New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You get what you pay for ... Would not be risking a vehicle's worth on cheap chargers ...
    +1

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    good day mga ka-tsikot. i was looking at ctek mxs5 and ct5. magkalapit lang naman presyo. imperative ba sa mga auto with start-stop function na ang charger ay for start-stop talaga?

salamat sa sasagot.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    good day mga ka-tsikot. i was looking at ctek mxs5 and ct5. magkalapit lang naman presyo. imperative ba sa mga auto with start-stop function na ang charger ay for start-stop talaga?

salamat sa sasagot.
    Hindi naman

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005

salamat sa sasagot.
    Im using mx5 and ctek said both can work on my istop and non stop/start car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012

salamat sa sasagot.
    Ct5 ka na lng.. its got the safer desulphation voltage(lower)

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Ct5 ka na lng.. its got the safer desulphation voltage(lower)
    I didn't know about the difference, I just bought the CT 5 as recommended for this "useless" i-Stop.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    salamat sa lahat. 400pesos lang naman between mxs5 at ct5. for added peace of mind ct5 na nga though hindi ko din fully understood exactly difference ng start-stop charger/maintainer.

naenganyo lang ako sa price ng bosch c7. same functionality baka more pa kaysa ctek except lang sa start-stop thingamagig.

screenshot_20210816-093126_shopee.jpg

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    salamat sa lahat. 400pesos lang naman between mxs5 at ct5. for added peace of mind ct5 na nga though hindi ko din fully understood exactly difference ng start-stop charger/maintainer.

naenganyo lang ako sa price ng bosch c7. same functionality baka more pa kaysa ctek except lang sa start-stop thingamagig.

screenshot_20210816-093126_shopee.jpg
    I think there's a difference between a charger and a trickle charger. I don't know if it's safe to leave the charger for a long period of time.

For my trickle charger, CTEK, I just leave it and it forget about it, even for months. The longest time I did it was for about four to six months.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I think there's a difference between a charger and a trickle charger. I don't know if it's safe to leave the charger for a long period of time.

For my trickle charger, CTEK, I just leave it and it forget about it, even for months. The longest time I did it was for about four to six months.
    i do not think it is adviseable to attach an ordinary charger "longer than necessry".
    these ordinary chargers have no "brains", kasi.
    the excess time might dry up the electrolyte.

i have only a basic charger, and i usually charge the battery just enough, so's i can start the engine.
    afterward, i let the alternator do the charging.

in the olden days,
    chargers were used for much longer periods, because the cars' generators then, were not as good as today's alternators, when it came to charging batteries.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 16th, 2021 at 12:12 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i do not think it is adviseable to attach an ordinary charger "longer than necessry".
    these ordinary chargers have no "brains", kasi.
    the excess time might dry up the electrolyte.

i have only a basic charger, and i usually charge the battery just enough, so's i can start the engine.
    afterward, i let the alternator do the charging.

in the olden days,
    chargers were used for much longer periods, because the cars' generators then, were not as good as today's alternators, when it came to charging batteries.
    Thank you for confirming. I forgot about the electronics which makes these chargers safe to leave on a 24/7 basis.