New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    [quote=duskylim;1481240]Dear Sirs:

Is your product available now for trial ? i have an Adventure98' i would give it a try. im from Cavite.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear povillo:

Yes it is available. Thank you for your interest.

Please PM me for the details as this forum frowns upon blatant and self-serving marketing and promotion.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mikbik View Post
    i dont have anything about BIODIESEL but hindi kya mag sebo since pra syang mantika bka in the long run eh mag clog sa injectors. just to cents what do u think?
    the problem with biodiesel is that they usually produce lower heat. it usually prevents the diesel particulate filter from heating up enough to burn the particles it collects. That's why BMW does not recommend BIODIESEL for their diesel cars.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mikbik View Post
    try nyo Oberon Diesel Additive anti black smoke much much cheaper and cost effective than other additives more than biodiesel coz of its 1/30 ratio. 10ml lang gud for 30 liters of diesel na.
    san ba ito nilalagay? sa fuel or oil?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    the problem with biodiesel is that they usually produce lower heat. it usually prevents the diesel particulate filter from heating up enough to burn the particles it collects. That's why BMW does not recommend BIODIESEL for their diesel cars.
    Dear Sirs:

Just to clear things up, the process of making bio-diesel removes soaps and glycerin from the bio-oil, which are responsible for the gelling (sebo) during cold weather.

Therefore, unlike straight vegetable oils (SVO) bio-diesels do NOT gel, which in fact was the main reason for processing them into bio-diesel in the 1st place.

Surprisingly, in Germany, there are many stations selling bio-diesel (much more than here in the Philippines).

As long as they meet the required fuel standards, there should be no barrier to their use in any model diesel vehicle.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Helow mga sirs!
    Newbie lang po sa tsikot. Pwede po makisali sa tread nato? interesting po kc.

have anyone heared of using "ferrocene" as fuel additive?

I'm planning kc of using this chemical for my 2.5L TDIC Pajero but were not sure of the possible effects on small automotive engines. baka may naka gamit na po sa inyo, pls share any results either positive or negative.

Actually we are using this chemical on marine diesel engines (as big as 24000bhp output) for almost 6 yrs and d results were very satisfactory, in terms of lessening engine carbon deposits, oil contamination and engine wear.

According to the instruction manual of this additive the following are the benefits of using this chemical:

1.decrease in exhaust temperature
    2.decrease in adhesive carbon to exhaust valve, injector nozzle, piston ring and crown
    3.decrease in smoke Bosch number from exhaust pipe
    4.decrease in rate wear of piston ring and cylinder liner
    5.decrease in dirt deposits in turbocharger turbine blades
    6.decrease in lube oil carbon contamination
    7.ensures complete burnout of carbon and hydrocarbon

this are some of the chemical specifications:

Chemical name: "ferrocene" Dicyclopentadienyliron
    Chemical formula: (C5H5)2Fe
    appearance: orange crystalline solid
    application: combustion catalyst
    CAS No. 102-54-5

also, according to the instruction manual, this chemical is should be mixed with fuel oil at 25ppm concentration in order to attain maximum effectiveness.. On board, we are mixing 1kg of ferrocene into 40 MT of fuel oil..

given the SG of diesel is 0.8796
    40MT of diesel is 45500 ltrs
    1000grams of ferrocene into 45500 ltrs of diesel oil
    gives 0.02 grams of ferrocene/liter of diesel
    which in the case of my pajero fuel tank of 92 liters capacity, in order for me to attain 25ppm effective concentration,
    I only need to mix 1.8 grams of ferrocene per 1 full tank / 92 liters of my pajero.

1.8 grams per 92 liters of diesel oil, sulit po dba?!?

plus pa the benefits stipulated on the manual for using this chemical wich is listed above. sulit na sulit!!!

Anyway, hindi pa po ako nakagamit nito personally because on board pa po ako ngayon. I'll keep you informed regarding the results positive man or negative once i used this chemical/fuel additive on my own ride.

Any feedbacks, appreciated po.
    More horsepower mga sirs!!!
    God bless us all.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sir Eugene:

From the name you quoted it's an Organo-Metallic compound.

Organo-metallics are entirely man-made synthetic materials - they have analogues in natures.

The organic portion is a cyclic (ring shaped) hydrocarbon with 5 carbon atoms in a ring surrounded hydrogen and attached to the iron (Fe).

From the quoted concentrations required it is a very economical additive.

We will await your evaluation with great anticipation.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Sir duskylim,

tnx 4 d feedback sir..

i have read this thread and noted common downside of using fuel additive is failure of the engine caused by blocked fuel filter due to additive sediments trapped in it.

sir, may i please know the filtering capacity of automotive fuel filters used for conventional diesel engine in terms of microns?

onboard, we are using refiners/fine filters with 5 microns filtration limit.

and as per our experience, ferrocene dissolves cleanly especially if it is grounded fine prior to mixing with diesel, which is our handling procedure.

but we surely admit that we cannot observe 5 microns
    undissolved particles
    (if there would be any)

im going to try it anyway, and am not worried because "old school" diesel engines are not "maselan" compared to CRDIs, and can be easily rectified,
    IF EVER trouble occured.

i am very much excited in trying out this additive, but still have to wait 2-3 months because im still under contract (onboard service).

please also note that im not always online due to my job's nature.

I will just post my evaluation results (positive and/or negative)
    as soon as I tested it.

More horsepower..
    God bless us all.

Eugene

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene emmanuel View Post
    Sir duskylim,

tnx 4 d feedback sir..

i have read this thread and noted common downside of using fuel additive is failure of the engine caused by blocked fuel filter due to additive sediments trapped in it.

sir, may i please know the filtering capacity of automotive fuel filters used for conventional diesel engine in terms of microns?

onboard, we are using refiners/fine filters with 5 microns filtration limit.

and as per our experience, ferrocene dissolves cleanly especially if it is grounded fine prior to mixing with diesel, which is our handling procedure.

but we surely admit that we cannot observe 5 microns
    undissolved particles
    (if there would be any)

im going to try it anyway, and am not worried because "old school" diesel engines are not "maselan" compared to CRDIs, and can be easily rectified,
    IF EVER trouble occured.

i am very much excited in trying out this additive, but still have to wait 2-3 months because im still under contract (onboard service).

please also note that im not always online due to my job's nature.

I will just post my evaluation results (positive and/or negative)
    as soon as I tested it.

More horsepower..
    God bless us all.

Eugene
    Dear Eugene:

Most automotive air, oil and fuel filters are made from specially selected and treated filter papers, what may be described as a better, heavy-duty analogue of the filter papers used in Chemistry.

The quality of the paper, its coatings and treatment dictate the overall filtration qualities of the filter.

Of course there are other issues, like the filter casing, glues and seals and by-pass valving but those are not directly related to filtration.

Since this material is delivered as a solid with limited solubility in diesel fuel (which is why you have to grind it up), then the fines (solid materials left undissolved) will be trapped by a good fuel filter BEFORE they can enter and damage the injection system.

The quality of the local filters available here vary considerably.

One of the most popular is VIC of Japan(?) but it actually rates very poorly in tests made abroad.

My answer to that is to replace the filters regularly on a shortened maintenance schedule to avoid most problems.

It is more expensive but is safer and insures better reliability.

For more information, there are many sites on the Web that deal with the particulars of oil, lubrication and filters.

One of the best (in my opinion) is BITOG - Bob Is The Oil Guy - a site run by professional petroleum and lubrication engineer's dedicated to helping out the common man on the street.

In my experience, ship engines are FAR more tolerant to poor quality fuels and lubricants than their automotive counterparts.

They run slower and are much more rugged in construction.

I myself make a diesel fuel additive which I use to improve power and fuel economy.

I have been doing this for several years now and I believe that I make one of the best if not the best diesel fuel additive available.

If you are ever in the Metro Manila - Q.C. area look me up and I will give you a sample and a ride in my diesel pickups.

P.M. me if you are interested.

Sincerely,

Dusky Lim
    Last edited by duskylim; September 10th, 2010 at 02:09 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Sir duskylim,

Pls PM me sir regarding your fuel additive, im also interested in trying it out for me to compare test results with ferrocene (guinea pig na pajero koh,).

This is just some sort of my personal hobby, and whichever of the two additives yielded (more) positive result, will definitely gain its place in my fuel tank in the long run.

Pls include the concentration required (quantity of additive / quantity of diesel),
    benefits of using the product, downside or negative effects of using the product (if any), and price per certain volume bought.

Tnx and best regards...

Eugene

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Diesel Additive/Injection Cleaner???