New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Gomen nasai neh!

It's supposed to read " charge the battery and retest"
    You guys are amazing... the first time I read it, it "sounded wrong" to me but I couldn't figure it out.

Regarding the multimeter, that seems old school and I think it I saw that one in a very old video tutorial. I might be wrong...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post

Regarding the multimeter, that seems old school and I think it I saw that one in a very old video tutorial. I might be wrong...
    the friendly motolite outlet i go to, has one. they routinely use it when i drive over for battery replacement.
    i suppose all their branches have one...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    Bumili ako ng bagong elm327 kaso napansin ko na pag matagal nang nakasaksak sa obd2 port ay nagkaka check engine ako. Happened twice. Nung di ko na kinabit ay di na umulit. Baka nakaka interrupt sa communication system ng oto.
    This is a good update. So it's better to use a voltmeter or perhaps get an "expensive" scanner.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    This happened to me last Dec.2017, voltmeter reading 12.5 (engine off) and 14.1 (engine running).
    Pansin ko hirap na mag-start sa umaga, what i did was the old school way of testing the battery., which is turn-on the headlight, crank the engine.
    Eh nag-blink na yung headlight ko, so ayun napabili ako ng battery ng wala sa oras. Sabi ko nalang sulit na rin battery ko which is almost 2.5 years na din.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGa View Post
    This happened to me last Dec.2017, voltmeter reading 12.5 (engine off) and 14.1 (engine running).
    Pansin ko hirap na mag-start sa umaga, what i did was the old school way of testing the battery., which is turn-on the headlight, crank the engine.
    Eh nag-blink na yung headlight ko, so ayun napabili ako ng battery ng wala sa oras. Sabi ko nalang sulit na rin battery ko which is almost 2.5 years na din.
    This works for models that allows you to turn on the lights with the engine off. For some models, you won't be able to turn on the headlight if the engine is off.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    This works for models that allows you to turn on the lights with the engine off. For some models, you won't be able to turn on the headlight if the engine is off.
    I agree

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004

Maybe one can turn on engine ... turn on headlight ... turn off engine ... then restart after a minute or so ...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    What if sira starter, can you still jump start it? If not, any other way para ma on engine?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Push start ... literally ... only if it's a manual transmission ...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    What if sira starter, can you still jump start it? If not, any other way para ma on engine?
    if the battery still has some power left in it, but not enough to turn a starter, and your car is MT,
    you might still be able to start it, even if you do not charge the battery.
    "push-start", as stock says.
    we were doing it on a regular basis, years ago, when we couldn't afford a new battery.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast