New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Pretty scary. So if it's not criminals that have found a way inside your house somehow, then it's those freaking creepy insects or animals that will make you cower and tremble in fear. 😱

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    In some parts of Florida, there are cases of alligators getting inside homes. In some states in Western US, farmers use rifles to fend off coyotes feeding off pets and livestock. In the Northwest and Alaska, people watch out for bears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why? Because i have experienced to live abroad. And i feel we filipinos deserve better.

Why not? Kakamiss din family happenings. Every time may occasion, hanggang pictures ka na lang.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It all boils down to the support system being available out here. When we’re living in Chicago, my wife decided not to work and just watch over our daughter. We are not so sure about day care and when she does go to work, what she earns will just pay for day care (around 500+ dollars a week). We do have family friends there but it’s like a 30-minute drive.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I'd say go. there is a financial upgrade if there is any. and if done right retirement comes sooner. some pinoys become lonely abroad because they dont know how to make friends.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^^ that's why some pinoy immigrants invite and bring over their parents for months at a time just to look after their kids.
    Last edited by baludoy; March 28th, 2018 at 10:26 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^^ that's why some pinoy immigrants invite and bring over their parents for months at a time just to look after their kids.
    Karamihan ng kakilala ko ganyan nga ginagawa. Yung iba wala talaga anak.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    May winter ba sa Australia? Isa din kasi na factor yun kung san kelangan mo mag-adjust if it is present pero hindi naman palaging ganun.

Sa una, akala ng iba masaya at madali lang pag winter na. Pero once na magtagal yun, mare-realize mo na nagdudusa ka pati mga kasama mo dahil mahirap din pala kung ganun kalamig araw araw.

Mangyayari niyan kadalasan nasa bahay ka lang nagpapainit ng katawan gamit yung heater ng aircon or yung bonfire kung meron atsaka patong patong ang damit mo pero ramdam mo parin ang lamig. GG pa lalo once makaramdam ka ng frostbite na masakit sa apektadong parte ng katawan at magiging mahirap pang igalaw pag ganun.

Pag lalabas ka naman, you will have to shove snow out of your driveway pa or else, di mo malalabas yung car mo outside. Possible din na ma-stuck kasi madulas ang kalye.

Kaya in some sort of way, parang naiisip ko na blessing na din yung season na parang tulad lang din ng satin, which is tag-init at tag-ulan lang, kasi wala kang aasikasuhing season na maraming pagbabago like winter nga. Pero it is nice to experience that parin kahit once lang.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Winter can be depressing especially if it is longer than usual. In the northeast US, it can be snowy from November to April. Not to mention, it can get really cold, like -30*F.

On the bright side, you can do skiing or snowboarding or sledding during winter. Skiing is really fun.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I've been ruminating on this idea for a few months now - my fiance and I can move to Australia, she can have her medical specialization there and I can work in our company's Australia office (or worst case I can find other jobs there). Then eventually have a family there and live a first-world life.

We've parked the idea and decided to just proceed with our lives here in the Philippines - I stay at my corporate job while my fiance finishes residency, then when she has stable income as a consultant, we can perhaps dabble into business.

But then I thought, what if I'm dreaming too small?

I had dinner with my college friends last night and one of my best buds is moving to the Netherlands on a permanent international assignment (local hire) for an FMCG multinational. He's planning to bring his girlfriend there too and propose, then live their married life there and eventually have kids. Another friend is waiting for his expat assignment in Singapore before settling down and popping the question.

The biggest benefit I see with living abroad is that our kids will have much more opportunities growing up. A first-world passport and first-world education will bring them places. And while the first few years of immigration are definitely gonna be hard, once you get established, you live a fairly easy first world life. Plus, doctors earn mega big bucks in Australia.

One drawback is the distance from family, but if you have a comfortable income, you can fly back to the Philippines several times a year anyway. A bigger concern is the risk - it's expensive to move, take the medical certification exam, find a job, and so on.

Anyway, for those who've tried living abroad, or have considered doing so - hope you can share your insights so I can have a better idea of everything that needs to be considered. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    if you want to go, go now!
    while you still do not have roots nor children.

errr... the australian medical culture is british. we here in the phils is american. it's easier for the young medical practitioner to transplant, while still early in the game.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast