Quote Originally Posted by Panda_baby View Post
    Just want to ask a) where i can have the PMS done other than the casa
    b) best place to have the suspension and shocks checked

All the help is very much appreciated
    Gas station or servitek

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Since Geely is coming back to our market, I thought I post this here. Saw the new Coolray. Looks very very good.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Saw a coolray yesterday at up town, Ganda..sabi agents sila may ari volvo at lotus..hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The Coolray is an impressive piece of kit, I must say. Right now they are offering a couple of solid deals. Cash purchases will get a ₱90k discount while financing gives ₱184k discount for 20% dp, 60 months to pay (₱55k dp instead of ₱240k, ₱23,896/mo).

Geely Coolray Turbo variants are:

Comfort - ₱978,000
    Premium - ₱1,088,000
    Sport - ₱1,198,000

Looking at the list of features on the brochure, it seems you're not missing much if you choose the base model.

Sent using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Question, if company like Geely buys a brand like volvo does it necessarily mean mala volvo na rin ang design at level of tech and quality ng Geely products? I've seen reviews of this cars since it was launched a few days ago saying 90% daw ng makina ay mala volvo, design and workmanship ng interiors are heavily inspired by volvo etc etc.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Question, if company like Geely buys a brand like volvo does it necessarily mean mala volvo na rin ang design at level of tech and quality ng Geely products? I've seen reviews of this cars since it was launched a few days ago saying 90% daw ng makina ay mala volvo, design and workmanship ng interiors are heavily inspired by volvo etc etc.
    They are buying the company together with all its R&D, manufacturing capability, and all the other things in the company. Unless of course, they decided to change things.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    They are buying the company together with all its R&D, manufacturing capability, and all the other things in the company. Unless of course, they decided to change things.
    So pwede na sabihin for the small money you pay, you're getting a "volvo" too.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    So pwede na sabihin for the small money you pay, you're getting a "volvo" too.
    tech means yes like mg with its rx5 and zs- interiors even the panoramic moonroof dials are basically the same with vw tiguan.

don't get me wrong.

volvo is still swedish for it is only funded by china but all its offices and factories stays vs. mg which was full bought by china, and only built a new office in uk that employs only 10 people just for the sake of establishing an office there.

yes buying a geely means you got a little bit of volvo tech inside of it no matter the crappy name of the car (i do not find geely a crapy name vs. foton and haima), but it is still not volvo.
    Last edited by victorevolution; September 27th, 2019 at 05:27 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Just came from the Geely Showroom along EDSA.

Just gonna say, I am impressed with the Coolray.

Sharing the info I got from the agent out of the way, right now, all units available are only the TOTL Coolray units. This month, 50 units arrived and they have all been sold, next month only 20 units will be coming in, also TOTL spec only. The other trims are reportedly coming in by January.

Right now, up to tomorrow September 30, you can plonk down a reservation fee of 10k php which is refundable for your TOTL Coolray. I'm explaining this as was relayed to us by the agent in the showroom. He said, up to tomorrow, you can reserve the TOTL Coolray and they will also give a 90k discount off the SRP. Meaning you can get the TOTL for the price of the mid trim (almost). The 10k reservation is supposedly fully refundable if you choose to back out (that's what I was told)

Seeing it in the metal, I am impressed by the build quality. There really is not much you can "fault' in the TOTL. I don't know what the visual difference would be with the basemodel though so maybe we'll really see them next year.

Problem with the brochure of Geely Philippines, they have little information on what it has spec'd in the TOTL.

Just going off the buttons, it should a self-park (Smart Parking) feature, hill descent assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, TPMS, Electronic Parking Brake, Autohold, Around View Cameras (spotted 4, 1 in front, 1 each wing mirror, 1 in rear), LED Lights (headlamp and foglamp), DRL., Cruise Control (not sure if it is the adaptive cruise control though), Panoramic Sunroof.

No idea how many airbags it has vs the base model. There is none written on the brochure specifically about this. It has Torsion Beam Rear Suspension.

It also says it has Euro 5 emission standard and it wasn't brought up whether it needs premium or can run regular unleaded.

Last note, the MG we viewed still had that "new car" smell (but a little harsher than what you get from your regular Japanese brand counterparts). The Geely in the showroom didn't have it though, so was a bit different in that regard as well.

They also had the Atlas and Coolray PHEV in the showroom but didn't bother to look inside as was focused on the Coolray.

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Geely Cars