New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    going to US is the right thing to do based on the prevailing economic and socio-political situation. what is stupid is if he will stay in this country. in that episode, many of us have seen where he came from---just think of they have : small and simple house in a war-torn province. matagal na taon na paghihirap ang tiniis ng mga kapamilya nya para lang matapos sya ng med. ipinangutang ang kanyang tuition at gastusin sa loob ng mahabang taon. para sa kanila di na sila siguro makakapaghintay guminhawa pagod na rin sila sa pag hihirap---kaya di natin sila masisisi.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Note to all tsikoteers.

One can always argue in an inoffensive manner. State your point and be done with it. We are not in the business of proving who's right and who's wrong, as always, there are none.

Remember that this is a forum, not a courtroom. Always keep that in mind before posting.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama si PK.
    cool lang mga peeps... opinions are neither right nor wrong

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ... nor have anyone here earned any right to JUDGE dr. jacinto's decision. the guy does not know anyone of us, nor has his decision affected our lives. he is only charting his own destiny, a RIGHT all of us have. if we can make our own decisions without anyone passing judgement on us, why not the doctor?

as for doctors being able to earn good money in the philippines, i suppose you need to be one to know. or at least be 1st degree family. anyone who says that a doctor earns big bucks after graduation is saying that as a pure assumption. the truth can't be farther from that. doctors do not earn big money, unless they have the CAPITAL to put up to buy shares in a big hospital. as i said in my earlier post, it now costs MILLIONS of pesos to buy shares (and thus clinic rights) in any hospital in metro manila.

my sister is a doctor. her first job was city health officer in manila. her monthly salary then, 1997, was only P4800/month. the peso/dollar exchnage rate at the time was P9/USD. so tell me, was P4800/month a "good" salary after 9 years of medical school? if you are rich then i suppose it's ok. if you are not, then you aim for something better.

after her residency (pediatrics) she put up a clinic (my money, she does not have any money). we could not afford to buy clinic rights (or shares if you will) in any private jhospital, it was too expensive. MILLIONS, remember! she earned just enough to pay the rent. she could not even afford to watch a movie. she held 2 clinics, 1 in manila, 1 in alabang. she even went to a private hospital in quezon province. but a domestic helper in singapore or hongkong earned more than she did.

she gave up. she now works as a pedriatrician in fiji island.

so please do not judge doctors who now work as nurses. you have not earned the right to do so.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ** hindi ko po nabasa yung ibang post...

mahirap yata kasi sila doc jacinto kaya mas madaling mag nursing sa US. madaming gastos...

ung pinsan ko nakadalawang beses na punta sa states para sa interview/ tests nya para mag-doctor. sa pagkakaalam ko, nagbenta pa sila ng kotse para masuportahan yung pabalik-balik nya .

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    very well said ser yebo.

question lang po, if there any opportunity that comes to your life that you know na mapapabilis pag asenso mo, di mo ba kukunin?

"why walk?...if you can run." :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As an alternative to buying shares in a hospital, you can just opt to teach like how they do here at UST. Para naman may chance lahat.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    otep,

sana nga may place for every graduate to teach. kaso wala e.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with HCO1, masyado tayong nakasandal sa mga OFW for our country's survival. Yes, they do help their own family, but our country? common, ni hindi na nga sila nagbabayad ng philippine taxes, Wala lang sanang pikunan ha, hindi ito Kotse.com, hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes sir yebo kulang nga.

Sinabi ko lang kasi some people might get the impression that it requires millions to set up practice in big hospitals.

BTTT. I do believe in freedom of choice. Malay natin kapag ako naman ang pinalad na maka-graduate eh sa automotive industry ako pumasok.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Medical Board Topnotcher namasukang nurse sa US!