New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    May nakagamit na po ba nito mga sirs? Php 1,308 kuha ko sa Unioil station. Idemitsu din kasi oils na gamit ng Honda so eto na lang binili ko mas mura pa. Wala din ako balak patakbuhin ng 10,000kms to since sa manual ng jazz every 6 months or 10k ang palit which is hindi ko naman na rereach yung 10k.

Currently eto gamit ko sa 04 1.8 MT Rav4 and 2009 1.3s Honda Jazz ko. Ok ang performance

http://www.idemitsu-ils.com.sg/Uploa...W30%20Fsyn.pdf
    also saw this oil and i might try this on the next change oil of our vios and innova.

currently using top1 SDO for my 4m40
    elf trophy dx on our 4d56
    OEM mineral oil for our vios
    and Delo Gold for our innova (vvti) for rinsing the internal of the engine.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    10K oci is still a very safe interval as long you change your filter every 5k, IMO 5k oci is a waste of money and you do more harm than good than if your oci si more than recommended OCI of some diesel guru's is 12.5k or 18k but car manufaturers dont allow this under warranty.
    LE lubricants is a good one they supply lubricants for our hydroelectric dams
    dont know if they sell engine oil monolec for cars here still no response from them
    Welcome to LE LUBRICANTS INC.,

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    10K oci is still a very safe interval as long you change your filter every 5k, IMO 5k oci is a waste of money and you do more harm than good than if your oci si more than recommended OCI of some diesel guru's is 12.5k or 18k but car manufaturers dont allow this under warranty.
    LE lubricants is a good one they supply lubricants for our hydroelectric dams
    dont know if they sell a engine oil for cars here still no response from them
    Welcome to LE LUBRICANTS INC.,
    10k OCI is good if your car is highway driven. but with Manila traffic, i wouldnt do it.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    that still a debate of whether to change it on 5k... 3k(mile) oci myth in any forum i read almost all of them had conclusions to that practice is a waste of money and an environmental poisoning of our mother earth...our modern engine oil can last more than 5k, im not raising an argument here... 5k oci is very very very safe assurance for your engine and a waste of money...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    agree.. the oil doesnt degrade.. it only gets dirty... if we have the proper facility to process used oils changing every 5k won't affect the environment much since you are recycling...

btw, in other countries they have clean fuel so that 10k interval can be implemented but with the kind of fuel we have here is full of dirt making 5k interval long enough..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ severe driving condition kasi sa karamihan ng lugar sa Pinas, dirty fuel and air ika nga plus temperate climate pa. SO yeah, 5,000km coi is just about safe unless you use a FS oil and good aftermarket fuel filter and/or the coi recommended in the manual under severe driving is 10,000kms.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by papaAlphaT View Post
    my choice of engine oil. use fully synthetic engine oil and apply a great lubricating additive
    be careful in choosing what kind of additive as engine oils sold OTC is balanced with anti-wear(i.e. moly, phosphorous, zinc) and DETERGENTS... you need to balanced it with detergents if you will an additives such i mentioned. there some forumers here tried liqui-moly additives MOs2, better yet get the CERATEC. HTH

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    for Diesel Engine Common Rail, we use Petron Trekker API CI-4

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Been using Repsol Elite Injection for 1 year now. Ok yung 10W 40 nila. Dun kasi hiyang auto. Buy lang kayo sa Gold Rush banawe. They are the exclusive dealer for Repsol sa Pinas.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Petron Trekker API CI-4

change every 4000km...
    cheap and good for engines with egr....

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
automotive engine oils: whats your pick?