New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    If you get married, then its hopefully double income (and not double expenses). And then the monthly payments can be shared and will feel a hell of a lot lighter. You will be able to start building your house much faster.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    If he gets married...
    1. San titira 2 siblings nya? Baka di ok kay misis na kasama?
    2. Gusto kaya ni misis ang style ng bahay mo?
    3. Ok kaya kay misis magbayad ng bahay na hindi conjugal property? Wise na mga babae ha, di na uso ang misis na engot ngayon.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks a lot for the tips guys. Really learning a lot.

As for the concerns with the future wifey..me and my girlfriend have been together for 5 years and I honestly wanna make this work for the long term. She's a med student now so it'll take close to a decade before she'll be able to contribute financially to the household.

I assume that by the time I've saved enough to make a downpayment for a lot, my siblings already have their own jobs and can find their own place as well.

I'm more concerned about my dad because he has about 10-15 years left before retirement and since he still has to put 2 kids through college, which means he probably won't be able to save much for retirement. Since he doesn't own a house it's quite possible that he'll be living with us. My girlfriend is perfectly fine with that, thankfully.

Hay. I was so foolish to think that I'm earning adequately relative to my age. When I think of all the costs 5-10 years from now...p*ta ang hirap pala kumita ng pera.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    And, before paying a single centavo, make sure:
    1. It does not flood. Ask around. Do not rely on the owner's words, or even the neighbors as they may be in cahoots. Ask as far away as 1 or 2 blocks from the property, behind and front. Check the map, especially the metro flood map.
    2. Check for squaters around the area. It is not just on the property itself but around the subdivision also. Their presence not only lowers the property value, they also put the security of the place in question.
    You can use Google Earth to see this esp the terrain. GPS coordinates lang kelangan mo.

Makiride na rin ako. I usually see new dev't usually sa south (Cavite area). Rarely do I see anything from the north. At nalulula ako sa presyo ng parking sa mga condo ~ 700k and up. Mas mahal pa sa kotse ko.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Cavite area din pinapangarap ko ngayon for my first house as well, if being away from the metro wont be a deal breaker for you. Away from all the noise, but near enough if you have to go back. for five million my tito was able to build a very modern and spacious home. Something im assuming would not be possible if you live here in qc. I know close to nothing regarding this topic as well but a five million peso house is within reach naman for me in the next five to ten years. I think haha.

Kudos on being this goal oriented this early! Im sure youd get your dream house with ample time to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check mo maigi yung title kung bibili ka ng lupa. Yung nabili namin hindi namin napansin may republic act 26 section 7 pala sa likod. Kelangan pa daw pa cancel yun sa court. Kaya nung mag pagibig kami ayaw tanggapin. Ngayon inaayos na ng lawyer namin.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Go with a trusted developer if you can. Theyre more professional, financially stable, have better master planned communities, prices appreciate faster and they can work out the best financing schemes for you with the banks. I would choose this route if i was going to buy a condo, townhouse or house and lot bnew.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    when buying properties.

check on 2 things: floods & fault line.......

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Go with a trusted developer if you can. Theyre more professional, financially stable, have better master planned communities, prices appreciate faster and they can work out the best financing schemes for you with the banks. I would choose this route if i was going to buy a condo, townhouse or house and lot bnew.
    Inside Metro Manila, do the big developers still sell house and lots? Parang wala na kong makita.

Initially I wanted Nuvali, but that would be difficult for raising kids (I'd want them to study in Ateneo/Miriam for GS and Pisay for HS) as well as for work.

I'd rather live in a small house that's in a relatively okay location in the metro.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Also, check who your nosy, pa-social and the maturity of your neighbors

Nakiki wi-fi lang

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    If buying a lot in a subdivision, check for the limitations and rules on what to or what not to build.

Might as well check the association dues as this will be a monthly recurring expense

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Planning for First House - Any Tips?