This is a very serious question and I am hoping for a non-biased reliable answer backed up by experience and knowledge regarding the subject matter. What do you think is the top two of the most reliable cars(2014/2015) that you could buy here in the Philippines? When I say reliable I mean the car that would get you from point A to point B while encountering the least amount of problems such as breaking down for the next 10+ years of using it. This car is going to be driven in the city most of the time and very rarely goes out of town. All of the parts of the car (air-conditioning system, cooling system, electrical system, etc.) would be in the best condition for the next 10+ years and would need repair with the least number of times. This car will be strictly Casa maintained all throughout it's duration of use and periodic maintenance would be religiously followed.

Reliability is the only thing that I am searching for in the car. I do not care about looks; I do not care about the "fun to drive" factor. I do not care about it's "image", "prestige", or "status". I just want a vehicle that would get me from point A to point B with the least amount of hassle or "sakit sa ulo". One thing I hate is ung masiraan ka sa daan while driving tapos you decide to send it to casa for repair and you won't be able to use the car for several weeks/months during the repair. I'm trying to avoid vehicles that has a lot of issues kahit brand new siya. Fuel efficiency is also a plus but reliability is still the top priority. I do not know if this helps but this vehicle will be driven and maintained in Davao so the Casa here in Davao would also probably play a part in its reliability.

However, the vehicle size classification would only be limited to the following:
1. Subcompact cars- Examples would include Toyota Vios, Honda City, Ford Fiesta, Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent, etc.
2. Compact cars- Examples would include Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Mazda3, Ford Focus, Mitsubishi lancer, etc.
3. Mini SUVs - Ford Ecosport, Suzuki SX4, etc.
4. Compact SUVs - Toyota Rav-4, Honda CR-V, Mitsubishi ASX, Hyundai Sonata, Ford Escape, etc.
5. Mid-Sized SUVs - Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Monterosport, Hyundai Santafe, Ford Everest, etc.

This means na hindi na kasali ang mga pickup, full size SUVs, Vans, Mitsubishi Mirage, Hyundai i10, etc. Regarding the transmission, this is debatable since different brands of vehicle would have different types of transmission. Like whether the CVT of Toyota is better than the CVT of Mitsubishi or whether the CVT of Toyota would be better than the traditional AT, or whether Manual transmission is better than CVT in terms of reliability, it really depends. Choosing between Gas or Diesel also tells the same story.

The budget would most likely be a maximum of 1.7 million pesos. It would be better kung mamention ang variant ng sasakyan for example 1.6G na toyota corolla or 2.0V na toyota corolla. etc. at about 60-80% of the time the vehicle will be occupied by one person(driver) only. I hope unbiased ang mga answer. Like if you are a fan of hyundai or honda, eh honda and hyundai rin ang ipopost mo just because this is your favorite automobile manufacturer .

This would help other people who are asking the same question and i hope sasagutin to ng mga experts dito. I will also add my opinion regarding this soon.