New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 62 of 239 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sir Gary, thank you for the explanation.

I am currently using Philips Rally H4 90/100W 2500 lumen +/- 15%.
    This is according to this website which shows the lumens of different bulbs.

http://forum.vwgolf.pl/viewtopic.php?t=131169

I am very confident your setup will provide me with even greater output.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick50 View Post
    Sir Gary, thank you for the explanation.

I am currently using Philips Rally H4 90/100W 2500 lumen +/- 15%.
    This is according to this website which shows the lumens of different bulbs.

http://forum.vwgolf.pl/viewtopic.php?t=131169

I am very confident your setup will provide me with even greater output.
    Bro this setup will burn your chrome as the amount of heat being generated by this bulb is too much for the headlight. Some headlights a few months sunog na chrome, some take a little bit longer but definitely I do not recommend this as I have seen many HLs na burnt out yung chrome after a few years.

I am quoting the review here for this bulb from the above URL

Power Bulbs Review
    If you're looking for high wattage bulbs then these are an excellent choice. Just remember they're not road legal however and can damage your plastic lenses and wiring due to the extra heat generated, so make sure you take precautions. Alternatively take a look at some of the latest Xenon gas filled upgrades we have to offer.

I am 100% sure that the quad plus projector will give you a more intense and wider output.
    Last edited by garyq; March 31st, 2011 at 11:26 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kent1023 View Post
    eto naman daytime pix niya. ang liwanag gary...sa gabi nakaka tulong sa illumination above ng cut off ng projector

wow..super like

the LED strip was made completely by garyq? galing!

Bi-xenon na rin ba yung low lamp nya?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *bongsac - hindi led strip ang nilagay ni gary, naka mount individually yung led bulb. both projectors ay bixenon

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    Bro this setup will burn your chrome as the amount of heat being generated by this bulb is too much for the headlight. Some headlights a few months sunog na chrome, some take a little bit longer but definitely I do not recommend this as I have seen many HLs na burnt out yung chrome after a few years.

I am quoting the review here for this bulb from the above URL

Power Bulbs Review
    If you're looking for high wattage bulbs then these are an excellent choice. Just remember they're not road legal however and can damage your plastic lenses and wiring due to the extra heat generated, so make sure you take precautions. Alternatively take a look at some of the latest Xenon gas filled upgrades we have to offer.

I am 100% sure that the quad plus projector will give you a more intense and wider output.
    I've installed the Philips Rally H4 on my Innova for 5 years already. No damage what so ever to the headlights. I can show you when I drop of my 2011 Montero Sport at your garage, I'll ask my driver to convoy with the Innova.
    These high wattage bulbs from Philips are not plug and play. I had to install larger gauge wiring , relays and ceramic harnesses. I might add I've never been pulled over by the MMDA for my headlights.

But I agree with you even the most powerful Halogen is no match for HID output. Which is why I am going with the Retrofit for my Hi beam and Fogs

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kent1023 View Post
    *bongsac - hindi led strip ang nilagay ni gary, naka mount individually yung led bulb. both projectors ay bixenon
    Hi Kent,

Can you post photos of your lights at night?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slick50 View Post
    I've installed the Philips Rally H4 on my Innova for 5 years already. No damage what so ever to the headlights. I can show you when I drop of my 2011 Montero Sport at your garage, I'll ask my driver to convoy with the Innova.
    These high wattage bulbs from Philips are not plug and play. I had to install larger gauge wiring , relays and ceramic harnesses. I might add I've never been pulled over by the MMDA for my headlights.

But I agree with you even the most powerful Halogen is no match for HID output. Which is why I am going with the Retrofit for my Hi beam and Fogs
    high power bulbs: good for you bro coz some headlights react differently. Sa Navara less than 2 years sunog na yung top part. I've also seen this in other vehicles. Anyways am excited to do your Montero.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    oh that's great. kapos kapa sa ilaw?

used that before but better kasi output with the fogs i'm using now.

Not really kapos but I want a bit more light pa. Output is wider and a bit longer compared to the Accord on hid reflectors but the intensity in the middle is a bit lacking sa Xtrail. I have the lightest tint in front so that's not the culprit.

Would a foglight projector retrofit be better or can I install 50w ballasts to improve lighting?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    IMHO, glntVR, yung OEM installed, wag na galawin.

Sa fogs nalang bro. Pag ginalaw kasi ang high beam wala ka na pang-flash / pass.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    IMHO, glntVR, yung OEM installed, wag na galawin.

Sa fogs nalang bro. Pag ginalaw kasi ang high beam wala ka na pang-flash / pass.

Sobrang bihira na ko mag flash e, unless gabi na and naka on na yung HID. Hehe Wala din kasi talagang Halogen pang flash. High and Low beam na yung oem projector same as yours, wala ka na din pang flash diba? hehe

Park light lang yun katabi ng projector. Mas okay nga siguro fogs nalang, but let's wait din for the recommendation ni sir gary