New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Getting Married? Where did that come from? hehehe

Thanks for the motivation I'm already taking baby steps in finding a job. When I do get one, I hope I could stay until retirement. My housewife friend tells me though that housewives work harder daw than those that go to the office.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baby steps? hmmm...wouldn't it be better if you take bigger steps, that way you'll go much farther.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, no amount of prodding or motivation from people around you or from here will make you go to work kung ayaw mo talaga...nasa tao yan...for me kung ayaw, ayaw talaga kahit madali lang, kung gusto naman kahit anong adversities eh gagawin...

for me tingin ko ayaw mo talaga mag work, iba yun lip service eh, yun sinasabi na gusto ko pero.....??? there are a million reasons why you don't need to work, you can just pick a 100 reasons and pwede mo na gamitin ng buong buhay mo yun mga 100 na dahilan na huwag mag work...

you don't like office politics? kahit saan part ka ng mundo pumunta hinde mawawala yan, ayaw mo ng boss na matapang or naninigaw? it's not a perfect world honey, it is up to us to cope with the situation presented to us...

I'm sorry cathy but the reasons that you've mentioned were really shallow at least for me..phobia from your boss? it is not like you were molested or worse rape by your boss, normal lang yun nasisigawan...

me thinks your just making excuses not to work....

tama yun sabi nung isang poster

kung ayaw, maraming dahilan..
    kung gusto, maraming paraan...
    Last edited by shadow; May 14th, 2008 at 08:45 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Getting Married? Where did that come from? hehehe

Thanks for the motivation I'm already taking baby steps in finding a job. When I do get one, I hope I could stay until retirement. My housewife friend tells me though that housewives work harder daw than those that go to the office.

That is true. Do not take baby steps. Take the plunge Sis!

When I was in my junior years in the company (still single then),- our plant GM, who's a foreigner, for some reasons I do not understand, was shouting at me everyday d*mn day, without fail, during his last 30 days with the company. It was hurting, yes, but these cr*p actions made me a stronger and a better person. "Through the fire, through the limit"....

For me, I encourage my wife to work. One of the reasons I got interested with her is because she's intelligent. Sayang naman ang pinag-aralan niya kung hindi niya magagamit ito professionally because in our opinion, we both graduated from one of the better schools in the country,- this is just me. I admit that it is harder for a wife to work and take care of the kids/family. But she's my Partner,- so I am sharing the responsibility with her. She may be dependent on me, but not totally. (We also finished our post-graduate studies in the same class from the 'other school' a few years ago, both with flying colors, while working and taking care of the family).

IMO, it's a safety net to our family just in case I lost my job or something happens... you know. A working wife will always be a bridge or an advantage, nowadays....

6000:mobile:
    Last edited by CVT; May 14th, 2008 at 09:40 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there are many things in life and at the office that you cannot control.

but one thing you have complete control over, every single day, is your ATTITUDE.

get a job, come in with a positive attitude, and you'll be amazed at how well things will go for you. come to work with fear or disillusionment, and you'd have failed before you even began.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Attitude cathy... attitude to win. That's all you need...

Primary reason I don't want to be employeed is because there will always be someone higher that you.

So what I did is hire myself, next target is to put up my own company. And I'm already working on it with my partners in Canada, possibilities could be endless. Here's the catch I came from a poor family, money is always a problem I can't afford graduate study even Certifications but that is not enough to stop me.

It's all up to you now. Baby step is not acceptable, tread it...
    Last edited by CoDer; May 14th, 2008 at 10:48 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    When I was in my junior years in the company (still single then),- our plant GM, who's a foreigner, for some reasons I do not understand, was shouting at me everyday d*mn day, without fail, during his last 30 days with the company. It was hurting, yes, but these cr*p actions made me a stronger and a better person. "Through the fire, through the limit"....
    You must have a really strong personality to have withstood that kind of treatment from your boss. In my case, I was so affected that I was physically getting sick.

How I wish I could work with my first boss again. Really nice, intelligent, and pretty (super). Plus she treats me like her baby sister. I miss those times when I couldn't wait til Monday coz I was actually excited to go to work. Iba talaga nagagawa pag mataas ang employee morale at maganda working relationships sa office. Too bad she's left the country already. My last boss looked like Ms Tapia at Dragon ang ugali.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So, how's the job hunting?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I know that I may get violent reactions from this post but I just need some suggestions from you guys.

I used to look forward to going to work. I loved my job, boss and officemates. It was like that for 3 1/2 years until I got transferred to another dept where the work was horrible and the boss was doubly horrible. I lasted less than a year coz I couldn't take it anymore. I'd cry in the ladies room every morning and it got to the point that I was getting sick almost every week. My frustration with my job was having physical manifestations already (BTW our whole team ended up being wiped out because of that boss. I was just the first one to leave). I told my Mom about my problem and I proposed that I'll take some time off work and take graduate studies instead. I promised her that I'll get a job as soon as I graduate. It took me 3 years to finish and now I'm done. I'm really lucky that my Mommy supported me totally in those 3 years and she paid for my studies. She said that my only job was to get good grades and find a good job after.

Now that I am done my Mom is expecting that I'd have work by now. I am actually embarrassed because I've been a PALAMUNIN for 3 years since I resigned. The problem is I've been out of the corporate world for 3 years and this hiatus I discovered is already paralyzing me with fear. Fear that I won't get a job. Fear of rejection. Fear of having a bad boss. Fear of having to put up with office politics. I also hate the thought of getting up at 5:30 in the morning.(I used to be a morning person) It seems like I've lost my enthusiasm for working. The only reason why I am looking for a job right now is because I am ashamed with my Mom na for being a PAL. hehe.

For those who are working, where do you get your enthusiasm? I need your replies badly because I'm slowly falling into depression.
    My family motivates me to work.

The next time that you feel bad about working just thing that it's worst to be hungry and not to have money at all :-)

Actually Cathy kahit saan ka naman pumunta may mga Ms. Tapia diyan, hangga't empleyado tayo ganyan ang haharapin natin lahat.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    you are one lucky girl...... try to live by yourself and you would surely be motivated. do not wait until you dont have somebody to fall back to.....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
How to get over work phobia