New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 239 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    starex: yup ok nga yun. Did several EK's na ganyan ang shroud and ok lumabas. Kmusta retro mo?
    Nasa akin parin kasi yung Philips HID. Still can't decide kung mag retro kasi malaki ang risk ng warranty at pag nabangga

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sir i want to ask if theres an availbale retrofit for FORD everest 2005 model Gen.1? pa pm nman ng price.. thanks

OK guys eto na actual road shots ng bolt on projector ko. all settings ng cam the same and basically pix were taken minutes apart. I am getting suprised by this projector everytime I test it. The bowl is smaller than the fxr but the output is even better in some aspects.

bolt on projector (bop), non-oem bulb,35w slim ballasts, center

fxr, philips 4300k,35w slims, center

as expected the foreground lighting of the BOP is more intense as the output is thicker (as shown in the wall pix), the output of the BOP is also whiter and even if the non oem bulb is rated at 4300k, I think it is closer to 5000k-5500k. The fxr has its distinct two thick "ray guns" (old skul term) projecting down the road.

Tried to overdrive the bulbs using 55w ballasts and here are the results:

bolt on projector (bop), non-oem bulb,55w slim ballasts, center

fxr, philips 4300k,55w slims, center

In the long term, the Philips can handle the 55w ballasts better and the increase in the surface temp of the fxr is negligible. The increase in the surface temperature of the BOP is more noticeable. Please also note that whiter color has less performance sa road. Whiter output washes away road details and puts more strain sa eyes.

My verdict:

I am going quad sa EG ko, will maintain my FX sa outer and install H1 sa inner. Why? I want reliability sa main lights ko as I dont want my lights conking out in the middle of a provincial trip which I often do. But I want optimum lighting na without spending an arm and a leg so BOP ako sa inner with 35w lang which I think is more than enough but then again.....hehehe.

If you are on a budget and want to use HID properly without glaring other motorists,use my bolt on projector. I would expect the setup to perform very well in 2 years. The bulb will color shift by then but I will provide very good discounts for those na magpa retrofit sa akin (for ballasts and bulbs)>>discount applies only for those na ako ang magretrofit. My bolt on setup is a little more expensive than banawe type na trabaho but its properly made with oem spec wiring harness and even oem headlight sealant. Eto yung FXR performance on a budget with one year warranty. Best value setup right now. This outperforms the G1 by a mile and the G3 by a half mile, hehehe.

If reliability is important for you (4-5 years of uninterrupted use)then go for my oem setup. The FXR/Philips has more crisp output and sharper cutoff and it will perform the same throughout its lifetime. My FXR package is more expensive than other setups coz I use Philips bulbs and oem ballasts with oem spec wiring and oem headlight sealant. Pati cover sa likod oem ang dating.

Now if you have separate LO and HI sa hl like the FD, CRV, Escape, Forester, etc ......go for the quad! Wala ka nang hahanapin pa hehe

Some more pix:

bolt on projector (bop), non-oem bulb,35w slim ballasts, side

fxr, philips,35w slims, side

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Eto ang OK. Honestly, I hate HID lights, the ones that just flood the whole front of the car, top to bottom. For dim lights, that line has to be maintained so that the cars in the opposite lane will still be able to see the road ahead, and also as a courtesy to the car ahead of you.

May bolt on lang ba ito for the CR-V? I've noticed parang projector na ang housing nito eh.

mguy: that's how it should be. A proper hid setup is one that will give you max light with minimum glare. Meron for CRV nyan na bolt on. PM me

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mguy: that's how it should be. A proper hid setup is one that will give you max light with minimum glare. Meron for CRV nyan na bolt on. PM me
    PM'ed you.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    mguy: diba you have the 2010 CR-V? naka projectors na yan ah

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    mguy: diba you have the 2010 CR-V? naka projectors na yan ah
    Yun assembly type nya ay projector pero halogen pa rin ang bulb. yun 4WD lang ang naka HID. I find the stock bulbs medyo mahina eh. Must be due to age, my age.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Pwede naman ata lagyan yan ng plug and play HIDs. Pero di same ng 4WD yung output.

Yung 4WD ko naka HID na nga. 3 lanes yung coverage ng light.