New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 6 of 442 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,324
    #51
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    I think it's going to be expensive. That said, I think it's even made to compete against the Explorer.
    Fortuner's and Montero Sport's price in Thailand for comparison:

    Fortuner:
    3.0V 4x4 A/T NAVI - 1,499,000 Baht (P2,078,000)
    3.0V 4X4 A/T - 1,399,000 Baht (P1,939,000)
    3.0V 4x2 A/T - 1,324,000 Baht (P1,835,000)
    2.7G 4x2 A/T - 1,229,000 Baht (P1,704,000)
    2.5G 4x2 M/T - 1,069,000 Baht (P1,482,000)

    Montero Sport:
    2.5 VGT GT 4x4 A/T - 1,339,000 Baht (P1,849,000)
    2.5 VGT GT 4x2 A/T - 1,179,000 Baht (P1,634,000)
    2.5 VGT GLS 4x2 A/T - 1,014,000 Baht (P1,405,000)
    2.4 MPI GLS 4x2 M/T - 915,000 Baht (P1,269,000)

    As you can see, the 2 leading pick-up based SUVs here in the Philippines are more expensive in Thailand, and the difference with the features is minimal. So we may expect the price of the new Trailblazer on par with the local price range of the Fortuner and the Montero Sport. I'm hoping na hindi tanggalin yung mga safety features pagdating dito.

    The Chevy vehicle that serves as the competitor of the Explorer is the Traverse, not the new Trailblazer.

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,526
    #52
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    I think it's going to be expensive. That said, I think it's even made to compete against the Explorer.
    This isn't made to compete with the Explorer. Ibang level ang Explorer. The old US made trailblazer I think was in the same category as the explorer but this new one is totally different from that.

    Fortuner, Montero Sport, Alterra, Everest competitor ito. It's so obvious naman

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,347
    #53
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Fortuner's and Montero Sport's price in Thailand for comparison:

    Fortuner:
    3.0V 4x4 A/T NAVI - 1,499,000 Baht (P2,078,000)
    3.0V 4X4 A/T - 1,399,000 Baht (P1,939,000)
    3.0V 4x2 A/T - 1,324,000 Baht (P1,835,000)
    2.7G 4x2 A/T - 1,229,000 Baht (P1,704,000)
    2.5G 4x2 M/T - 1,069,000 Baht (P1,482,000)

    Montero Sport:
    2.5 VGT GT 4x4 A/T - 1,339,000 Baht (P1,849,000)
    2.5 VGT GT 4x2 A/T - 1,179,000 Baht (P1,634,000)
    2.5 VGT GLS 4x2 A/T - 1,014,000 Baht (P1,405,000)
    2.4 MPI GLS 4x2 M/T - 915,000 Baht (P1,269,000)

    As you can see, the 2 leading pick-up based SUVs here in the Philippines are more expensive in Thailand, and the difference with the features is minimal. So we may expect the price of the new Trailblazer on par with the local price range of the Fortuner and the Montero Sport. I'm hoping na hindi tanggalin yung mga safety features pagdating dito.

    The Chevy vehicle that serves as the competitor of the Explorer is the Traverse, not the new Trailblazer.
    The Traverse looks really ugly.

    I meant to say that because of the rear IFS, which the TOL Trailblazer maybe placed closer to compete with the Explorer 2.0L GTDi. I think in the U.S., during the 90's, these SUV's were made to compete at each other, but I guess not.

    So good thing with Chevy engineers. I think it's the first all-independent suspension midsize SUV under 2M or a little above 2M.
    iam3739.com

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,324
    #54
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    The Traverse looks really ugly.

    I meant to say that because of the rear IFS, which the TOL Trailblazer maybe placed closer to compete with the Explorer 2.0L GTDi. I think in the U.S., during the 90's, these SUV's were made to compete at each other, but I guess not.

    So good thing with Chevy engineers. I think it's the first all-independent suspension midsize SUV under 2M or a little above 2M.
    The current Santa Fe was the 1st midsize SUV under Php 2M with an independent rear suspension, AFAIK. The Trailblzer will be the 1st pick-up based SUV that will have an independent rear suspension.

    Just an update, the sales division of Chevy Philippines told me that the new Trailblazer will be available tentatively starting 4th quarter of 2012

  5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    804
    #55
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    This isn't made to compete with the Explorer. Ibang level ang Explorer. The old US made trailblazer I think was in the same category as the explorer but this new one is totally different from that.

    Fortuner, Montero Sport, Alterra, Everest competitor ito. It's so obvious naman

    i just hope the people in Chevy Phils do market this one sa fortuner levels.

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,888
    #56
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    i just hope the people in Chevy Phils do market this one sa fortuner levels.
    Yan kung gusto nila ng sales....otherwise, it would just go the way of the Captiva.

    Wala pa breakthrough local Chevy here. The Trailblazer has the potential if price right.

    ---
    Mitsubishi can actually afford to have the Montero at these price levels because the 4D56 is just an ancient powerplant. The turbo and intercooler are just add-ons to boost power.

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,324
    #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Yan kung gusto nila ng sales....otherwise, it would just go the way of the Captiva.

    Wala pa breakthrough local Chevy here. The Trailblazer has the potential if price right.

    ---
    Mitsubishi can actually afford to have the Montero at these price levels because the 4D56 is just an ancient powerplant. The turbo and intercooler are just add-ons to boost power.
    In a way yung Chevy Cruze malakas ang sales. It can be considered as a breakthrough Chevy vehicle locally. Humahabol na rin yung Spark. If magiging maganda ang pricing ng Trailblazer, it might dethrone the Montero as the king of pick-up based SUVs. Tingin ko naman magiging maganda ang pricing scheme nito considering that it will be a CBU from Thailand, where we enjoy 0% tariff rates due to the ASEAN Free Trade area.

  8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    157
    #58
    tama ba ito - "based on the Isuzu D-Max pickup platform" ? http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2012...azer-revealed/

    sabagay yung Crosswind nga ni-rebadge ng Chevy sa India as the Tavera.
    Wishing the price is competitive for this Trailblazer, sana may base model na nasa price range ng non-VGT na Montero.

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,324
    #59
    Quote Originally Posted by cyplanr View Post
    tama ba ito - "based on the Isuzu D-Max pickup platform" ? 2013 Chevrolet Trailblazer revealed | Drive Arabia : Dubai / Abu Dhabi [UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman & GCC]

    sabagay yung Crosswind nga ni-rebadge ng Chevy sa India as the Tavera.
    Wishing the price is competitive for this Trailblazer, sana may base model na nasa price range ng non-VGT na Montero.
    Mali yung drivearabia.com. The Trailblazer is based on the Chevrolet Colorado pick-up. The new D-Max is based on the Colorado on the other hand. And mali din yung sinabi sa article that the engines will be sourced from Isuzu. The engines are built by VM Motori specifically for the Colorado and Trailblazer. Yung D-Max naman, kahit same body and same platform sila ng Colorado, has different engines that are built by Isuzu.

    Sana magkaroon ng LS variant ang Trailblazer na pantapat sa Montero GLX variant na non VGT.
    Last edited by numbah5; April 30th, 2012 at 04:51 PM.

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23
    #60
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Just a bit of news regarding the new Trailblazer. According to the SAs of both Chevrolet Quezon Ave. and Chevrolet Greenhills, the Trailblazer will be on sale starting in July, a month after Chevrolet Thailand starts selling it
    Maybe I should wait a bit for this one.. it might be a good addition to my montero.. thanks!

Page 6 of 442 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer