New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    PH has much lower number of suicides than rich countries

says a lot about rich countries no?
    i agree on this. First world problems....

People in rich countries are not used to failures and job loss. if they loose their jobs, business close no other options but to jump from a building. even kids with failing marks will get depressed and have a suicidal tendency. because they are programmed to deliver, to contribute to economy and be useful to the society. if you fail there is a stigma, some people even will stoop on you, like, before Mr. X is working on a prestigious company with a good position getting 5-6 digit of salary but look where he is now.

We, Filipino's are more reselient. job loss, ok lang tambay muna hanap sa iba, nalugi negosyo ok lang hinde lang swerte sa pinasok na negosyo, isip ulet ng ibang negosyo. of course in all of the failures laging anjan si SMB or Kabayo at barkada na dadamayan tayo. thats the filipino spirit within us. #ibaangmaypinagsamahan

2. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 2lits17 View Post
    i agree on this. First world problems....

People in rich countries are not used to failures and job loss. if they loose their jobs, business close no other options but to jump from a building. even kids with failing marks will get depressed and have a suicidal tendency. because they are programmed to deliver, to contribute to economy and be useful to the society. if you fail there is a stigma, some people even will stoop on you, like, before Mr. X is working on a prestigious company with a good position getting 5-6 digit of salary but look where he is now.

We, Filipino's are more reselient. job loss, ok lang tambay muna hanap sa iba, nalugi negosyo ok lang hinde lang swerte sa pinasok na negosyo, isip ulet ng ibang negosyo. of course in all of the failures laging anjan si SMB or Kabayo at barkada na dadamayan tayo. thats the filipino spirit within us. #ibaangmaypinagsamahan
    In my opinion, I think it is more of not having a support system of close friends and family that drives some people to depression and eventually suicide. It is not exclusive to first world countries. I have known people in Manila who seemed fine but committed/tried to commit suicide. Upon learning what they were going through, I feel that it could have been prevented if someone was there to talk and counsel them.

Western culture is less family-centric than the PH. You are on your own to build your life. And if you fail, there is no one to console you or pep talk you to keep your chin up. It is very easy to sink into depression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Go for it, the transition is easier when you don't have kids yet.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
    +1 I tried working abroad (UAE) 2 years contract lang kasi di ko muna nirenew nirequest ng eldest daughter ko uwi ka na.

But ok sa OZ my cuz and tita are there naisama pa family kung noong araw ata madali pa mag migrate now may process na OZ skills select at IELTS etc.

kaya ang daming nagtayo ng immigration business/ consultants ;)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Reading the other posts im inclined to believe that happiness really is internal.

To give a perspective, i work with a lot of foreigners. 1st world countries at that and their salary is high even with the stantards of thier country. What puzzles me though is that most of them avoid living in thier countries. Im talking 1st world like Norway, Denmark Sweden really top notch. Guess where they are living and happy at that 2 places Ph and Thailand.

1 Dane friend unquivocally declared i sold everything i own in Denmark and im not ever goimg back. He is married to a Filipina and lives in Angeles i think.

One singaporean friend is moving to Australia, given its also a 1st world country but what got me scratching my head just two days ago is an Indian co worker said he is migrating to Pampanga, like WTF pardon my french. I saw his properties there in India, he has wide tracts of farmlands although theres that he has already a brother and sister who are well established in Pampanga.

As for my self most of my wife's family are US cetizens but we turned down any petition to move. My wife and i said this is our home, we are happy here and i always inculcate my kids that too. Perhaps im not ready or will i ever be to leave Ph or give up on it DU30 not withstanding.

Its really how you make it, diskarte lang cguro. Not to be boastfull just stating a fact were more affluent than my wifes family and mine as well who are also in the US. My wife just gave birth and she sent for her mom, she reimbursed her tickets Moving Abroad - Why or Why Not?.

So yeah im not leaving ever, ill die here travelling when im retired and dringking espresso all the way.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Having visited Australia for a different perspective

Things are pretty in the 1st world perspective indeed but its boring here even if its well structured society..its more fun in the philippines

Im not giving up on the philippines as well..my life is better in the philippines..we have 2 farms in mindanao and its more fun to visit those huge tracts of lands

I prefer to die and be buried here in the philippines because here the departed are always remembered, never forgotten

Ako ay pilipino, that song is heart wrenching

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aNthraxx View Post
    Reading the other posts im inclined to believe that happiness really is internal.

To give a perspective, i work with a lot of foreigners. 1st world countries at that and their salary is high even with the stantards of thier country. What puzzles me though is that most of them avoid living in thier countries. Im talking 1st world like Norway, Denmark Sweden really top notch. Guess where they are living and happy at that 2 places Ph and Thailand.

1 Dane friend unquivocally declared i sold everything i own in Denmark and im not ever goimg back. He is married to a Filipina and lives in Angeles i think.

One singaporean friend is moving to Australia, given its also a 1st world country but what got me scratching my head just two days ago is an Indian co worker said he is migrating to Pampanga, like WTF pardon my french. I saw his properties there in India, he has wide tracts of farmlands although theres that he has already a brother and sister who are well established in Pampanga.

As for my self most of my wife's family are US cetizens but we turned down any petition to move. My wife and i said this is our home, we are happy here and i always inculcate my kids that too. Perhaps im not ready or will i ever be to leave Ph or give up on it DU30 not withstanding.

Its really how you make it, diskarte lang cguro. Not to be boastfull just stating a fact were more affluent than my wifes family and mine as well who are also in the US. My wife just gave birth and she sent for her mom, she reimbursed her tickets Moving Abroad - Why or Why Not?.

So yeah im not leaving ever, ill die here travelling when im retired and dringking espresso all the way.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
    Agree with you bro.

Just thinking, houses in the US if they own one, typically are ~$1M.... That's P50M here. Even when they amortize for it,- that is still a lot of money. And of course, kids going to universities.

If you're indeed richer than them, then you're really super rich bro. Happy for you!...
    Last edited by CVT; February 4th, 2019 at 09:15 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    malaki tinaas ng cost of living sa canada

food, rent

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post

watch this short video

https://twitter.com/CatchUpFeed/stat...39027261383008

10. Join Date