Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    This is not original?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    This is not original?
    The CTEK Comfort Connect comes in different lengths & some w/ charge indicator....prices vary.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Pwede rin dyan yung trailer connector may 5 at 7-pin nun, or yung gamit sa trailer container van. Less than P500 lang yung pares at zinc alloy body with ceramic insulator. Or pwede din Anderson connector designed talaga for battery.
    not sure bro
    nega and positive lang ito e

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    not sure bro
    nega and positive lang ito e

Trailer connector bro, same as nakakabit sa hitch receiver at semi-trailer trucks. All metal weatherproof hindi lulutong plastic sa UV at acid rains. 30amps yata max nyan pwede mo parallel to increase current.

Or this Anderson, UV resistant gamit sa battery system ng EV, UPS, trailer extended batt, could carry up to 200amps

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    The CTEK Comfort Connect comes in different lengths & some w/ charge indicator....prices vary.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    I didn't know that an ordinary one is available and I bought the expensive one for my son's car so we can share the CTEK.

You are late again, for me!
    Smart Car Battery Charger

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    trickle charged my 2 vehicles w/ my good ole suoer last week. so far so good.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Trailer connector bro, same as nakakabit sa hitch receiver at semi-trailer trucks. All metal weatherproof hindi lulutong plastic sa UV at acid rains. 30amps yata max nyan pwede mo parallel to increase current.

Or this Anderson, UV resistant gamit sa battery system ng EV, UPS, trailer extended batt, could carry up to 200amps

astig yan bro
    itong sakin every 3-5 years mukhang palitin lol

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I bought a cheap Foxsur charger online and was just wondering about some things:

1. Do I have to remove the car connections to the battery before charging it?
    2. I saw some videos on youtube which clamp the negative wire of the charger to a part of the car body which is not painted. Would this be the same as clamping the positive and negative wires both to the battery?

thanks!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    I bought a cheap Foxsur charger online and was just wondering about some things:

2. I saw some videos on youtube which clamp the negative wire of the charger to a part of the car body which is not painted. Would this be the same as clamping the positive and negative wires both to the battery?

thanks!
    for most cars, the battery need not be dis-connected from the car, when charging. just do not start the car with the charger connected, or operate hi-power auto appliance inside during charging; the battery may not charge adequately, and/or the charger might burn out.

clamping the terminal to an un-painted part of the body, or to the engine, is electrically equivalent to clamping it on the battery terminal. for most cars, the car's body/engine is negatively-charged or "ground". but there are some exceptions, daw.

personally, i clamp directly to the battery terminals, to minimize resistance. i also find clamping to the battery terminals more convenient.
    besides, with today's modern cars, which part of the metal body is intentionally left un-painted? puede suspension, steering or braking system. but... madumi ang mga yon, eh! heh heh.

there is an order of clamping, and de-clamping, which is considered safer. i just forget which, right now.

happy charging.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 9th, 2020 at 05:11 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post

thanks!

I'm using CTEK and I don't have to remove the battery connections​. It comes with a clamp that you can connect to the battery terminals. I'm using a permanent connection which is very easy to connect and disconnect from the charger.

I don't know where I've read it but it is recommended to place the negative clamp not directly to the battery but to an unpainted body of the car.

Please refer to the Owner's Manual as your charger might be different from mine.