.5L 4d56 TDIC M/T pajero..

*first run . without ferrocene
    26 november 2010...0800H
    filled up at guimbal, iloilo (autostop)
    reset trip meter
    travelled from guimbal to san joaquin, iloilo then back to guimbal.
    re filled tank(autostop) at guimbal at the same gas station and the same pump.
    consumed 3.656 liters of petron diesel max.. trip meter read 50.1 kms.
    result at 13.7 kms/ltr
    which is my normal hi-way driving fuel consumption...and i always get this fc even on previous years..on this route.

* second run . with 4 grams ferrocene mixed on my fuel tank of 92 liters capacity.
    06 december 2010...0800H
    reset trip meter
    refilled tank(autostop) at guimbal at the same gas station and the same pump.
    consumed 2.839 liters of petron diesel max (with ferrocene)..
    trip meter read 50.1 kms.
    result at 17.6 kms/ltr
    which showed a 28.4 % increase in fuel mileage...
    (this was at 50ppm ferrocene concentration at initial use..havent tried the 25 ppm concentration yet which the manual suggests on the following usage)
    i'll keep you posted mga sirs...

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    btw, another comparison po mga sir on my pajero's fc with and without ferrocene..

07 september 2009..without ferrocene
    filled up (autostop) at guimbal gas station..reset trip meter.
    travelled from guimbal to iloilo city then back to guimbal...
    (trip consisted of 49.4 kms of hiway driving and 12.2 kms of ct driving)
    re filled at guimbal (autostop) at the same gas station and same pump.
    consumed 5.114 ltrs
    trip meter at 61.6 kms
    fc mixed ct and hiway drive at 12 kms/ltr
    roundtrip costs Php 185.9 at Php 36.35/liter of diesel

14 december 2010...with ferrocene
    filled up (autostop) at guimbal gas station..reset trip meter.
    travelled from guimbal to iloilo city then back to guimbal...
    (trip consisted of 49.4 kms of hiway driving and 12.6 kms of ct driving)
    re filled at guimbal (autostop) at the same gas station and same pump.
    consumed 3.842 ltrs
    trip meter at 62.0 kms
    fc mixed ct and hiway drive at 16.1 kms/ltr
    round trip costs Php 156.95 at Php 40.85/liter of diesel

thanks ferrocene for the additional 4 kms/ltr, a 33% increase in fuel mileage.
    this trip is my typical route from hometown, to city proper doing some errands, then back to hometown..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    is it applicable din po ba mga tsikoteers sa bago car yun additives???

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    where can we buy this? is this available locally? noting that youre working abroad.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene emmanuel View Post
    Helow mga sirs!
    Newbie lang po sa tsikot. Pwede po makisali sa tread nato? interesting po kc.

have anyone heared of using "ferrocene" as fuel additive?

I'm planning kc of using this chemical for my 2.5L TDIC Pajero but were not sure of the possible effects on small automotive engines. baka may naka gamit na po sa inyo, pls share any results either positive or negative.

Actually we are using this chemical on marine diesel engines (as big as 24000bhp output) for almost 6 yrs and d results were very satisfactory, in terms of lessening engine carbon deposits, oil contamination and engine wear.

According to the instruction manual of this additive the following are the benefits of using this chemical:

1.decrease in exhaust temperature
    2.decrease in adhesive carbon to exhaust valve, injector nozzle, piston ring and crown
    3.decrease in smoke Bosch number from exhaust pipe
    4.decrease in rate wear of piston ring and cylinder liner
    5.decrease in dirt deposits in turbocharger turbine blades
    6.decrease in lube oil carbon contamination
    7.ensures complete burnout of carbon and hydrocarbon

this are some of the chemical specifications:

Chemical name: "ferrocene" Dicyclopentadienyliron
    Chemical formula: (C5H5)2Fe
    appearance: orange crystalline solid
    application: combustion catalyst
    CAS No. 102-54-5

also, according to the instruction manual, this chemical is should be mixed with fuel oil at 25ppm concentration in order to attain maximum effectiveness.. On board, we are mixing 1kg of ferrocene into 40 MT of fuel oil..

given the SG of diesel is 0.8796
    40MT of diesel is 45500 ltrs
    1000grams of ferrocene into 45500 ltrs of diesel oil
    gives 0.02 grams of ferrocene/liter of diesel
    which in the case of my pajero fuel tank of 92 liters capacity, in order for me to attain 25ppm effective concentration,
    I only need to mix 1.8 grams of ferrocene per 1 full tank / 92 liters of my pajero.

1.8 grams per 92 liters of diesel oil, sulit po dba?!?

plus pa the benefits stipulated on the manual for using this chemical wich is listed above. sulit na sulit!!!

Anyway, hindi pa po ako nakagamit nito personally because on board pa po ako ngayon. I'll keep you informed regarding the results positive man or negative once i used this chemical/fuel additive on my own ride.

Any feedbacks, appreciated po.
    More horsepower mga sirs!!!
    God bless us all.

mga sirs, very sorry po for the late update regarding sa ferrocene try out ko...na delay po kc vessel disembarkation ko at pagbalik ng pinas, very busy pa...any way, heto na po result ng ferrocene on my 2.5L 4d56 TDIC M/T pajero..

*first run . without ferrocene
    26 november 2010...0800H
    reset trip meter
    re filled tank(autostop) at guimbal at the same gas station and the same pump.
    consumed 3.656 liters of petron diesel max.. trip meter read 50.1 kms.
    result at 13.7 kms/ltr
    which is my normal hi-way driving fuel consumption...and i always get this fc even on previous years..on this route.

* second run . with 4 grams ferrocene mixed on my fuel tank of 92 liters capacity.
    06 december 2010...0800H
    reset trip meter
    refilled tank(autostop) at guimbal at the same gas station and the same pump.
    consumed 2.839 liters of petron diesel max (with ferrocene)..
    trip meter read 50.1 kms.
    result at 17.6 kms/ltr
    which showed a 28.4 % increase in fuel mileage...
    (this was at 50ppm ferrocene concentration at initial use..havent tried the 25 ppm concentration yet which the manual suggests on the following usage)
    i'll keep you posted mga sirs...
    Have googled this fuel additive and it seemed to be effective.

Ferox ang brand name for consumer users. Kaya lang wala pa yata dito sa pinas

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Stricter emissions standards have resulted in large changes to the composition of automotive diesel fuels.

In particular, the refining steps required to remove excess sulfur from diesel fuels has led to a significant loss of lubricity.

Whether measured by the High Frequency Reciprocating Rig or Sliding Ball tests, low and ultra-low sulfur diesels have poorer lubricity than the older diesel fuels.

Bosch even uses brand-new injection pumps to test diesel fuels for suitability - a rather expensive method.

This problem can be aided by the addition of additives which boost the fuel's lubricity - like 2T oil.

Increasing the fuel's lubricity is a common practice in diesel fuel additives.

:megaphone: PM mo din ako sir... tnx

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Sirs:

I will be attending with my buddies from the Mazda B2200/B2500 club (check out our thread sa Mazda cars section) a "4x4 jamboree on the 29th and 30th na gagawin sa Molino, Bacoor, Cavite."

There I will be bringing many samples of my diesel fuel additive, for sale and distribution to the group.

We will 1st meet at the McDo along Macapagal highway near SM Mall of Asia, then will convoy to the jamboree.

If you would like to buy some additive just meet me and the club at the McDo early on Sunday morning (will post the time when we settle on it) and I will be glad to sell you some.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

P.S. Php 100 for a 335 ml bottle and Php 500 for 6 bottles (my 5-6 discount!).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    This is probably the best study done on diesel fuel additives. 2T oil scores pretty high. I will say no doubt in my Elgrand it ran so much smoother with the 2T especially after the 2nd tank of gas. Even the annoying harsh shutter at shut off of the engine went away. Idles nice and quiet and does not shake like it did when I first got it. And I beat the hell out of my engine but purrs like a kitten. Had my sister in-law neighbor add it to his Kia van which was very rough running now runs totally different. Much smoother and way quieter. That's just my observation on the 2T, I will keep running it for the life of the engine.

http://rivrdog.typepad.com/files/cop...-version-3.pdf
    Last edited by dvldoc; January 26th, 2011 at 04:46 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    where can we buy this? is this available locally? noting that youre working abroad.
    i'm sorry sir...wala pa nga po yata nito sa pinas...pero, baka meron sa local marine suppliers..
    sana nga, available na to locally para magamit ng publiko...(after passing proper tests)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Diesel Additive/Injection Cleaner???