New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    - tune-up regularly
    - increase tire pressure (around 32-34psi cold)
    - retard timing by 2-3 deg from the stock recommended setting and use regular unleaded fuel
    - lean out your A/F mixture just as Khaos does for P6,000 (this can be bad for your engine in the long run though).
    - lighten your car of unnecessary weight add-ons
    - make sure your a/c system and electrical system is running well not straining or putting load on your engine.
    diba retarding timing is a fuel consuming

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Advanced timing will cause a gain of 1-3 hp, BUT wil require you to use high octane (e.g.: expensive gas), and as with most power modifiers, will cause a slight increase in fuel consumption. Retarding will lower power and will save you some gas. But if you do lean out your carb, retarding the timing will be a good idea.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    try using hydrogen gas instead of air to inflate your tires, it will lighten the weight of the tire. the tire center in westgate alabang (behind Total gas) does it, P50.00 per tire ata. my accord has a donut spare tire, factory supplied na coz US model.

i too play with the A/C switch pag heavy traffic and my thermostat is set at comfort cool lang.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    iniba ko driving habit ko.. and tumaas mileage ko it was 8km/L on my 4d56 gen2 local pajero.. gulat ako im doing a lil more than 12 na ngayon yehey..

and yung lancer gsr kong matic invecs 2.. nakaka 5.5 noon.. ngayon ay naka pag more than 11km/L nagulat ako lalo na sa lancer... but irerecomputer ko uli lahat.. hahahah

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    May nabasa ako sa net... un oil level din daw wag masyado puno (upper level) for fuel economy tska wag naman below the lower level - bad for engine of course.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tibo_3rd
    try using hydrogen gas instead of air to inflate your tires, it will lighten the weight of the tire. the tire center in westgate alabang (behind Total gas) does it, P50.00 per tire ata. my accord has a donut spare tire, factory supplied na coz US model.

i too play with the A/C switch pag heavy traffic and my thermostat is set at comfort cool lang.
    That's nitrogen gas. There's a thread on it buried somewhere.

If you live in Alabang, the Tire Center will do free refills as long as you bring your original receipt.

So far, I'm happy with the performance.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    wow! this thread is truly helpful, I almost bought the Magnetic along the Fuel Line thing! Somebody offered me that device and I almost got convinced about the idea. Taas na kasi ng GAS! The gadget is calle Super FUEL MAX! i guess it's no help in saving gas after all. might as well improve my driving habits! Thanks guyz!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tip ko po sa mga naka matic.. wag po tuloy tuloy apak ng gas.. pag twing nasa 2t rpm na po.. bitaw muna gas.. for.. siguro half a second lang para po mag shift sa higher gear.. para masmatipid sa gas.. i duno if it will work for everyone.. but it works realy good for me

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    asan na nga ba uli yun acetone thread? di lumilitaw when i did a searc for 'acetone'...ma PM nga si ghost hunter. sya ata yun naglalagay nun sa oto nya.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
any engine tweaks to lower gas consumption?