New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    GTOil no need to change oil ever. The only one with alien technology dissolves dirt and sludge but not the paper filter of your car.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    right now im using bardahl fully synthetic... but im also distributing gulf,zic, and mobil oils... personally it all boils down to personal preference and trust on the brand... but most oils will perform granting they are able to provide Product Data Sheet so you'll know whats in the oil your using...
    Among the local brands only petron doesn't publish their technicals and data regarding their oils! delo of caltex and shell lubricants has their Data sheet published in the internet... i wonder why petron is shy telling the public whats in their oils...

ask ko lang which is better para sa carens ko-- crdi-vgt.

HKS?, royal purple, liquimoly, motul?? etc...

ung kahit paano makakabawas sa tunog ng makina.. feeling ko maingay parin, except kung may katabi kong old-school diesel... pero pag sa garahe, dinig ko... or sadyang sanay lang ako sa refined gasoline engine..

manual dictates na 10w40, 15w40 is recommended..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    ask ko lang which is better para sa carens ko-- crdi-vgt.

HKS?, royal purple, liquimoly, motul?? etc...

ung kahit paano makakabawas sa tunog ng makina.. feeling ko maingay parin, except kung may katabi kong old-school diesel... pero pag sa garahe, dinig ko... or sadyang sanay lang ako sa refined gasoline engine..

manual dictates na 10w40, 15w40 is recommended..
    you should also check the API rating. alam ko CI-4 above na kasi requirement sa crdi e.

im currently using Top1 SDO in all of our diesel rigs and trucks. CI-4 and 15w40. it was also posted in the other thread that this oil is a good quality semi-syn oil (i'll try to look for the link). cost less than 300pesos/quart.

pero if you will stick with your choices,
    1st/2nd liquimoly/royal purple (whichever is more accesible)
    3rd motul
    4th hks

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    For the past 3 pms, Castrol parati yung ginagamit ko. Performance, ok naman. Wanted to try Royal Purple or Motul sana kaya lang mahal. Hehe. Na-try ko na rin yung Top 1 dati.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I just bought an Idemitsu EcoTec 5w30 engine oil. So far so good. PHP1300, 1 gallon na.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    zic power diesel synthetic 10w40... cheap lang... i bought it for only 3200 pesos 20liters can.... or 160 pesos lang per liter....

mas maganda sa caltex, castrol, mobil non synthetic, top one diesel synthetic, valvoline none synthetic, shell oils except the synthetic shell oil hindi ko pa kasi na subukan...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    I just bought an Idemitsu EcoTec 5w30 engine oil. So far so good. PHP1300, 1 gallon na.
    sir san ka nakabili? fully synthetic ba ito?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    ^
    I'm using the same oil sir, sa Unioil po nabibili yan. Sila ang distributor. Fully Synthetic po sya.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    pag gas engine kasi hindi masyado need na robust ang oil to used.. a good semi synthetic will do, but if you're after longevity and maximum performance try to use an oil with CI-4 rating together with an SL API rating...

Good amount of Phosphorus/calcium/moly/boron and a very good TBN reserve..

traditional gas engine oil (SM/SN) will only have 6-8 TBN rating whereas CI-4 with SL rating will have TBN of 9-10...

automotive engine oils: whats your pick?