New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    all the more justification for you to use your 4x4 hehehe.

Well its about compromises now............

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Nuvali is fantastic for raising a family. Xavier school (marvelous campus) and grade A education. Its really a life of leisure there and I wouldnt mind living there myself.

Pricing is nuts though almost 20k per sq.m LOT only.

They have starter places there with houses and lots already (Avida I believe), my friend is staying in one while he builds his new house in Westgrove. I visited him and those are really nice for a starter house.

I think roughly 10-15M for a house there.

Start early
    Our office might move to Nuvali and I've also heard good things about Xavier Nuvali. I have a few reservations though:
    1. I'm not Chinese so am kinda iffy about Xavier. Also not sure if it's at par with Xavier GH or Ateneo

2. Most likely my (hopefully) wife will practice medicine in the metro and it will be quite a taxing commute for her.

You're right. It's really about starting early. Am saving and investing as much as I can now but I don't think I'm at that financial level yet to buy a lot. Maybe next year..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Xavier is easily at par with Ateneo. And your future kids will be tri-lingual. Super advantage.

The commute is exactly 55min according to my best friend(whos kids are in xavier nuvali and he himself is an alumni of xavier greenhills). The south superhighway really helps. Its faster thsn my daily 1.5 hour one way commute from katipunan to makati.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    The problem with having a daily commute from Santa Rosa is you will have to pay P164(skyway)+P57(sta rosa to alabang slex) toll twice each day. Thats P441 each day for commuting excluding gas.
    But if your office moves to Nuvali, then its great for you. Your wife can hopefully get a job in alabang or nearer.

You should probably buy a lot first as those go up in proce quickly. I remember a lot in Ayala Alabang was around P25k per sq meter a few years ago, and now its 55k!
    Even if you dont decide to live in that area, buying a lot would be a wise investment.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Time-wise, might be faster. But cost-wise, big difference.

QC to Makati is about 18km. Rush hour traffic probably 7.5 km/L. So that's 120 pesos per way.

Nuvali to Makati is about 40 km. Highway driving around 12 km/L. Toll is 186. So that's about 360 per way, thrice as much.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    But dont wait. If you're gonna buy in QC , then buy now. next year thats already gone up by 10% or more ! 10% of 10M is 1 million. You wont be able to catch up with price inflation if you wait.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    But dont wait. If you're gonna buy in QC , then buy now. next year thats already gone up by 10% or more ! 10% of 10M is 1 million. You wont be able to catch up with price inflation if you wait.
    Thanks. I guess I'll look around soon. Hopefully my investments gain more than inflation para hindi talo..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Sorry to budge in TS, but this is really an interesting topic.

Just like you, I am also at this stage where I really want to own a home, but doesn't know where to start or which path to go.

- When taking advantage of low interest rates: via banks or via pag-ibig?
    - I personally like to start with lots, then build the house according to my and my wife's tastes and preferences. Even partially. But the problem is I'm still undecided where to buy. In the metro where I'm close to work (where the prices are jacked up, but the convenience is there), or in the nearby provinces (that needs taxing commute/drives and expensive tolls, but the prices are fairly reasonably cheaper)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Try this calculator
    Calculator - Housing Loan

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    A property is also an investment. And its a lot less of a gamble too. Pulling out your funds from one class of investment and putting it in property will still mean your money will grow. And since its also a NEED, then you hit two birds with one stone.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Planning for First House - Any Tips?