New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    As for the Garmin Nuvi 760 it is the best stand alone/ practical Gps device one can use.
    The Nuvi 760 screen is a little more advanced, everything is still in the same place, but the overall appearance and functionality has been enhanced. A nice example can be found when you enter you destination address. Instead of having to choose your state when you start, the Nuvi 760 auto defaults to the state you are located in. Multi-destination routing is also an added feature found on the Nuvi 760. This is the perfect tool when planning stops en-route to your final destination. When taken for a test drive the 760 proved to have a very strong routing engine. I found the GPS system to be very efficient; it delivered easy to follow instruction and quick arrival times.

The Bluetooth compatibility allows you enjoy hands-free phone communication, a must for today’s drivers. When you pair the GPS with your mobile phone the 760 automatically downloads your contact list. The navigation system becomes a mini phone system; you can make and receive calls through the device, which acts like both microphone and speaker. If you combine the Bluetooth with the 760’s FM transmitter you can use your car’s stereo system to make calls. You will notice that the transmitter could use a little more punch, it does not always work well in places with a busy radio dial. All in all I find the Garmin Nuvi 760 phone features to be very handy; you never have to fumble with your phone when all the important information appears on your GPS.

It also has an Integrated FM TMC Traffic Receiver but does not yet work in the Philippines. It is a must-have tool for those who drive on major expressways daily. You don’t have to program traffic notification and detour information the Nuvi 760. This model automatically detects congestion and then asks you if you would like to take a different route. Valuable information can be found on the traffic details page, including what is causing the delay and estimated wait time.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga sir.. i have the regular map.. paemail naman po or pahinge ng link ng contributors.. i want to contribute.. but hindi po ako magaling sa computers.. and i dont know how to.. thanks

alvincochua*hotmail.com

thanks

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post
    mga sir.. i have the regular map.. paemail naman po or pahinge ng link ng contributors.. i want to contribute.. but hindi po ako magaling sa computers.. and i dont know how to.. thanks

alvincochua*hotmail.com

thanks

sorry to say but the Roadguide Contributors Map is exclusively for members with Contributor Status... so you really have to contribute in order to have access to it... Contributing is pretty much easy.... just go over the How to section to familiarize yourself.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by edgar_ramil View Post
    Same here, I'm also impressed with MobileXT on my Nokia e90 naman.

Actually I'm comparin 3 navigation apps on my fone.

I Have:

1. Navfone Pro

2. Nokia Maps, now Ovi Maps

3. Garmin Mobile XT

Sa Navfone Pro, ang ayaw ko lang, available palang na maps ay yung Manila at Cebu. Pero almost complete yung list nila ng mga streets at bldgs. Medyo parang bored nga lang magsalita yung voice navigation nya.

Sa Nokia Maps naman, wala pa talaga silang maps ng Pilipinas. Ang ginagamit ko lang ay yung Satellite Map. Dahil mas updated ito kesa dun sa google maps/google earth.

Sa Garmin MobileXT, maganda ang UI at mas maganda yung voice navigation nya. Mas buhay.

I'm still contemplating if I'm going to buy a dedicated gps device tho.. Hay..

Good day,

Bro, would you happen to have a link and instructions on how to install garmin XT sa E90. Pa share naman hehehe. Thanks. medyo eng eng ako sa mga ganyan eh.

-ronald-

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Can someone give me the link of contributors map? Just send me a pm. I know I need to contribute I just want to see the file

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Am using a Garmin GPS. It is pretty cool especially when traveling through not-so-familiar areas at night.....

9303:grin2:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The roadguide standard Philippine map is ok but the routes are outdated specially in Makati. Yung mga one way dun hindi nya makuha.

I'm using the Openstreet Map, meron syang updates every 2 months. The latest release was on Feb 15, 2010. It's pretty detailed, ang daming POIs and most routes are accurate.

You can't search addresses though. This feature will be included in the future.
    You can also help contribute waypoints since this is open map.

Get the OSM map for garmin here:
    http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin

You can use both the roadguide and osm map. Use roadguide for the address search. Yung OSM map mag-o-overlay sa roadguide.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mga sir, i need help. I already installed garmin mobile xt on my samsung i8910hd phone. I copied the uncompressed free osm-ph map on the garmin folder, kaso everytime i use it, nasa europe yung map. Can you please help me? Thanks

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Mga sir, i need help. I already installed garmin mobile xt on my samsung i8910hd phone. I copied the uncompressed free osm-ph map on the garmin folder, kaso everytime i use it, nasa europe yung map. Can you please help me? Thanks
    I'm not familiar with your unit. Try changing the country to Philippines.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Perhaps it hasn't locked on to the satellites yet. Give it several minutes.

HTH.

[SIZE=1]20/3,713[/SIZE]
    Last edited by woohoo; February 19th, 2010 at 07:51 AM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Review for Garmins GPS w/ Philippine Maps