New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I'm using CTEK and I don't have to remove the battery connections​. It comes with a clamp that you can connect to the battery terminals. I'm using a permanent connection which is very easy to connect and disconnect from the charger.

I don't know where I've read it but it is recommended to place the negative clamp not directly to the battery but to an unpainted body of the car.

Please refer to the Owner's Manual as your charger might be different from mine.
    I think its for safety reason why they suggest to clamp the negative to the car ground..

Connect positive first then negative to ground.. i believe a spark may occur when connecting the clamp.. so if ever that the battery is venting gas, clamping on the negative pole of the battery may cause fire..

Clamp the charger to the battery then plug in the charger.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    thanks everyone! The altis I drive is still on its 1st battery but I feel its battery isn't as strong anymore. It is more than 3 years old already and was not used much the 1st year I bought it. I will try charging the battery and if it can extend my battery by 6 months then sulit na since the charger only costs 800+ pesos hehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    thanks everyone! The altis I drive is still on its 1st battery but I feel its battery isn't as strong anymore. It is more than 3 years old already and was not used much the 1st year I bought it. I will try charging the battery and if it can extend my battery by 6 months then sulit na since the charger only costs 800+ pesos hehe
    this is what i do on my cars.

the day i need a charger to start my car,
    is the day i charge it so's i can start it. my next destination is the battery store, and buy the replacement battery.
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I'm using CTEK and I don't have to remove the battery connections​. It comes with a clamp that you can connect to the battery terminals. I'm using a permanent connection which is very easy to connect and disconnect from the charger.

I don't know where I've read it but it is recommended to place the negative clamp not directly to the battery but to an unpainted body of the car.

Please refer to the Owner's Manual as your charger might be different from mine.
    Though I’m not using CTEK, I attach directly the alligator clamps to the battery terminals. Nasa owner’s manual naman kasi. Then I plug the smart car charger to the AC outlet [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    I bought a cheap Foxsur charger online and was just wondering about some things:

Would avoid using a cheap car battery charger ... might end up costing you more ...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I have read good reviews on Foxsur chargers.. they have different line up of smart chargers ranging from 3-stage, 7-stage and 11-stage chargers.. i convinced my friend to buy one for testing.. if all is good.. i.might try their 7 stage charger

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Would avoid using a cheap car battery charger ... might end up costing you more ...
    Yeah, agree...for something you leave behind unmonitored in your pricey precious? I'd buy peace of mind....CTEK & Deltran are proven brands.[emoji4]

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    I have read good reviews on Foxsur chargers.. they have different line up of smart chargers ranging from 3-stage, 7-stage and 11-stage chargers.. i convinced my friend to buy one for testing.. if all is good.. i.might try their 7 stage charger
    Very smart ... have friend try first ...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Very smart ... have friend try first ...
    Smart sounds kinder than scheming or cunning?[emoji848][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Smart sounds kinder than scheming or cunning?[emoji848][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    jane foster is smart.
    loki is scheming and cunning.

friends are smart.
    enemies are scheming and cunning.

heh heh.