New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by likot View Post
    Can someone give me the link of contributors map? Just send me a pm. I know I need to contribute I just want to see the file
    It won't work, because the process is not that simple. There's no link anywhere that a non-contributor (or non-user at rg.ph) can access.

Come now, start contributing, it's pretty easy!

HTH.

[SIZE=1]21/3,714[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    :hammer:

How hard is it to click the "quote" button?

This guy pulled his post from:

the orig page:
    http://www.homeelectronicsequipment....vi-760-review/

google cache:

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a

Quote Originally Posted by paullex View Post
    As for the Garmin Nuvi 760 it is the best stand alone/ practical Gps device one can use.
    The Nuvi 760 screen is a little more advanced, everything is still in the same place, but the overall appearance and functionality has been enhanced. A nice example can be found when you enter you destination address. Instead of having to choose your state when you start, the Nuvi 760 auto defaults to the state you are located in. Multi-destination routing is also an added feature found on the Nuvi 760. This is the perfect tool when planning stops en-route to your final destination. When taken for a test drive the 760 proved to have a very strong routing engine. I found the GPS system to be very efficient; it delivered easy to follow instruction and quick arrival times.

The Bluetooth compatibility allows you enjoy hands-free phone communication, a must for today’s drivers. When you pair the GPS with your mobile phone the 760 automatically downloads your contact list. The navigation system becomes a mini phone system; you can make and receive calls through the device, which acts like both microphone and speaker. If you combine the Bluetooth with the 760’s FM transmitter you can use your car’s stereo system to make calls. You will notice that the transmitter could use a little more punch, it does not always work well in places with a busy radio dial. All in all I find the Garmin Nuvi 760 phone features to be very handy; you never have to fumble with your phone when all the important information appears on your GPS.

It also has an Integrated FM TMC Traffic Receiver but does not yet work in the Philippines. It is a must-have tool for those who drive on major expressways daily. You don’t have to program traffic notification and detour information the Nuvi 760. This model automatically detects congestion and then asks you if you would like to take a different route. Valuable information can be found on the traffic details page, including what is causing the delay and estimated wait time.
    Yung naka-boldface type lang yata ang iniba niya. Tsk.

[SIZE=1]22/3,715[/SIZE]
    Last edited by woohoo; February 19th, 2010 at 08:06 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by roninxt View Post
    The roadguide standard Philippine map is ok but the routes are outdated specially in Makati. Yung mga one way dun hindi nya makuha.

I'm using the Openstreet Map, meron syang updates every 2 months. The latest release was on Feb 15, 2010. It's pretty detailed, ang daming POIs and most routes are accurate.

You can't search addresses though. This feature will be included in the future.
    You can also help contribute waypoints since this is open map.

Get the OSM map for garmin here:
    http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin

You can use both the roadguide and osm map. Use roadguide for the address search. Yung OSM map mag-o-overlay sa roadguide.
    how can I use both map If I put them together how can I select which map to use? I tried to put both and of course it will rename the new one. Tried to open garmin software and it used the "outdated" roadguide map.

Why don't they just give the updated map for free like the other country? I was kicked on that forum because I asked if there's a free cd key for Garmin Mobile. I'm just asking men give me a warning first. Sorry I forgot to read the EULA. Go open source men...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Ok lang yun . The "founding" guys at the roadguide.ph are pretty strict that everyone read and follow the rules. I think it is only proper din that we do and I don't think we can blame them for that. This has kept forum traffic to a minimum and only to pertinent and relevant topics, which is quite commendable. Anyway, once you get to meet the guys, they're very helpful naman and would in most cases, oblige to your request... for as long as it didn't break any forum rules.

Anyway, I'm using both OSM and the contributors version of the Roadguide maps on my Nuvi. There are pros and cons comparing the two. But suffice to say, there are a LOT more pros on the roadguide version. So believe you me... it's well worth to get it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by likot View Post
    how can I use both map If I put them together how can I select which map to use? I tried to put both and of course it will rename the new one. Tried to open garmin software and it used the "outdated" roadguide map.

Why don't they just give the updated map for free like the other country? I was kicked on that forum because I asked if there's a free cd key for Garmin Mobile. I'm just asking men give me a warning first. Sorry I forgot to read the EULA. Go open source men...
    There are 2 ways to do this:
    1. If one map is in the internal memory of your unit, put the other map in the SD or microSD and plug it in in your garmin unit.

Garmin will load both gmapsupp.img when you start it.

OR

2. If you don't have an SD or microSD, you will need to merge both roadguide and osm maps to the gmapsupp.img in the internal memory of your unit (use Mapsource to do this and send the merge maps to your device).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    yung garmin mobile cant lock on to the satelites, but the built-in gps of my phone can. does it really require the bluetooth to be on?

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Perhaps it hasn't locked on to the satellites yet. Give it several minutes.

HTH.

[SIZE=1]20/3,713[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    yung garmin mobile cant lock on to the satelites, but the built-in gps of my phone can. does it really require the bluetooth to be on?
    Garmin Mobile XT runs in two modes. The "trial" mode allows you to use the program if you already have an external Bluetooth-enabled Garmin GPS. The "full" or licensed mode allows you to use the built-in GPS receiver of your phone/device.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    So thats why, i'm using the trial version. i'l need license to use it. Thank you sir, time for the hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Garmin Mobile XT runs in two modes. The "trial" mode allows you to use the program if you already have an external Bluetooth-enabled Garmin GPS. The "full" or licensed mode allows you to use the built-in GPS receiver of your phone/device.
    Last edited by blue_gambit; February 19th, 2010 at 06:06 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thanks for the answer, finally had it working. try ko mag contribute

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just got my nuvi1350 last monday. it has a built-in singapore and malaysia map since it was bought at an IT show in Singapore. Loaded the routable of roadguide.ph and OSM. Pretty much straightforward if you read ghe how to's in the site. I'm gathering waypoints of destinations and will soon contribute to be able to download the contributor's map. Ok lang naman maging strict, well hindi naman sila ganun ka strict, to maintain order in the site. You'll be surprise how thin the manual is considering the many functions of this unit. Oh...sana may voice ni Pinky Webb na pde download sa Garmin...hehehehehe
    Last edited by afrasay; April 8th, 2010 at 11:29 AM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Review for Garmins GPS w/ Philippine Maps