New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    It's hard to judge the reliability of a vehicle kung less than 5 years existing.

Brand new ang usapan kasi. You can only make an educated guess on past performance of a car model.

Well unless kung brand new owners pa lang may problema na, Paano pa in then next 10 years.
    Last edited by [archie]; August 1st, 2014 at 05:54 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mykpogi View Post
    2012 Mitsubishi Monterosport - 20k mileage - repairs: acceleration issues, already replaced electronic throttle system. transmission issues, differential problems.

2013 Toyota Fortuner (not ours, sa pinsan ko) - 15k mileage - repairs: replaced shocks, sliding clutch fixed, replaced brake system
    Less than 2 year old cars and on those miles may ganyang issues na kagad? That's very unlikely, and very unlucky. Considering they are 'best sellers', and nearing a decade in the market. Mass production ba ang culprit?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mykpogi View Post
    My family's vehicles:

2005 Toyota Vios (daily drive) - 160km mileage - repairs: 3x compressor change, 2x shock absorber change, 4x axle boot repair, regular pms (every 2 months) sa speedyfix using RP oil.

2005 Isuzu Alterra (coding and weekend car) - 70km mileage - repairs: 1x SCV change, regular pms (every 6 months) sa shell.

2007 Ford Everest - 40km mileage - repairs: 1x SCV change, transmission repair, yearly pms sa casa.

2010 Hyundai Starex - 40k mileage - repairs: major engine breakdown, very unreliable, naka-parada lang sa bahay, regular pms sa shell.

2012 Mitsubishi Monterosport - 20k mileage - repairs: acceleration issues, already replaced electronic throttle system. transmission issues, differential problems.

2013 Toyota Fortuner (not ours, sa pinsan ko) - 15k mileage - repairs: replaced shocks, sliding clutch fixed, replaced brake system

so which is the most reliable?
    Isuzu Alterra 2005 IMHO.
    Grabe bro! Bat parang ang sirain ng sasakyan nyo? None of our vehicles ranging from year model 2001 to year model 2013 have ever changed shocks yet.

Our family friend's 2009 Fortuner and our 2013 Strada have had no issues whatsoever so far.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    If I were to buy a car simply for reliability I'd get a new rav4 4x2 6at

+2.5 camry engine, understressed + clean fuel + no worries from turbo
    +6AT
    +medium duty suspension setup, better than subcompacts.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    If I was worried about reliability I would just lease instead
    They pay for everything that goes wrong while you own it

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    If I was worried about reliability I would just lease instead
    They pay for everything that goes wrong while you own it
    Philippine market... no leasing here except for luxury vehicles.

Also, when you lease a vehicle, you can't exceed the mileage in the agreement without incurring a penalty, and usually, all repairs under lease not covered by warranty are paid for by you... not the car company.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ Sir Niky, how about Toyota's leasing program? Was that merely another in-house financing variant?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    sir sa toyota lease to own dba 5-7 yrs bayaran
    in-house financing din yan

9. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reliable na brand new? I believe that it has to prove itself over time before you can brand it reliable.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Philippine market... no leasing here except for luxury vehicles.

Also, when you lease a vehicle, you can't exceed the mileage in the agreement without incurring a penalty, and usually, all repairs under lease not covered by warranty are paid for by you... not the car company.
    In the BMW flexi lease all pms costs are included in the monthly. Its also under warranty so if anything goes wrong, they pay. The insurance is also included. You just have to put gas and tires in it. The mileage limits are high enough for the average owner.

Its just a matter of time before toyota/honda/ford implement this as well on their passenger cars. Honda could do this because of their cars ridiculously impressive resale values.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What is the top 2 most reliable brand new cars(2014-2015) here in the Philippines?